-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's what I've gleaned over several months; my son is stationed in VA.

Prior to last election, VA legislature was split with R's having one house, D's having other house.

Legislation to ban certain weapons & magazines, w/o grandfathering in existing guns owned was introduced by D's but went nowhere as R's would not allow it to be brought up.

Election in Nov. gave both houses of legislature to D's so now they have both houses & guv.

The dead legislation was immediately re-introduced with support of guv & lots of talk ensued about how it would be enforced, etc, implying confiscation of non-grandfathered, now to be banned weapons

That created all the recent stir.

Last week, I read that the introduced legislation had been modified but no specific details.

That brings us to today................nothing has been passed nor enacted as legislature has not been back in session yet, lots of promises & implied threats, some subtle, some not so subtle.

The non-grandfathering clause & the promise to enforce it is the onerous issue, along with the banning of certain weapons going forward.

MM

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Grandfathering clause is designed to gain acceptance by gun owners, but is really a betrayal of future generations. It should be fought every bit as hard as one lacking a grandfather clause.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Grandfathering clause is designed to gain acceptance by gun owners, but is really a betrayal of future generations. It should be fought every bit as hard as one lacking a grandfather clause.
Amen.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If the VA government can legislate and enforce a new law which goes against the Bill of Rights (breaking the 2A) does the Constitution still exist?
NY, MA, PA, MD, NC, KY are watching what happens as they have nearly the same legislation in the works.

It really is a question of choosing the light or the darkness, and which side you choose.

Article [II] (Amendment 2 - Bearing Arms)
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Article [III] (Amendment 3 - Quartering Soldiers)
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Article [IV] (Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure)
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Article [V] (Amendment 5 - Rights of Persons)
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

[color:#000000][/color]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, That's what I said.............read the last part of the last sentence.

But the lack of GF'ing of currently owned AR's is what is driving the potential confiscation issue & makes this situation more unique & a highly visible, direct & in-your-face 2A violation.

It is the straw that will break the camel's back there if that type of legislation is passed & attempted to be enforced in VA.

MM

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It's getting interesting here for sure. Local gunshop sales have exploded in the last month, anything AR related is selling like crazy. Concerning politics, lots of folks that weren't really gun oriented are paying attention now with the democrat talk of confiscation and National Guard. A good thing happening is the unity in the community against this threat. Even if we don't agree on the best way to deal with it we do agree that we've got a fight on our hands that represents alot more than than just a threat to us Virginians.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm also confused on the honorable governor and his statements.

Did he actually threaten to have resistors killed?

Or was that part of the propaganda?

I swear, search engines are worthless in anything political these days. mad

Search engines like Google, up till the Trump victory, were one of the most amazing achievements of mankind. They were designed to operate according to natural and logical algorithms which favored most searched, most thumbed up, most linked, and most read items. Then the owners/operators of these search engines determined that they would do what they had to to prevent another Trump victory, and started manipulating the algorithms to promote material favoring leftist and globohomo views and demoting materials disfavoring leftist and globohomo views. This basically made these search engines useless as research tools, and deprived man of one of his greatest achievements, reminiscent of the burning of the Library of Alexandria.

Yes,

Use DuckDuckgo.

It's results are much more objective.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Amen.

!

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Please bear with me here.

I don't think I'm the only one confused.

I've tried for awhile now to get some facts about this 2nd Amendment fight, and keep coming up short. You cannot do any sort of internet search and come up with anything other than propaganda.

While I get that the sorry assed governor would send armed personnel to disarm American citizens, has any legislation passed yet?

Could someone please post a source that breaks down the facts and doesn't have propaganda?

Virginia may get much more help with this issue if everyone weren't so confused about it.

Thanks!

