-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone have a good source for falling block type rifles? I'd like to find a nice used 1885 Winchester replica or Sharps replica. One would think guys would get board or want to trade occasionally, but I have not found many sources. Any leads would be appreciated.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Gunbroker?

Can you be more specific about what you are looking for? BPCR or modern chambering?

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depending on what you mean by "replica", I have a nice Shiloh Sharps 1874 saddle rifle I might be talked out of..

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Trying to not get too hung up on a specific rifle or caliber, but something along the lines of the Winchester Traditional Hunter or a Shiloh Sharps would be awesome. I'm not sure just how deep into this pool I'm going to jump and would like to test the waters before dropping big bucks on a custom Shiloh. I like the traditional calibers but would like to stay somewhat reasonable - i.e. 45/70 would be about as big as I'd want to go 38/55 about perfect but open to other options. Don't think I want to go BP at this point so it would be good to have some smokeless options. Would be nice to keep the rifle around 9-10# so I could actually hunt deer with it. Doubtful I'd ever shoot organized matches, more for plinking and self entertainment.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Trying to not get too hung up on a specific rifle or caliber, but something along the lines of the Winchester Traditional Hunter or a Shiloh Sharps would be awesome. I'm not sure just how deep into this pool I'm going to jump and would like to test the waters before dropping big bucks on a custom Shiloh. I like the traditional calibers but would like to stay somewhat reasonable - i.e. 45/70 would be about as big as I'd want to go 38/55 about perfect but open to other options. Don't think I want to go BP at this point so it would be good to have some smokeless options. Would be nice to keep the rifle around 9-10# so I could actually hunt deer with it. Doubtful I'd ever shoot organized matches, more for plinking and self entertainment. Would really be nice to do some trading for one.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Centershot, Only custom on my saddle rifle was slight upgrade on wood and MVA Sights. 45-70 Took it on one Moose hunt to Alaska and that has been it. (Did take a moose with it.) I would be looking for $1750. A good bit of money for sure but not a lot for what you would be getting.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You'll not see a lot because they've always been a niche product, and not many are produced. Those who like them are likely to hang on to them too. If you check Gunbroker regularly, you'll find relatively common ones like Rugers and Browning/Winchesters, but the pool of those in traditional calibers is even smaller than for modern ones. The Yurrupeans make a bunch, but only the Pedersolis seem to have a really good reputation for strength and accuracy.

Very seldom will you find any at rock-bottom prices, so if you really want one, be prepared to pony up, or be very patient.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I bought a new High Wall action from Montana Rifle co. in Belgrade. Fitted a half round half octagon barrel chambered in 38'55 and couldn't be happier with it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just picked up the 97 pistol, now to get out and play with it. The single shot's in rifle or pistol are fun to play with. You could also go with a TC Encore and barrel choices are limitless.

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gunsinternational. Just browse their index. It beats gunbroker all to pieces for ease of use.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 16penny, 260Remguy, 49 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,689
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.