Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just can't imagine what the fug is going thru a human mind when it says "TRIGGER FINGER.....ACTIVATE!!!! Movement ahead!!! Possibly, maybe, at least .001% chance it's a deer and your drunk buddy might get it before you do!!! You know it's TRUE......SHOOT!!!! "

And the chances of serving time and making even a pitiful financial compensation are practically nil. Kinda like gun laws; let's pass some more. No. Enforce what you have. Do your fuggin job. Yeah, the azzhole is crying. Make him cry for years and years. Make him do ads on the Hunting Heros networks. Make him put flowers on the grave/s every week and publicize it in pictures.

Life is too precious. Seen too many that wanted to stay alive and couldn't. Some that wanted to but carried too much pain of one kind or another to bear it. And to have an uncaring fool take away that which is uniquely made by God go free is just too much. Rant over. Blood boiling.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Amen. Well said.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 1minute
Even if they were in full camouflage, the shooter/s should do time, and forgo hunting for life.

Yep, and for sure.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shooters should be making friends in prison soon

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is why I hunt where there's few or no people!

LOL
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This is why I hunt where there's few or no people!

Gave up public land long, long ago. Have never taken my children there because I did that deal year's and years before I got wise to the dangers of the southeastern hunting grounds. If I were forced to go back or not hunt I would; but probably archery and muzzleloader. Muzzy with plenty of orange. And I would be very selective about the areas I chose to hunt.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Amen. Well said.

Thanks jag for enduring my mania. Think if I was king and you was queen we could straighten this world out in a month or so. Course, I'd have to find another bedmate 😁

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could see an idiot shooting at a deer, missing and the bullets going through brush and hitting someone.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I just don't comprehend this.....I've been hunting for dam near 52 years and I have always known what I was shooting was an animal....YMMV

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tip my hat to the hunters for recognizing that they were people prior to field dressing them.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No excuse for this !

Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
This is beyond terrible.

Father, daughter killed in South Carolina hunting accident

http://www.startribune.com/father-daughter-killed-in-south-carolina-hunting-accident/566656771/

Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I honestly don't understand how that happens but the world is full of careless idiots. RIP.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I went deer hunting hundreds of times in central Georgia. We almost always hunted from tree stands.
One time, Gary and Tony and I did a drive. I stood on a dirt road. Tony and Gary entered the woods, about a quarter mile away. They were a hundred yards apart. They walked slowly towards me hoping to drive a deer out onto the dirt road where I could shoot it.

I didn't see any deer but Gary did shoot a doe. We were all wearing orange vests, of course, but still it was scary knowing there were guys walking through the woods. That was the only deer drive I ever did.

Dad and the poor little girl were almost certainly wearing orange. The guys who shot them need some serious jail time. Looks like they don't even have any good suspects yet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Speculation: rapid fire from a semi-auto? Hard to explain two fatalities otherwise.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Overpenetration?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shotguns with buckshot are very common during deer drives in the South. So are semi-auto riles like the Browning BAR. Not sure what was used in this case, but multiple victims are possible with multiple projectiles or multiple quick shots. It’s also very possible to have pass through hits from a single projectile. We prob won’t know unless there is more info released on this event. Either way, it is Terrible.

Last edited by Capt_Craig; 01/03/20.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Wow. Tragic and a good reminder to keep your head on a swivel and trust that no one is paying attention.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Sound shooters are out there folks. Some years back had a sound shooter let loose a round in my direction in Orford NH.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The father and the girl were with two other hunters, and the four of them were driving the deer.
So, the guy who shot them, knew that they were coming through the woods.

COLLETON COUNTY
DNR: Hunter fatally shot father, daughter after mistaking them for deer

By Ray Rivera and Harve Jacobs | January 1, 2020 at 7:30 PM EST - Updated January 3 at 11:41 AM
COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC) - Emergency officials say a father and his daughter were killed in a hunting accident when they were mistaken for deer in Colleton County on Wednesday.

The Colleton County Coroner’s Office said 30-year-old Kim Drawdy and 9-year-old Lauren Drawdy died. Both will have autopsies on Sunday at MUSC.

The accident happened in a wooded area on Barracada Road near Walterboro.

An SCDNR spokeswoman said the Drawdys and two other hunters were deer driving, moving deer near to the area where they were set up to hunt.

According to DNR officials, one of the hunters mistook the Drawdys for deer and shot and killed them. Investigators have not said why the victims were mistaken for deer.

Kim Drawdy’s brother, Benny, spoke on Thursday and said the family is having a difficult time.

“I was devastated," Benny Drawdy said. "I couldn’t believe it when I first got the news. I said,'It couldn’t be.' It broke my heart and I couldn’t believe it, a twin brother and now there’s only one left.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Accident, my ass. One, maybe, two, no way.

The shooter had to have been through Hunter Education, where they are taught the Four Rules, the fourth one is "Always be sure of your target and what's beyond". So, how can it possibly be an "accident" when he shoots TWO people?

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I tip my hat to the hunters for recognizing that they were people prior to field dressing them.

Mighty astute for the ilk...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,244
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.