-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't trade my snowed in cabin in Mt. for a California beach house..... different strokes and all...

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
I wouldn't trade my snowed in cabin in Mt. for a California beach house..... different strokes and all...

EdM have a sockpuppet maybe? smile

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by irfubar

EdM have a sockpuppet maybe? smile

LMAO..... smile it's a thang these days....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by flintlocke
My daughter is an urgent care RN here in Calif. so I get frequent stories from her, people trust nurses and they talk. Calif. in the perfect storm of climate, charity (enablers really), idiot urban politicians passing "virtue signalling, feel good laws", the Mexican Democrat voting block that now guarantees a Dem legislature and governor....all this comes together to make this a mecca for druggies. It is NOT a homeless problem, it is a DRUG problem. 100% period. And the people who come in to the ER are from every other state you can imagine, the word's out, Calif is the place to go. Every possible form of social assistance for free, no ID or residency hassles. The hospitals, at taxpayers expense have to dispense methadone or suboxone to these druggies. Why is that bad you ask?
Methodone and suboxone ARE drugs...they do NOT cure addiction, they mitigate the cravings. If the druggie is broke, it'll hold them over for a day or two, 'til they can score some really good street dope. It's hopeless, it really is. We need to forget the Narcan in every cop car and let Darwin do what Darwin does.

Dems always discount the homeless and drug addiction connection

All above is true.

I work as a cop in a major west coast city and my primary responsibilities are the calls regarding the homeless. I have over two hundred and forty (240) RVs and some other vehicles used as housing by addicts in my section of the city. I have small tent camps and well hidden holes they use for their lifestyle.

I have two families in vehicles and about twenty working stiffs that can't afford rents. Three actually, as the rest are illegals sharing a RVs as mobile apartments, complete with a hot bunk rotation.

My numbers are anecdotal but revised every Monday and Tuesday as I work the same area. Some homeless are the prison excess kicked out due to overcrowding but the vast majority of them are just addicts partying their lives away.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
California was once a great state I have lived here 56 years seen what happens when Democrats get there way people wake up, Ca NY homeless and ultra wealthy middle class is pushed out look at the taxes in both liberal strong holds.

We once had a great governor in this state you might have heard of him Ronald Regan the state was awesome we were the Golden state. I remember driving to school and Paul Harvey would come on the radio give the news and would give the national average for gas I would say thank God I live in ca. Now we have some of the highest gas in the nation we do have the highest gas tax in the nation.

Now I have to bring my own bag's to the store, I have to ask for a straw at the restaurant , I can not order ammo anymore I have to go to a FFL and buy it. I try to order auto parts some people do not ship to Ca prop 65 says all merchandise needs a letter warning of cancer. My Buddy was in Montana the other day got a bunch of stuff for his home doing a remodel and the lady says sorry sir we can not ship to ca these are not low flow faucets. This is what voting Democrat gets you.

If you ever want to know what it is like to live in Russia come move to this crazy state. I have three years until my youngest daughter graduates from high school I will have another home purchased and rent the last couple of months I am forced to live in this nightmare.

Oh now lets talk about paying 75.00 bucks to smog my 2017 GMC diesel then pay 895.00 bucks to register it every year. Or how the county I live in charges me a luxury tax to own a 10 year old bass boat that I already payed the registration the muscle inspection fee and 25.00 to launch in S cal lakes every time I use it.

Sorry I could go on all day.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost
First mistake was watching FOX News who have never portrayed anything factual...
Second was not checking the facts your self.
Third was attempting to further spread the fake news yourself.

Facts are too easy to check when one attempts to find out.

Phil

Fox News is the only honest news channel and almost the only honest provider of news.

