-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I expect Georgia to handle Baylor. UGA offense is certainly not prolific, but the D is capable of smothering Baylor.

We’ll see how they play.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
If you were to be fair, and have an 8 team playoff, you would have to have 3 SEC teams.

No you wouldn’t.

Win your division and conference, then you can play in the playoff.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I'm not seeing where a fairly new coach at Baylor had near the recruiting power of either Ok team.

Seems he must know what hes doing with what hes got.

Yes Sir, Matt Rhule has done a great job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I despise the notion that a bunch of old white guys are going to meet in a smoke filled room and vote on who is going to have the chance to play for a mythical national championship in Div 1A football, instead of following the timeless method of letting the players decide it on the field of play by pitting champions against champions.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A 8 team playoff system would turn the SEC championship into the “national championship”.

Not every year, but a good many.. #2, #3 in the SEC is better that other conferences best.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
If you were to be fair, and have an 8 team playoff, you would have to have 3 SEC teams.

No you wouldn’t.

Win your division and conference, then you can play in the playoff.

AMEN!! (Even though I don't want any damned play-off in the first place.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
How is it wrong that one conference is just better? It's not our fault really SEC hatred is a real thing. We had the BCS we dominated that so then the CFP and up untill this year the Fightin'Sabans have been in that. How bout 6 teams? #1&2 get byes then play it through then we could have 4 of the 6 and keep the money and the title down heah in God's country(never heard of anyone retiring and moving North have you?) I pick a bit but after last night anyone think OU and The buckeyes do anything with the Bayoux Bengals? Just got a text Joe Burrowx just threw another TD. Tween the hedges red stick the loveliest village on the plains cowbells in Starkvegas the Grove Rocky top the quad in T Town people SAY they want us the never ask for us though.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
8 team playoff of the Conference Champions is the only thing that makes any sense at all.

But there is 10 conferences. Who decides who get left out? Some old fat white guys in a smoke filled room?

Last edited by Oldman3; 12/29/19.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
LSU had a hard time beating Auburn in their own back yard. Only won by 3 points 23-20. They only beat Alabama by 6. Auburn, Georgia, and Alabama are probably better than Oklahoma. Clemson only won one of their games by one point, and were close in others. Yet Clemson took care of Ohio State. An 8 game play off system would be better, but we would have to go back to a 10 game season, to have time.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
LSU had a hard time beating Auburn in their own back yard. Only won by 3 points 23-20. They only beat Alabama by 6. Auburn, Georgia, and Alabama are probably better than Oklahoma. Clemson only won one of their games by one point, and were close in others. Yet Clemson took care of Ohio State. An 8 game play off system would be better, but we would have to go back to a 10 game season, to have time.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just me but even those old white guys know these lesser conferences have no place in playoff system. Also about the money in what teams fan base travel and spend $$$. Smaller schools and lesser conferences don’t fit the equation. If expansion were to happen, then what about a “super” conference creation. That way the “super” schools will be playing playoff type ball all year.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Cause we need the cupcakes of the world to remain as cupcakes. Nobody likes to admit it but that's why you'll never see 25 team east vs 25 team west super conference.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After seeing OU stomp USC early I thought they would be in the final game. Dayom. That Gurleyman will fall to LSU though.

LSU defense wont let Girleyman run.

Sunshine is 25-0 as a college quarterback and has won three CFB playoff games and been MVP of two of them, and he’s just a sophomore.

LSU may or may not win, but Clemson will not go quietly.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What's very apparent to me is that OSU has a world of talent. What's also very apparent is that any time they play someone with an equal amount of talent they get beat. Nobody in the Big 10 has anywhere near the amount of talent OSU has, which is why they always run right through that league. The ACC was weak this year for sure, but Clemson has a world of talent too, and when they play someone with an equal amount of talent they seem to come out on top the majority of the time. That says a lot to me.

If Clemson doesn't figure out how to pressure Burrow it will be a long, long night for them vs LSU. OSU's QB had all day to throw most of the time, and Burrow will eat them alive, whereas Field's just doesn't have the "it" factor anywhere except the Big 10. Anyway, I expect more excuses from Buckeye fans over the next month or so. Always love it when anything to do with Urban Myer gets beat.

What a total embarassment for OU, and the Big 12. I rarely feel sorry for OU, but I have to admit I did because I kind of like Lincoln Riley. Even if Baylor had beaten OU and got in, they would have suffered the same fate OU did, as it would have been a shellacking. This mindset of all offense and good enough defense is a big reason why the Big 12 basically sucks across the board. I think if there were an 8 team playoff, probably 5 of those that get in would get the ever lovin' crap kicked out of them. I would agree that there's rarely more than 3 teams in any given year that have the talent level and coaching to win it all. If you believe that recruiting matters, it's not going to change anytime soon. There's always 5-6 SEC teams with the top recruiting classes.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
What's very apparent to me is that OSU has a world of talent. What's also very apparent is that any time they play someone with an equal amount of talent they get beat. Nobody in the Big 10 has anywhere near the amount of talent OSU has, which is why they always run right through that league. The ACC was weak this year for sure, but Clemson has a world of talent too, and when they play someone with an equal amount of talent they seem to come out on top the majority of the time. That says a lot to me.

If Clemson doesn't figure out how to pressure Burrow it will be a long, long night for them vs LSU. OSU's QB had all day to throw most of the time, and Burrow will eat them alive, whereas Field's just doesn't have the "it" factor anywhere except the Big 10. Anyway, I expect more excuses from Buckeye fans over the next month or so. Always love it when anything to do with Urban Myer gets beat.

What a total embarassment for OU, and the Big 12. I rarely feel sorry for OU, but I have to admit I did because I kind of like Lincoln Riley. Even if Baylor had beaten OU and got in, they would have suffered the same fate OU did, as it would have been a shellacking. This mindset of all offense and good enough defense is a big reason why the Big 12 basically sucks across the board. I think if there were an 8 team playoff, probably 5 of those that get in would get the ever lovin' crap kicked out of them. I would agree that there's rarely more than 3 teams in any given year that have the talent level and coaching to win it all. If you believe that recruiting matters, it's not going to change anytime soon. There's always 5-6 SEC teams with the top recruiting classes.

PREZACTLY !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not seeing where a fairly new coach at Baylor had near the recruiting power of either Ok team.

He did an exceptional job for what he had to work with !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

He did an exceptional job for what he had to work with !

What do you think about the Texas coach, always with Top 5 talent, but always underachieving?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Herman is a clown, a classless clown at that. How UT puts up with this idiot is beyond me.

I'm sure this is old news to some of you, but did anyone catch this asshat's response of flying the bird when a highly sought after recruit flipped and signed with another team?

Then some head-butting nonsense before the OU game........it didn't work.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bet a lot of UT Alumni are wishing they had ole Mack Brown back.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
UT has more money than the Catholic Church! If Herman doesn’t win this year he will be gone. It’s been too long since UT has really been mighty...and for The Texas-Exes that won’t fly any longer. It’s win or be gone and damn the contract.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 18 invisible), 1,134 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,153
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.