Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by broomd
The unfortunate reality of turning 'Iran into glass' is that there are many, many Iranians that hate the current regime there, these same people have been protesting their totalitarian gov't for months.
Many of us aren't for military action to promote regime change, but hopefuly these people can rise up and facilitate that for themselves.

Many there crave capitalism and a free Iran, And many are fans of the U.S. and Canada.

Destroy their economy, in retaliation for state sponsored terrorism, and the people will remove the existing regime.
As long as people have food they tend to remain neutral, stop all cash flow until food supply dries up then watch the revolt.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Having played in the sandbox before, Im with Jorge on this one.....there will be no war with Iran. By war I mean no ground troop invasion, or occupation. I also believe the boss Ragheads in Iran are rattled, this strike hit awfully close to home for them and they are smart enough to know that if they push it, they very likely will be next. They also are aware that if their oil output and thus thier economy is hit, they are one good revolution...maybe this time backed by US and Israeli spooks or SOFs, from a regime change.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Remsen
I have a friend who lives in Tehran and he doesn't think there will be much of a response. He's not a regime supporter, nor is he an observant Muslim, but he's one of the brightest people I know and he is about as familiar with the way the mullahs think as anyone I know. He thinks this really rattled the mullahs and they now realize that they, rather than the idiots that they send out to be martyrs, will be the ones who are targeted in the future if Iran continues to cause trouble. There will be a response, of course, but it likely won't be war or anything that would give President Trump reason to flatten all of Iran.

This. Trump drew a big red line in the sand and showed the world what happens when you step over it. Iran will go back to their ways of trying to cause problems in ways that they can deny in public. They aren't capable of much else with anyone who will actually hold them accountable. This was long overdue.

Last edited by jdunham; 01/03/20.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Having played in the sandbox before, Im with Jorge on this one.....there will be no war with Iran. By war I mean no ground troop invasion, or occupation. I also believe the boss Ragheads in Iran are rattled, this strike hit awfully close to home for them and they are smart enough to know that if they push it, they very likely will be next. They also are aware that if their oil output and thus thier economy is hit, they are one good revolution...maybe this time backed by US and Israeli spooks or SOFs, from a regime change.

An informed opinion is always respected from this poster. Thanks. You make a lot of sense, as does Jorge...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The point of the assassination was to be a provocation for retaliation to be used as a pretext for war against Iran. This has all been in the works since before 9/11. They only needed a catalyst on the level of Pearl Harbor, which they got with the taking down of the Twin Towers and the Pentagon attack. That Iran is to be taken down is already determined. Has been for twenty years of more. Our masters require it of us.

Tinfoil hat much?

Tarquin
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
all that needs to be done is take out their three main refinery's

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Screw the refineries- - - - -take out the tanker loading facilities and pipelines they use to ship their oil. Nobody cares how much oil they produce if they can't sell it to anybody. Maybe they can figure out a way to drink it! Then sink their bass boat navy so they can't blocade the strait of Hormuz.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
In any event,..an escalation in the Middle East has occurred which will have no upside for Americans.

,....a pattern which has gotten very familiar.

Of course there's an upside. Soleimani is deader than hell on Sunday morning. That's one helluva upside, considering how many American deaths he has been responsible for.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The most disturbing aspect of the situation is that America could be pulled into a much larger escalation by any action that could be blamed on Iranian retaliation,...regardless of who is truly responsible for it.

War has been coming with Iran since the original hostage crisis.

We're not going to cower because the Iranians might do something. The only thing those ragheads understand is force. Violent, overwhelming, inescapable force. If they retaliate, we retaliate exponentially harder.

When they think they are gonna die next, they'll stop. And if they don't, then they WILL die next.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KEVIN_JAY
We have been hanging on to Israel's shirt tail for years when it comes to Iran. I'm thinking it's time we let go and let them go for it.

I agree, fully support their mission but let them have at it.

Last edited by Armednfree; 01/03/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
A ground invasion of Iran would be the schits.

Its been planned, mapped and tested.

Rotten.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Screw the refineries- - - - -take out the tanker loading facilities and pipelines they use to ship their oil. Nobody cares how much oil they produce if they can't sell it to anybody. Maybe they can figure out a way to drink it! Then sink their bass boat navy so they can't blocade the strait of Hormuz.
Jerry

This.

China buys the largest percentage of Iran's oil.
China is desperate to have US tariffs reduced and may not over react during trade negotiations if Iran's oil becomes unavailable.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The point of the assassination was to be a provocation for retaliation to be used as a pretext for war against Iran.

I wish people would stop referring to this as an assassination. He was a military officer in a combat zone actively engaged in operations against American forces. He was most certainly a legitimate military target.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I think my biggest concern is that after Edward Gallagher being pardoned, the perception is there that we do not bind ourselves to playing by the rules laid out by the Geneva Conventions. It is one thing to have terrorists slaughtering captured prisoners, but I could see Iran also killing any of our brave men (or women) in uniform as a form of psychological warfare (not all, but some). I mean, the perception is that we've already pardoned one person who killed civilians and killed a captured POW, so doing the same to us is fair.

As far as the response. I don't know what Iran's response will be, but I suspect that we will have a ground war in Iran within 6 months.

"To give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
The point of the assassination was to be a provocation for retaliation to be used as a pretext for war against Iran.

I wish people would stop referring to this as an assassination.
He was a military officer in a combat zone actively engaged in operations against American forces. He was most certainly a legitimate military target.

It's dhim speak. It's what's for dinner... Every night.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by notsobighunter
I think my biggest concern is that after Edward Gallagher being pardoned, the perception is there that we do not bind ourselves to playing by the rules laid out by the Geneva Conventions. It is one thing to have terrorists slaughtering captured prisoners, but I could see Iran also killing any of our brave men (or women) in uniform as a form of psychological warfare (not all, but some). I mean, the perception is that we've already pardoned one person who killed civilians and killed a captured POW, so doing the same to us is fair.

As far as the response. I don't know what Iran's response will be, but I suspect that we will have a ground war in Iran within 6 months.

You're so wrong, it's not even funny.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,839 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,579
Posts18,532,191
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.