The rest of the news media have abandoned the task of honest providers of the news. They are propagandists working for the progressive fascist cause. We have just finished nearly 3 years of them lying about Trump Russian collusion. You look back at how the MSM handled it and it’s clear that they lied about it to hurt their political enemies.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m glad I don’t live in California

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FOX is the only one of the MSM outlets that I watch. Gave up on all the others in 2009. But as to the main topic, I wonder if the attraction for homeless bums and drug addicts is partially due to the climate. Besides all the freebies. Back in the mid 1970's I was talking to a homeless bum in Fresno, CA. ( San Joaquin valley) and he told me he came to CA. for the climate. Forgot where he was from but it was in the northern U.S. where bums have to deal with severe cold and snow. Said life was much easier now that he didn't have to endure those winters. Perhaps now with all the free stuff plus an easier to deal with climate those folks are flocking there. Give them a nice climate and all kinds of free stuff and then they wonder why so many go there? Sure beats losing part of your leg to frostbite after passing out under the bridge that you were living under like another guy I once knew that grew up in the same neighborhood as I. Never heard anything about him since then. Perhaps he's on the west coast now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Every time I think my disdain and amazement at how rotten kalifornicationkopia is and that it can't be increased - another fact is revealed that stuns and bewilders me regarding that schidthole!
Just this minute it was revealed on FOX News TV that kalifornicationkopia (under demonrat control for how long now?) has MORE homeless people than the other 49 (forty nine!) states COMBINED!
Now you got's to be some busy, stupid, anti-American valued muthaphuckas to achieve that horrible status!
All I can say is, way to go you ignorant sons of bitches and daughters of whores - you've completely ruined a once perfectly pleasant state.
Sad!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Calif passed prop 47 which made it a misdemeanor to steal Up to $990 and the same for possession of drugs like heroin etc. Many of the DAs have announced that they won’t prosecute misdemeanor and vagrancy violations. Furthermore, an idiot judge decided you can’t punish homeless for vagrancy if you don’t have a bed for them.

With this legal environment pandering to druggies, criminals and homeless it’s no wonder that they flock to California.

Homeless can go into sporting goods stores, pick out a tent n sleeping bag, walk out without paying and no consequences. They can go into liquor stores a pick out $900 with of booze and steal without consequences.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I read somewhere that Hawaii gives homeless vagrants one way tickets to the mainland. Maybe all other states should provide $500 and a ticket to California. Turn it into an open air concentration camp. The weather is nice and vagrancy is accepted. They will stay on the coast and not bother the good Californians.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
My daughter is an urgent care RN here in Calif. so I get frequent stories from her, people trust nurses and they talk. Calif. in the perfect storm of climate, charity (enablers really), idiot urban politicians passing "virtue signalling, feel good laws", the Mexican Democrat voting block that now guarantees a Dem legislature and governor....all this comes together to make this a mecca for druggies. It is NOT a homeless problem, it is a DRUG problem. 100% period. And the people who come in to the ER are from every other state you can imagine, the word's out, Calif is the place to go. Every possible form of social assistance for free, no ID or residency hassles. The hospitals, at taxpayers expense have to dispense methadone or suboxone to these druggies. Why is that bad you ask?
Methodone and suboxone ARE drugs...they do NOT cure addiction, they mitigate the cravings. If the druggie is broke, it'll hold them over for a day or two, 'til they can score some really good street dope. It's hopeless, it really is. We need to forget the Narcan in every cop car and let Darwin do what Darwin does.

All above is true.

I work as a cop in a major west coast city and my primary responsibilities are the calls regarding the homeless. I have over two hundred and forty (240) RVs and some other vehicles used as housing by addicts in my section of the city. I have small tent camps and well hidden holes they use for their lifestyle.

I have two families in vehicles and about twenty working stiffs that can't afford rents. Three actually, as the rest are illegals sharing a RVs as mobile apartments, complete with a hot bunk rotation.

My numbers are anecdotal but revised every Monday and Tuesday as I work the same area. Some homeless are the prison excess kicked out due to overcrowding but the vast majority of them are just addicts partying their lives away.

The real story of California by a person who lives it every day at a level very few get to see. Thanks for everything you do Ranger Green.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
kwg020: The main problem with kalifornicationkopia, as I see it, is first of all NO ONE wants to solve their various and manifold problems - and the people in charge seem intent on making their many and varied problems worse in order to maintain their strangle hold on power.
Northern kalifornicationkopia separating itself from southern kalifornicationkopia is one partial answer - and the other is the oft promoted by MANY, of simply the "big one" taking out kalifornicationkopia altogether.
Sad no matter HOW you look at the problems or the lack of solutions.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awaiting Gayghost factual rebuttal

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Just across the state line, but see the exact same thing here.... the homeless problem is a drug problem for the most part..

sure some get caught up in the high price of basic living...but it is hard to find a homeless person in our town.. and they are plentiful...we just have a lot of woods, so they aren't camping on the sidewalks...its hard to find one that isn't a drug addict...
my wife works administration at the local hospital, and has for the past 15 years..... and they see it daily, 24/7....

most of these people don't care if they see next week alive, as long as they can get high today....

