Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The Mossberg MC1sc for me. It's been a long time since Mossberg put out a handgun and I was skeptical until I actually got to handle one. It looks like they actually put some thought into it rather than just throwing something out into an already crowded market for sub-compact 9mm's.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
More of a confirmation than a true surprise, but the Sig P365 was exceeded my expectations.

The Sig P365 was definately a surprise. Very compact high capacity and easy to hit with.

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by achadwick
Thanks! I’ve been looking at those.

Ditto. Trying to determine the best way to affix a Fastfire to a Glock 19, that ain't MOS from the factory.

Still have a hard time with the idea of them not coming apart with the 'back and forth' of the slide. But if blue says they are good, that works for me.

The mounting part is easy - get it milled by a reputable shop and install suppressor sights to cowitness. Prices will be ~$125-$200 depending on options.

But - the Fastfire is definitely NOT good to go in a slide mount. Expect to be taking advantage of whatever factory repair service is offered if you go this route. The Vortex optics are in the same category here as the Fastfire.

I've been carrying and shooting slide mounted red dots on Glocks and other pistols since about 2012, and train with a group of people who use them almost exclusively. The Trijicon RMR is your best choice for a good to go optic, and they can be had right now for ~$350-$450 new depending which version you get and where you shop.

The Deltapoint Pro is a decent optic as well, but in my experience is a better range optic than a carry optic. I'd use one on a competition gun, but have lost any desire to mount one on a carry gun. The SRO seems to fit in the same category from what I've seen, although I have not personally used one.

Here is an example of a milled slide for an RMR with suppressor sights. This is a G17L.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Yondering; 12/23/19.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
My surprise with handguns this year was the Canik TP9SFx - the competition model that is similar to the Walther Q5. I was very impressed with how good it is, especially for a cheap pistol but it's on par with much more expensive pistols honestly. It needed a couple spring swaps (easily done with off the shelf parts), and after that the trigger is great. Accuracy was excellent right out of the box. Factory mags hold 20 rounds, but flush fit 18 round mags are available and very reasonably priced. They are good mags made by MecGar.

Interesting thing about these guns is they can use a handful of parts from other guns. Rear sight is from a Glock 43, front is M&P. Glock striker springs improve the trigger, Glock safety plunger spring, and Glock or Sig 320 guide rods and springs can work to re-spring the action.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Yondering; 12/23/19.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
My surprise was finding a 9mm I actually like and will carry every day, a Wilson Combat EDC X9. I cant say enough how impressed I am with this gun

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Xdm 10mm. I haven't shot my newest threaded and red dot version much yet but the 4.5 I bought when they were first out was flawless in function with factory ammo and my reloads. The threaded one has had perfect function so far too but has had less than 50 rounds through it.

I often had ftfs with my glock 20sf. I never could trust the glock but my confidence in the Springfield grows with each shot so far.

I also really like the M&P 2.0 40 with the 3.6" barrel I bought. Very accurate and easy to shoot with perfect reliability. A few cases of 180g ranger t police trade ins at $16/50 made 40 pretty attractive.

Bb

D
dla Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
The M&P 2.0 Compact, 4", 40sw has become my favorite truck gun. Just so easy to shoot well. Love that aggressive grip texture. Dead reliable. $299 versus $500+ for a G23.

SCCY CPX-2 is a nice shooting sub-compact 9mm. Dimensions the same as the Kel Tec PF-9 except a bit wider grip to accommodate the double-stack mag. The increased width makes the pistol easier to shoot. A well designed, well built $175 pistol for real concealed carry.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was impressed with a Sig M17, and will probably rent one soon.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 56 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,314
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.