Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
From what I have heard from folks who actually work there, Colt is just RIDICULOUSLY mis-managed - like a nightmare-comedy level of half-a$$ery.

That is why they are where they are now - not because of poor products.

I would not touch a new, unverified Colt with a 10’ pole because of what goes on at customer service/repairs. NOBODY is watching or gives a dang.

Last edited by alukban; 12/25/19.
GB1

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I think it was on one of the two recent Python threads, some dude said Colt was bringing a new Python out.

I remember. Someone got the scoop before Kevin.
EVERYONE got the scoop before Kevin. I guess I need to talk to my boys in the industry more often.
No, you need to pay attention to your own threads right here and actually remember what somebody said and even IIRC you yourself commented on.

LOL a lot of idiots who have no idea about the Python action the way it was designed in the 50's and that is why it had to be hand assembled.

The new Pythons being released for sale in less than 3 weeks will look identical on the outside dimensionally with a improved rear sight, even has a red ramp front sight. Will be SS only for obvious reasons with a brand new action in 6in and the 4in to follow in 60 days or so.

New action is fast like the original and still very smooth. Just be patient all questions will be answered soon but not today. That is all.

Less than two weeks ago...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14335660/4

About par for the course...I'm about as sharp as a bowling ball anymore.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

If the action is different, then it is not a Python
THIS ! !

And I think Colt is smart enough to know this.

I really wanted to ask a ton of questions because I didn't want to put him in a compromising position. So I took what he offered, and didn't ask any questions. What he said was, the internals are NOT MIM or Investment cast. So if you're not doing any sort of casting, that typically leaves CNC and EDM. And if you're going to do internals from CNC and EDM, the original Python action just isn't all that hard to make.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alukban
From what I have heard from folks who actually work there, Colt is just RIDICULOUSLY mis-managed - like a nightmare-comedy level of half-a$$ery.

That is why they are where they are now - not because of poor products.

I would not touch a new, unverified Colt with a 10’ pole because of what goes on at customer service/repairs. NOBODY is watching or gives a dang.

Colt has been mis-managed from day one. They have ALWAYS been a train wreck. Starting in the '80's their quality took a major nose dive. And while I think the company is "cursed", I can't get on board with what you're saying TODAY.

Post reorganization, Colt has been making some VERY good decisons, both business wise, and product wise. Now I don't expect it to continue indefinitely because it's Colt for God's sake.

But I have been to Colt, was given a tour by one of the product managers and engineers. I know people who used to, and still do work there. It's not a train wreck. In fact, these days Colt kinda reminds me of pretty much ANY competent manufacturing businesses. I hear the same kinds of complaints from employees that you tend to hear at most companies.

As for their union shop. Contrary to the comments made by so many here who are just anti-union (and I'm far from a union fan). Their work force is VERY mature, with most having worked there for over a decade. Their workers are VERY competent, and I will say their union workforce is better than any other large gun manufacturer I have been to (S&W, Ruger, Taurus...and a bunch of others)...And that's a big compliment from me, because Ruger's employees straight have it going on.

For the past 15 years, Colt's 1911's are IMO the best of the mass produced 1911's. I almost never see them coming in for repair, only for customizing. See a LOT of other brands coming in because they don't work, and a TON of the older ('85 - '2008ish) Colts, but almost never the newer ones. My personal .38 Super bought in 2011 has been a massive success for me. Thousands of rounds through it without ANY problems, and it is one of the most accurate production pistols I have ever owned.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Hopefully they would be compatible with Walt Sherman's roller action mod

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
As great as stainless is, I would miss the deep polished blue of the old Python.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by doubletap
As great as stainless is, I would miss the deep polished blue of the old Python.

Polisher was the #1 job at colt. it took a while to to become a top notch polisher. Those guys are all gone now.

The saying was; smith and Wesson are selling handguns and colt is still polishing theirs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
A successful Colt is good for the U.S. firearms industry.

Good to see so many Glocksuckers....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Me too. That and the fact that since discovering the .44 special a few years ago I have less and less desire to use a .357. However, if they are the quality of the old Pythons I may buy one just to have one.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
They might sell a few more if they made them 41 Specials.

Of course every Boomer needs another 357 they shoot 38s out of, especially the Boomers that dont currently have or havent owned a Python yet.
I hope they price it for that market and are successful.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI

Hear! Hear!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by watch4bear

Polisher was the #1 job at colt. it took a while to to become a top notch polisher. Those guys are all gone now.

The saying was; smith and Wesson are selling handguns and colt is still polishing theirs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MOST don’t realize what it takes. Kohler has a 2 year apprentice program before you can work on the faucet line!!!!

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’d like to see them chambered also in .41 Magnum, and make Elliason sights an option. I’d stand in line, money in hand.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HawkI

Good to see so many Glocksuckers....

Pretty sure everyone would like to see a strong Colt company; but its been raided and sold off for parts so many times, there's not much left.

For those expecting the same quality as the old pythons; they will be sorely disappointed.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GF1
I’d like to see them chambered also in .41 Magnum, and make Elliason sights an option. I’d stand in line, money in hand.
Colt never actually made a .41 magnum, their engineers just felt the frame was a little too small for the safety margins they wanted.

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Right. I seem to remember a prototype or some such one off Python in .41 Magnum.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GF1
Right. I seem to remember a prototype or some such one off Python in .41 Magnum.
There were several made and some got out of the factory. Ultimately there was no widespread release.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
No despite the rumors there was never a 41 mag made. Some continue to spread this rumor but they are just dead wrong. The new Python is slick very slick. The DA and SA are as smooth if not smoother. I think they are better. Will be announced before SHOT. Going to be a very interesting a couple of days after New Years.

Just be patient and you will be rewarded soon..:)

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GF1
There were several made and some got out of the factory. Ultimately there was no widespread release.

Colt never made a prototype .41 magnum. Every "Prototype" that anyone has ever seen in .41 Magnum is a forgery. They made prototypes in .22LR, .22 Mag. .22 Hornet, and .40 S&W (and perhaps a ctg or two I don't remember)...But they never did build one in .41 Magnum. Their engineers knew to just not go there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreenDolphin
No despite the rumors there was never a 41 mag made. Some continue to spread this rumor but they are just dead wrong. The new Python is slick very slick. The DA and SA are as smooth if not smoother. I think they are better. Will be announced before SHOT. Going to be a very interesting a couple of days after New Years.

Just be patient and you will be rewarded soon..:)
F u c k off.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 59 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,880
Posts18,518,168
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.