Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The most disturbing aspect of the situation is that America could be pulled into a much larger escalation by any action that could be blamed on Iranian retaliation,...regardless of who is truly responsible for it.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The most disturbing aspect of the situation is that America could be pulled into a much larger escalation by any action that could be blamed on Iranian retaliation,...regardless of who is truly responsible for it.

Take off the gloves and fix the problem now, or should the US allow them to continue sponsoring terror attacks for another 50 years?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by huntstat
Trump might turn out the lights in Tehran in such a fashion that they will never come back on......if they continue to misbehave.

Non nuclear EMP ?

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 86thecat

Take off the gloves and fix the problem now,

Sounds simple.

How to do it?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The unfortunate reality of turning 'Iran into glass' is that there are many, many Iranians that hate the current regime there, these same people have been protesting their totalitarian gov't for months.
Many of us aren't for military action to promote regime change, but hopefuly these people can rise up and facilitate that for themselves.

Many there crave capitalism and a free Iran, And many are fans of the U.S. and Canada.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Dutch
I doubt the Iranians will do anything particularly bothersome.

Up until now, US retaliation has been either diplomatic, or shooting up a couple of camels with a cruse missile. Trump didn't do that. He attacked a person. Now, if you are in the business of pissing off the US, and all the US does in response is bluster or a few explosions in the desert, there's not much cost to creating mayhem to piss off the US. If, on the other hand, high ranking individuals get killed in response? Might think again about how you're going to "retaliate".

I tend to agree with this. It's really hard to predict their behavior, but they have to be smart enough to know if they do something & significant, that DJT will hurt them pretty bad, maybe more individual targeting.

They really only understand serious object lessons & DJT just gave them a big one, next one would likely be similar.

Actually, if it was up to me, I find the next guy in line to replace Solemani, & take him out right now as well, just to reinforce the object lesson.

They will never just calm down & be a reasonable country to deal with.

MM

This ^^^^^
“Why does she have two black eyes?”
“Because I told her twice.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Any man who'd bet anything on what comes next is a fool.

Iran hit the Saudi oil facilities from long distance. Iran targeted very specific locations within those facilities. The last I heard they hit everything they targeted with startling accuracy. Not a single missile launched was stopped without hitting it's target. That makes it a pretty safe bet for them that they can hit whatever target they might choose and probably do a good job of it when they deliver a missile. That they are taking the time to think this through is not reassuring. Allah welcomes martyrs and they do not seem to be short of volunteers. We on the other hand have constraints on what we will not likely do unless under existential duress. Even were they to retaliate with a nuclear weapon, it is not a guarantee that we would return the favor. Nor if Trump ordered a nuclear response is there a guarantee that it would be fully implemented or at all short of an existential threat.

What Iran has in it's pocket from Pakistan and North Korea is unknown. What we do know is that Saudi strike taught us we had underestimated them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I think if we had wanted to topple the Iranian regime we could have awhile ago, we just lacked a president with the will to do so, and Iran was useful in fighting Isis.

However Iraq, Egypt, Libya showed that sometimes it's better to have a functioning but unfriendly government in place, than a chaotic vacuum for extremists to fill.

Now that Isis is pretty much decimated the current Iranian government is less of a neccesity.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35
I hope the so called Navy of Iran is taken out.

I'd be interested to see what would happen if Trump tweeted something like " I have no desire to shed Iranian blood so I'm letting the members of the Iranian navy know they have 30 minutes to abandon ship.... move at least 1/2 mile away from any vessels and use hearing protection....." Drone footage of the results might be interesting too....

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by persiandog
we have to face this threat to humanity . their entire cult is based on martyrdom.

That was created by America. They tried to take control of their own oil reserves and the CIA stepped in on behalf of the Western oil companies (Operation Ajax) to overthrow the prime minister, this normal-looking guy:

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

As per usual things didn't go according to plan, turns out the Iranian people didn't like having an authoritarian puppet dictator installed by foreign nations, this brewed extremism, and now you have created a dangerous theocracy and instead of a prime minister you have a "Supreme Ayatollah":

Stupid games played, stupid prize won. Here's your prize:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
And I don't think the same people are big fans of the Ayatollahs either. It is less important how we got here and more important what we do now.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

want to wager?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Either destroy them or git the F out.

Same chit Ive been saying for the last 16 years.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The point of the assassination was to be a provocation for retaliation to be used as a pretext for war against Iran. This has all been in the works since before 9/11. They only needed a catalyst on the level of Pearl Harbor, which they got with the taking down of the Twin Towers and the Pentagon attack. That Iran is to be taken down is already determined. Has been for twenty years of more. Our masters require it of us.

What evidence do you have to support these wild claims?

Look up "Clean Break: A Project For the New American Century." It's all in there.

Also this:

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Think Trump did good. I bet fat Kimmy is looking over his shoulder now.

living the good life every day
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Article is spot on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If the Iranians do something to really provoke a serious conflict, which I don't think they will, Trump is going to flatten them..............he's not going to fool around with them, the gloves will come off immediately & Iran will suffer badly for it & be set back several generations which is pretty much what should happen anyway.

If the people there want democracy, then enough of them could overthrow the government; that it has not happened as it did with the Shah tells me that not enough people want it, so pizz on them too.

MM

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The ragheads will jump up and down, scream, bluster and threaten. Trump will say "Go ahead- - - - -Make my day!" Then it will be interesting to see if they take the bait or slink away and lick their wounds before they get froggy again.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think they'll do something in Europe and blame us for starting the whole thing. If not for murderous America there would be no loss of innocent life in France/Germany/Belgium/Holland.......

That would be the smart play.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (257Bob, 257 roberts, 25classic, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 160user, 67 invisible), 4,253 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,584
Posts18,532,300
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.