They average homeless hater, still cares more about their lives, than the drug addict homeless cares about their own lives...

ya want a solution, address the problem.. not make excuses for it and then do nothing but enabling it...

This is what the leftists want the country to be... as it is a cancer within, and will kill this nation...I predict CA will be broken up into a couple of states within the next 5 years... because CA can't survive the next 5 years of the pass that it is on...the Federal Government is what is keeping it propped up now...CA soaks up what? 50% of welfare dollars given out in this country...

prices in a supermarket across the state line in CA are close to double what the same thing would cost you in Oregon at the supermaket....then CA has high state tax on top of that...Oregon doesn't.... but our democRATS get awfully inspired by CA democRATs....

welfare benefits and drug tolerance is what is enabling homelessness in this country.....

but on the flip side, I've been saying for a long time.....freedom is when the government doesn't know your name, who you are or where you are.. and that describes homeless also...maybe they know something we don't....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by add

Got it.

It's the drugs, not the laws or lack of enforcement of them by the libs of your state.

crazy

YUP!

being on scene, across the state line and family working at the local hospital along with knowing several shift leaders at the ER, and my son working there supporting the ER..... Flintlocke is spot on... for NO Cal or So. Oregon...and doubt it is much different anywhere else.. sure is the same up in Potlandia....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
I read somewhere that Hawaii gives homeless vagrants one way tickets to the mainland. Maybe all other states should provide $500 and a ticket to California. Turn it into an open air concentration camp. The weather is nice and vagrancy is accepted. They will stay on the coast and not bother the good Californians.

That has been going on for years and from many different States..

We used to keep a binder full of the Out-of-State warrants that stated that they would not extradite from California.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

All above is true.

As a resident of Pennsylvania, this the stuff I love best about California ! smile

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
You ever try to live outside in the winter in Montana....

How many major cities are in CA? Looking at a map compared to the entire east coast, the stats might make sense.... but probably not to a guy who went over the CA line directly into NM....

You ever been to the FL Keys? The whole, homeless people prefer nice weather for outside living might start to make sense.

Christ, Ive only been to CA a few times, and the reason why instantly clicked in my head.... Id head to one of those coastal valleys or the keys instantly... surely not BFE Montana...

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 22250rem
FOX is the only one of the MSM outlets that I watch. Gave up on all the others in 2009. But as to the main topic, I wonder if the attraction for homeless bums and drug addicts is partially due to the climate. Besides all the freebies. Back in the mid 1970's I was talking to a homeless bum in Fresno, CA. ( San Joaquin valley) and he told me he came to CA. for the climate. Forgot where he was from but it was in the northern U.S. where bums have to deal with severe cold and snow. Said life was much easier now that he didn't have to endure those winters. Perhaps now with all the free stuff plus an easier to deal with climate those folks are flocking there. Give them a nice climate and all kinds of free stuff and then they wonder why so many go there? Sure beats losing part of your leg to frostbite after passing out under the bridge that you were living under like another guy I once knew that grew up in the same neighborhood as I. Never heard anything about him since then. Perhaps he's on the west coast now.

Thought we figured this out last week... his name is Charlie. His mom updated us once 30yrs ago. He took the pot.... now his garage has a tree on it...

Attached Images
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
ejp1234: Are you stupid enough to be trying to say that the ignorant liberal idiot politicians in kalifornicationkopia do not encourage homeless people and illegal immigrants to come to kalifornicationkopia?
I hope not because that would be a VERY difficult cross to bear (being that ignorant!).
I blame the horrific situation in kalifornicationkopia NOT on the climate but on the ignorant, liberal, idiotic politicians that the ignorant, liberal, idiotic people of kalifornicationkopia keep electing!
Sheesh - open your eyes and ears man.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 1,747 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,141
Posts18,523,288
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.