Barry
Wish I had some more objective links to post. The facts as I understand them are...Virginia has both of its state houses full of Dems with them holding majorities. The newly elected Governor is a Dem. None of this stuff has passed...yet. With those conditions existing, it is probable that the anti-gun measures predicted, will get passed early in the next session, which hasn't started yet. So while possible that these things aren't passed into law, it is probable that they will be. Beyond that, there has been a lot of rhetoric by the Governor-elect and some others in positions of authority in the state government, about how they will enforce the currently non-existent laws.

I wonder whether all democrat legislators in VA will vote for these bills. There's got to be at least a few who won't because it would hurt their chances for re-election. I haven't heard that angle discussed anywhere.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I mentioned one name, state senator Creigh Deeds. His district includes very rural Highland and Bath counties, mostly rural Allegheny and Rockbridge counties, but extends to include the people's republic of Charlottesville. He's from Bath County and will have a choice to make...

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Glad to hear that. I love that part of the state.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
Please bear with me here.

I don't think I'm the only one confused.

I've tried for awhile now to get some facts about this 2nd Amendment fight, and keep coming up short. You cannot do any sort of internet search and come up with anything other than propaganda.

While I get that the sorry assed governor would send armed personnel to disarm American citizens, has any legislation passed yet?

Could someone please post a source that breaks down the facts and doesn't have propaganda?

Virginia may get much more help with this issue if everyone weren't so confused about it.

Thanks!

Barry
Wish I had some more objective links to post. The facts as I understand them are...Virginia has both of its state houses full of Dems with them holding majorities. The newly elected Governor is a Dem. None of this stuff has passed...yet. With those conditions existing, it is probable that the anti-gun measures predicted, will get passed early in the next session, which hasn't started yet. So while possible that these things aren't passed into law, it is probable that they will be. Beyond that, there has been a lot of rhetoric by the Governor-elect and some others in positions of authority in the state government, about how they will enforce the currently non-existent laws.

I wonder whether all democrat legislators in VA will vote for these bills. There's got to be at least a few who won't because it would hurt their chances for re-election. I haven't heard that angle discussed anywhere.
It has been discussed. I don't know how much re-election means to some of them. A tremendous amount of money is being spent, so they could be simply bought off. A US Senator or Congressman doesn't even really have to be bought off anymore to not represent their constituents or worry about re-election. Hell, they can retire after a two-year term in Congress and get something like $143,000 per year plus perks for life. Plus the fact that they'll probably have some sweet job lobbying or being a corporate head. Most are lawyers anyway.

But I have no idea how lucrative it is in the Virginia State legislature. Maybe they actually need to represent their people...or not. Again, lots of anti-gun money from who-knows-where.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 01/05/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
This is a good time to sell my last two hunting rifles before they get taken.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 163bc

Rational article, but he forgets that neither Northam or the Demons in the VA legislature are rational in any sense. I doubt they we back down as they feel that they have a mandate.

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bamagun01
I watched a video describing in detail what is at stake last night. (Can’t figure out how to copy and paste it). If the legislation goes through the wording is so grey that it would allow government to confiscate any weapon, parts or “intent” from anyone and require law enforcement to carry out their duty or loose their job and benefits.
Pretty scary if it did pass. Pretty much abolishing the 2nd amendment.
I think I saw the same video... Those laws would be tossed out at the SCOTUS within about 15 seconds..... It seems the Dems are determined to begin an intrastate civil war......and they might succeed beyond their wildest nightmares...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
This is a good time to sell my last two hunting rifles before they get taken.

Roger dat.
Use the proceeds for more ammo.

Still bothers me the NRA has not offered aid or legal counsel.
Has the GOA been silent also?

Last edited by DW12; 01/06/20. Reason: questions
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The Virginia Dem’s already have $7.5 million of taxpayer money set aside for enforcing and prosecuting.

I heard a black man on the radio the other day talking about this. He said that he heard they are threatening to bring in the VA National Guard. He said as a black guy the thought of white soldiers coming into his home to take his guns sounds like slavery all over again. I guess he’s gonna vote for Trump next election.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've come to THIS conclusion...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (160user, 007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,628
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.