Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My wife works for a Dr and that Dr's wife handles the business of his practice. There seems to be issues quite frequently when it comes to pay, benefits, or reimbursement. I warned my wife when she took the job that I've never had good luck in the employment situations where the husband has the wife running the books. I'm not sure why but I've seen a lot of issues with those types of arrangements. I don't know if it's just communication problems or what. Usually in that situation the husband is either beta or just not organized enough to manage his own business. So, he's either telling his wife one thing and his employees another to keep some perception of peace or he's just unorganized and doesn't take others issues serious. Either way the best way is often to communicate with the wife directly or to get them both together at the same time.
+100
Basically the old "good cop/bad cop" act or a wife actively undermining the husband's decisions.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tax time is approaching rapidly. No employer wants the feds, or their counterparts on the state level poking around their book-keeping system.. You might mention that to whomever writes the paychecks.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would tell them for 2k now, let's call it good.
You let the situation ride without correcting it, so bear half of the fault.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My wife works for a Dr and that Dr's wife handles the business of his practice. There seems to be issues quite frequently when it comes to pay, benefits, or reimbursement. I warned my wife when she took the job that I've never had good luck in the employment situations where the husband has the wife running the books. I'm not sure why but I've seen a lot of issues with those types of arrangements. I don't know if it's just communication problems or what. Usually in that situation the husband is either beta or just not organized enough to manage his own business. So, he's either telling his wife one thing and his employees another to keep some perception of peace or he's just unorganized and doesn't take others issues serious. Either way the best way is often to communicate with the wife directly or to get them both together at the same time.
+100
Basically the old "good cop/bad cop" act or a wife actively undermining the husband's decisions.

Maybe she wants some “special” attention?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I sure figured Ringman would have weighed in by now on this.

I think he worked for months for a company without getting paid...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 86thecat
I would tell them for 2k now, let's call it good.
You let the situation ride without correcting it, so bear half of the fault.

This is a good idea.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Get them together, leave emotion out of it, declare your case, and see what happens. Get paid or walk depending on the outcome.
I prefer business agreements to be done in writing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 358wsm

I have received a substantial raise since that time period, but those back wages have still not been made right.

Wanna blow it ALL up?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I sure figured Ringman would have weighed in by now on this.

I think he worked for months for a company without getting paid...

Did they take his stapler? It was a Swingline.....

I am MAGA.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 64 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,434
Posts18,470,811
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.