Campfire Ranger
J
Truth

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Surprised this thread has gotten this far without anyone mentioning what a f u c k i n g ugly pistol this is.

This is a classic Ruger move: come out with something entirely different than what the competition is doing at a blue collar price point.

Look for a small bolt gun sometime down the road.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
If the street price ends up being in the low to mid-$500s, it should put a major crimp on the Kel-Tec PMR-30, the poor man's 5.7.
You're not exactly plugged into reality, are you? I gave $334 for my PMR 30 and can buy a box of 50 40-grain JHP .22 WMRs for roughly $12 total. And you "think" a gun selling for $200 or so more with factory loads costing roughly $32 for 50 rounds is "put a major crimp" in that. As Big Stick would say, "congratulations?"

Maybe not. The Kel-Tecs go for around $399 here, and my experience with the brand is such that I would rather pay more for the Ruger and ammo and skip buying any more Kel-Tecs.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've never considered a Ruger centerfire pistol before.
I'll definitely be buying one of these as soon as the LGS gets them in. Cool as hell...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Oh h ELL yeah, now if it’s reliable as a Glock, I would carry it all the time.

IC B2

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
40 cents a round is going to limit the appeal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dla
40 cents a round is going to limit the appeal.

This has been an issue with this chambering.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the street price ends up being in the low to mid-$500s, it should put a major crimp on the Kel-Tec PMR-30, the poor man's 5.7.
You're not exactly plugged into reality, are you? I gave $334 for my PMR 30 and can buy a box of 50 40-grain JHP .22 WMRs for roughly $12 total. And you "think" a gun selling for $200 or so more with factory loads costing roughly $32 for 50 rounds is "put a major crimp" in that. As Big Stick would say, "congratulations?"
Maybe not. The Kel-Tecs go for around $399 here, and my experience with the brand is such that I would rather pay more for the Ruger and ammo and skip buying any more Kel-Tecs.
That definitely answers it: you're NOT plugged into reality. At all. ("$399 around here" only means your buying experience is limited to whatever the local yokels happen to have.) Your LIMITED "experience" and "worldview" don't speak for anyone but you. And even that doesn't speak to much. These are two very different guns that appeal to two different types of buyers and uses. And in your case, three -- the clueless.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK, thanks for your insight.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the FDE PMR 30 is about $393 at Buds guns, the black is $354.00. I am not a keltec fan so it does not appeal to me much even at half the price. Keltec is a good innovator, always coming out with cool ideas, they execute them in a manner that seems to say "how inexpensively can I make this gun and have it function for x number of rounds". The "fluff and buff" crowd are kind of delusional, why should you have to fix something that came from the factory not 100% functional? ,

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jimmyp
the FDE PMR 30 is about $393 at Buds guns, the black is $354.00.
Your shopping "experience" appears to be QUITE LIMITED. CDNN has been seling them off and on for $330 plus shipping, which has been discounted heavily, often at $6. Multiple brick-and-mortar sellers on Gunbroker currently have them for well UNDER $400. So, congratulations?

I am not a keltec fan so it does not appeal to me much even at half the price. Keltec is a good innovator, always coming out with cool ideas, they execute them in a manner that seems to say "how inexpensively can I make this gun and have it function for x number of rounds". The "fluff and buff" crowd are kind of delusional, why should you have to fix something that came from the factory not 100% functional? ,
Whatever personal ignorant animus you possess, I still fail to see how this is a direct competitor.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
the FDE PMR 30 is about $393 at Buds guns, the black is $354.00.
Your shopping "experience" appears to be QUITE LIMITED. CDNN has been seling them off and on for $330 plus shipping, which has been discounted heavily, often at $6. Multiple brick-and-mortar sellers on Gunbroker currently have them for well UNDER $400. So, congratulations?

I am not a keltec fan so it does not appeal to me much even at half the price. Keltec is a good innovator, always coming out with cool ideas, they execute them in a manner that seems to say "how inexpensively can I make this gun and have it function for x number of rounds". The "fluff and buff" crowd are kind of delusional, why should you have to fix something that came from the factory not 100% functional? ,
Whatever personal ignorant animus you possess, I still fail to see how this is a direct competitor.

Your gruff bedside manner and emotinaked attachment to an inanimate object is perplexing

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
JWP treehorn is another one of our sock puppet friends. Attacks a guy like Cheyenne who has posted a ton of research here on this forum, blows up about some stupid price, proffers personal attacks, this always seems to boil down to some emotional stupidity where we used to discuss at least some ballistics, operational characteristics, experience on game etc, personal knowledge, etc,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JWP treehorn is another one of our sock puppet friends. Attacks a guy like Cheyenne who has posted a ton of research here on this forum, blows up about some stupid price, proffers personal attacks, this always seems to boil down to some emotional stupidity where we used to discuss at least some ballistics, operational characteristics, experience on game etc, personal knowledge, etc,
His "research" -- if that's what you're calling his nonsense -- is misguided at best. It's mostly just ignorant.

So why didn't the .22 TCM knock out the PMR-30? It meets your boy's pricing requirement and fires a high intensity round with large capacity and it's on a 1911 platform to boot. OH YEAH, BECAUSE IT'S NOT A COMPETITOR. CLUELESS, LINE TWO.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
thank you Jackie Treehorn for confirming your identity.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Bricktop will always be Bricktop, doesn't matter what avatar he hides behind. Just a little, narcissistic WIMP.
Even sends private messages and immediately deletes himself from them, cause he can't face a reply, or he'd be in his cry room for days.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by KenMi; 01/02/20.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Can't teach an old dog to stop licking their own butt.

Apparently in the fairyland in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma, this gomer has the fascination that everyone thinks about him.

The thought of him did cross my mind earlier when I was cleaning up dog poop, and he may have been in my head for a split second when there was a whiff from a fresh pile. But, that's as much credibility and thought that goes his way, no matter how many messages he sends, trying to convince himself otherwise.
Once a wart on the forum.....always a wart on the forum, no matter what avatar or name.

Last edited by KenMi; 01/02/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
That definitely answers it: you're NOT plugged into reality. At all. ("$399 around here" only means your buying experience is limited to whatever the local yokels happen to have.) Your LIMITED "experience" and "worldview" don't speak for anyone but you. And even that doesn't speak to much. These are two very different guns that appeal to two different types of buyers and uses. And in your case, three -- the clueless.

Who is this phuggin douche bag?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
Can't teach an old dog to stop licking their own butt.

Apparently in the fairyland in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma, this gomer has the fascination that everyone thinks about him.

The thought of him did cross my mind earlier when I was cleaning up dog poop, and he may have been in my head for a split second when there was a whiff from a fresh pile. But, that's as much credibility and thought that goes his way, no matter how many messages he sends, trying to convince himself otherwise.
Once a wart on the forum.....always a wart on the forum, no matter what avatar or name.

Bricktop? I used to think that dude was a little funny years ago. Guess i was wrong lol

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The 5.7 is a straight up PITA to reload for....

Plastic coating, a case that fire forms beyond chamber specs which needs frequent trims and tiny rims that rip off unannounced.

Yeah, it IS a fun cartridge, it just hasn't been THAT fun!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 52 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.