Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
No doubt this is a VERY divisive issue. Most urban churches will take the liberal stance, most rural churches will stay conservative. Nothing new here. A bigger problem is the fact that younger folks are not taking their kids to church at all. This is a much bigger issue IMHO.

Why would you want to?

The jackasses that are screwing you on main street are the same sickly sweet bastards shaking your hand and passing the plate at church.

Grandpa used to say that you should be wary of the folks up front at church......look out for the loudest singers and the guys who stand up first and fastest.

Church aint the problem....the people in the church are. JMHO.

Spot on. Remember what Ghandi said "I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Jag, you are close.

Organized religion is a construct of humans. Evil, as in greed, lust, and envy resides in the heart of every person.

You are close, IS. There is Evil, a real thing that attacks human beings, but not in wolves or lions or sharks or bears.
That evil roams the earth to and fro seeking to destroy. Destroy what, you might ask? Why, me and you.

Are you going to let it get you? Without the sunset, there is no sunrise. Without the night, there is no day.

Choose the night or choose the Light. There is a reason Muhammed chose the moon, rather than the Son.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/04/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I’m 62 and have been a Methodist all my life. We are not the first church to have been attacked by the homosexual agenda. They went after the Presbyterian church years ago and succeeded in getting that church to split, as has been proposed with my church. Look at what it did to the Presbyterian’s.....it’s about destroyed that faith. Presbyterian churches have been closing everywhere. My wife was a Presbyterian before she married me. Her family lives in Atlanta. With that city being the LBGT (and whatever else) Mecca you’d figure the Presbyterian churches might thrive there. Nope. Her family attends the largest Pres church in Atl....going to services there now, it’s like attending church in a ghost town. The second largest Pres church in Atl closed their doors a few years ago. They closed the Presbyterian church in the South GA town we live in now.....their agenda did nothing but destroy the Presbyterian church as a whole. - - -
Your point about assiduous undermining is well taken - but not so much with the "church as a whole". Way back in the 80s our very large and somewhat prominent Presbyterian church in Bethesda, MD began addressing its serious differences with the PCUSA and eventually decided to split from that body - despite some serious threatening gestures by the leaders of the overseeing organization. In 2020 that church stands, on its own, tall and even more successful.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ditto on what it did to the Pres Ch
I'm a methodist and it has been building for years with the "liberal/progressive" anything goes branch of the church. Very sad.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
No doubt this is a VERY divisive issue. Most urban churches will take the liberal stance, most rural churches will stay conservative. Nothing new here. A bigger problem is the fact that younger folks are not taking their kids to church at all. This is a much bigger issue IMHO.

Why would you want to?

The jackasses that are screwing you on main street are the same sickly sweet bastards shaking your hand and passing the plate at church.

Grandpa used to say that you should be wary of the folks up front at church......look out for the loudest singers and the guys who stand up first and fastest.

Church aint the problem....the people in the church are. JMHO.

Come take a look at the fantastic young people in our youth group, and tell me again that the church is not good for them. Our society is trending toward filth, and church ain’t good for young people????? crazy Church must be different in your neck of the woods.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So this has nothing to do with Remington ammunition? Just want to make sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was bought up in a United Methodist Church before being the only kid there and I left to attend my grand parents Southern Baptist Church. My mom is still active in the UMC and many on my dad's side of the family that I knew were all Methodist to the grave. This split has been coming for years. The smaller Methodist Churches like my mom's is very conservative and do not like the liberal/progressive agenda. My cousin's husband was a UMC preacher and left the church due to them wanting to allow LGTB members be leaders of the church. It's pretty sad that the African UMC's are the ones wanting to stick with the original teachings of the church.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I was raised Methodist, but quit going probably 40 years ago due to the absence of God in that Church. If the split, I'll probably start back, with the Traditionalist side, of course. Will have to check to see if the break away folks still support infanticide like the denomination does now.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus died for all of us sinners. We can be saved by simply believing. However, Jesus does demand repentance for our sins. Homosexuality is clearly a sin and it demands repentance. A queer couple that continues in sin isn't repenting. Jesus said this about them:

Mat 7:21 ¶ "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Yes, they need to be in church but it's the church's obligation to let them know that they're in sin and must repent. Jesus and his church are here to heal the sick. That's our purpose.
Queer leadership? How can a church allow non-believers to be leading them? If they believed, they would repent and clearly they haven't. They need to go.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I strongly believe that before it's over, the true church will be underground. There will be a legal, visible church in this country but it will be evil, controlled by Satan.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by RufusG
So this has nothing to do with Remington ammunition? Just want to make sure.

WHew!!! Thought I was only one concerned about Union Metallic Cartridge.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's a question that all churches will have to make in near future - do you follow the Lord or don't you? The truth isn't open for a committee.

Well said

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Anybody else here ever read Christianity & Liberalism by J. Gresham Machen?

He called it almost 100 yrs ago.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Now, the truth is, not ALL live their lives acting on the fleshly weaknesses of the vices you describe above.

No, most exhibit self control to one degree or another. Some more. Some less.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Isn't using the words "United" and "Methodist" in the same phrase sort of an oxymoron?
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Presbyterian Church went all anti-gun too, didn't it? Dunno about the Methodists. Agree with RockChuck in that queers need to be in Church and hear the Word of God but they don't need to be advancing their agenda by being in leadership roles or anything else. There are anti-Christian leaders springing up in the hinterlands now, all over. Conservatives are keeping their mouths shut for fear of being completely ostracized while the enemy is running over them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have been a member of the local Southern Baptist church since 1958. My wife was a Methodist, and we've mostly attended the Methodist church for a good many years. A few years back when the homosexual issue first began to surface in the UMC, we starting thinking about going elsewhere. The UMC we attended was small and rural, and very much against the liberal moves to allow queer preachers.

For about the last 9 months, we've gone back to the Baptist church, and haven't looked back. I wish the UMC well, and think the split will be welcomed by a number of the rural churches, just about all whom are against any move to accept queers as preachers.

I don't know why this is even an issue in the first place............God tells us that homosexuality is an abomination.......period. That's so simple that even a fool should know what it means...........not acceptable in His eyes, and someone who will not gain the reward of everlasting life......and a governing church body actually wants to let people like that preach the Word.

The problem is.........if they teach the Word, they will be false prophets. It is nothing but a move by the UMC to try and rake in more money, so they can spend it and feel good about themselves.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Presbyterian Church went all anti-gun too, didn't it? Dunno about the Methodists. Agree with RockChuck in that queers need to be in Church and hear the Word of God but they don't need to be advancing their agenda by being in leadership roles or anything else. There are anti-Christian leaders springing up in the hinterlands now, all over. Conservatives are keeping their mouths shut for fear of being completely ostracized while the enemy is running over them.

EE, it depends on which Presbyterian denomination you are talking about, there are several. They range from very conservative to very liberal, the largest has been splitting up over LGBT for several years.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

EE, it depends on which Presbyterian denomination you are talking about, there are several. They range from very conservative to very liberal, the largest has been splitting up over LGBT for several years.
Thanks for the clarification. That's what I understood from reading an article or editorial by the late Jerry Ahern, who was a member, years ago...probably in the 1990's. I'm a member of the Christian Church myself, though my beliefs align more closely with Southern Baptists than anything. Our Church doesn't have a governing body other than the Board of the local Church itself. I've never even heard anything about guns or gays at a board meeting.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I strongly believe that before it's over, the true church will be underground. There will be a legal, visible church in this country but it will be evil, controlled by Satan.

"True Church"?

30,000, soon to be 30,001 denominations.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,697
Posts18,494,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.