-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give those raghead martyrs their "72 virgins"- - - - - -by the time they discover they're goats, donkeys, and pigs it will be too late to have a change of religion!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Dont think its pure conjecture for Lindsey Graham to say if they disrupt the outgoing oil supply from that region that their refineries might be targeted.

A population that cant buy gas gets kinda cranky.

When Iran's population was openly revolting Obama said "we can't interfere in another countries domestic affairs" and the the revolt was failed.

Cant see Trump being so hands off at this point.

Iran's governent has a tenuous hold on power right now, this could easily be the first move in destabilizing that government to the point of failure.

Tough position for Iran to be in.

Last edited by cv540; 01/03/20.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Keep in mind Iran has been fighting US for the past 30 years indirectly. ( killing US soldiers and other muslims ! )

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt the Iranians will do anything particularly bothersome.

Up until now, US retaliation has been either diplomatic, or shooting up a couple of camels with a cruse missile. Trump didn't do that. He attacked a person. Now, if you are in the business of pissing off the US, and all the US does in response is bluster or a few explosions in the desert, there's not much cost to creating mayhem to piss off the US. If, on the other hand, high ranking individuals get killed in response? Might think again about how you're going to "retaliate".

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I hope the so called Navy of Iran is taken out.

IC B2

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by ftbt

Full scale retaliation is suicidal .... I don’t think they will do anything that precipitates air strikes on Tehran or bombing of their nuclear facilities ..... or that gives the Israelis the opportunity to turn the country into molten glass.

If I had a crystal ball, I would guess maybe some sort of small scale attacks on oil facilities / infrastructure (Saudi?), and / or using its proxies to engage in retaliatory assassination attempts, kidnappings, bombings of U.S. government facilities, and attacks on shipping and other privately-owned U.S. entities.

Your thoughts?

What we just witnessed was their retaliation. If it wasn't, then why was an Iran General in Iraq leading an attack on the American Embassy?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The point of the assassination was to be a provocation for retaliation to be used as a pretext for war against Iran. This has all been in the works since before 9/11. They only needed a catalyst on the level of Pearl Harbor, which they got with the taking down of the Twin Towers and the Pentagon attack. That Iran is to be taken down is already determined. Has been for twenty years of more. Our masters require it of us.

This is once again, pure tripe. I am willing to put up money betting we will not go to war with Iran (of course, we need to frame what the definition of "war" is). There is no way, now way, we are going to invade Iran and Iran doesn't have the muscle to invade Iraq, much less the US. This Salami guy has a LOT of American blood on his hands, was 15 minutes away from the embassy, planning a follow on to the tactical probe done the other day. We lost a drone, they captured our patrol boats and humiliated us, sponsored terrorism all over the place against us, and limp wristed people like RP want us to do nothing? GMAFB. At most, they'll do what they can, attacks here and there and we, like Regan did in 86 (I was there and it WAS fun!), take out a third of their Navy, hit their offshore refineries, etc, But a full blown war a-la-Iraq will NEVER HAPPEN. I'm willing to put up some cash. Are you or any other kookista? PM me.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
So .. there are a couple of angles. Whether Iran, officially as a nation, retaliates is one. Whether some terrorist group, funded by Iran or not, retaliates is separate. I would be a bit surprised if the nation of Iran attempts retaliation because they are a fixed target, immobile, easy to hit. I would expect them to behave more rationally. A terrorist group imbedded within some population somewhere else retaliating / striking a blow to get even, in their perception, seems a lot more likely. I would be cautious traveling abroad or doing business abroad, but then, that is already true.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, f ucking with President Donald Trump guarantees they'll win stupid prizes. Trump has the cahones to deal with those murderous raghead bastids.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
The point of the assassination was to be a provocation for retaliation to be used as a pretext for war against Iran. This has all been in the works since before 9/11. They only needed a catalyst on the level of Pearl Harbor, which they got with the taking down of the Twin Towers and the Pentagon attack. That Iran is to be taken down is already determined. Has been for twenty years of more. Our masters require it of us.

Aw jeez Hawk.......

Remind me, who are our masters?

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That scumbag was involved in the Iran hostage situation 30 years ago, wasn't he? If gutless, nutless Jimmy Carter had grown a set of balls and taken him and his buddies out back then, the entire history of the middle east would have been different, at least for a while. These azzole camel jockeys have been fighting over that pile of sand for 3,000 years.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
I doubt the Iranians will do anything particularly bothersome.

Up until now, US retaliation has been either diplomatic, or shooting up a couple of camels with a cruse missile. Trump didn't do that. He attacked a person. Now, if you are in the business of pissing off the US, and all the US does in response is bluster or a few explosions in the desert, there's not much cost to creating mayhem to piss off the US. If, on the other hand, high ranking individuals get killed in response? Might think again about how you're going to "retaliate".

I tend to agree with this. It's really hard to predict their behavior, but they have to be smart enough to know if they do something & significant, that DJT will hurt them pretty bad, maybe more individual targeting.

They really only understand serious object lessons & DJT just gave them a big one, next one would likely be similar.

Actually, if it was up to me, I find the next guy in line to replace Solemani, & take him out right now as well, just to reinforce the object lesson.

They will never just calm down & be a reasonable country to deal with.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Cyber attacks can be expected soon, if not already occurring.

You are correct, on them. We will disable their oil industry and never bust a cap!

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Actually, if it was up to me, I find the next guy in line to replace Solemani, & take him out right now as well, just to reinforce the object lesson.

Actually not a bad idea.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dutch

Up until now, US retaliation has been either diplomatic, or shooting up a couple of camels with a cruse missile.

Or sending them pallets of cash, that really showed 'em.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I believe Q just said,

"The pellet with the poison is in the flagon with the dragon!"

Man that’s deep!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The demised Muzzie shows up to collect his reward. But he gets b___ slapped by George Washington, then by Patrick Henry, George Mason, Thomas Jefferson, followed by a long line of fellow countrymen.

What’s this he asked in shock, where are my virgins? Virginians, you dummy, not virgins.

An old one, just needed repeating.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What evidence do you have to support these wild claims?

Why didn’t we take advantage of their attacks on Saudi oil refineries or on tankers? Or even the numerous IEDs supplied by Iran?

[Linked Image from ]
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Actually not a bad idea.

Doubt that’s the first time that idea has been floated around.

DF

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 60 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,549
Posts18,472,957
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.