Campfire Ranger
H
And a braunschweiger sandwich..

GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Of the two choices, definitely potted meat. Actually prefer sardines in mustard sauce.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What are Vienna Sausages really made of?

Ingredient List: Mechanically separated chicken, pork, water, salt, corn syrup, hydrolyzed soy and potato protein, dextrose, hydrolyzed casein and whey protein, flavoring, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrate.

Production Process: The primary raw ingredients in Vienna Sausage are pork, beef and chicken. The ingredients are pre-ground into large chunks, and then all the meats are blended together and analyzed for fat content. Once the proper fat content has been established, the spices and the water are added and mixed thoroughly. This mixture is then emulsified to a pancake-type batter and stuffed into a casing. The casing serves as a mold to shape the wiener while it is being cooked. In the smokehouse, the outside edge of the wiener has a pliable skin formed by the cooking.

Once the product is chilled, the casing is removed and conveyed to the Vienna Sausage packing machine. Seven strands of wieners 10 meters long are placed in the cup of the Marten Vienna packer. The seven strands represent twelve cans of Vienna Sausage. The strands are cut into proper lengths and then stuffed into the can. Each can is inspected for quality before the broth is added and the lid applied. Once the chilled can leaves the closing machine (it is checked immediately!) for vacuum, returned to a shelf- stable state, checked again for vacuum, labeled, and packed into a carton.

So Vieney Weeneys is made from pork, beef, n chicken. Ate a many of them on teen aged fishin and huntin days. Crackers and a bottle of hot sauce, some iced tea in a thermos and you had lunch. But I finally figgered out bull balls is beef, pig pu__y is pork, and 3 toed feet is chicken. Hadn't et them for decades till I come across some hid out in a marijuana grow camp on some land a club I was in had. Bare bones camp. Camoed, hammocks woven from muscadine vines, propane tank and mimimal otherwise. Pretty sure I scared them off when I came into the area everybody else hand been ignoring because it was difficult to access. Found Mexican news papers, pamplets and other such that ID'd the workers along with some supplies that included Vienney Weenys. Had wire run criss crossed on the grow patches about 8" off the ground suppose to slow down pursuers. Had been abandoned before the crop could be well developed. Remember walking back to the truck when I got back out to a trail. Eating Vienney Weenys outta the can. Laughing about the mezzicans hauling azz and whoever put them up to it loosing their grubstake. Pretty sure I know whodunnit. Couldh't happen to a better candidate. Just wish he'd lost more. Good Weeny memories.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Potted meat. Deviled ham. Deviled SPAM. Can't stand Vienna sausage and I seriously doubt the folks in Vienna do either.

Originally Posted by auk1124
Lips and ass holes

Beaks and butts.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Traditional lunch when my father and I were spring 'rat trapping was sardines, jerky, cheese, crackers, liver sausage, and all sorts of good stuff... but a quart of my mother's canned peaches was always the finisher.

We averaged well over 100 rats a day for a couple weeks and life was good.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by Salty303
Its hungry work running cyclists off the road always have a handful of cans of mystery meat in the glove box so you can keep going all day

God Bless you...

Hahahahaha!

Good men.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm quite fond of potted meat.

Popeye's used to have a little packet of seasoning you could ask for to go on the chicken called "Cajun Sparkle." I'd take a can of potted meat and mix in a packet of Cajun Sparkle and have that on saltines.

Nowadays, I do somewhat the same thing with braunschweiger and Tony Chachere's Seasoning-- had that for lunch yesterday.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Canned whole chicken.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Neither one!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was only sort of kidding about chicken in a can, when those little cans aren't enough. Dad might pick one up for dinner when we went fishing, can cook it different ways or eat out of the can if the fish were biting and you didn't want to waste time. Imagine unseasoned steamed or pressure cooked chicken. That's what it is.

Used to be available in grocery stores at a reasonable price. Being near terminally bored I Googled it. Amazon seems to be treating it as novelty geek food and is asking $50 for a 50 oz chicken!

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Cousin of mine came home on night about half lit, and was hungry. Opened up the fridge, saw an opened can of potted meat, and ate it. Was at the breakfast table the next morning, and his sister came in, opened up the fridge, looked around and said "what happened to the can of cat food I put in here." He said he lost his breakfast right there, and also said that the cat food tasted just like potted meat did......and that he never ate either one again.

I never cared for Vienna's, and have only eaten a few. I liked potted meat only a little better, but never really ate much of it either. Wife used to put potted meat on pimento cheese sandwiches, and they weren't bad.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Monkey dicks with a drop of Texas Pete and shaved hoop cheese on a Ritz cracker.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Was only sort of kidding about chicken in a can, when those little cans aren't enough. Dad might pick one up for dinner when we went fishing, can cook it different ways or eat out of the can if the fish were biting and you didn't want to waste time. Imagine unseasoned steamed or pressure cooked chicken. That's what it is.

Used to be available in grocery stores at a reasonable price. Being near terminally bored I Googled it. Amazon seems to be treating it as novelty geek food and is asking $50 for a 50 oz chicken!

I remember one episode of Chopped where it was a required ingredient. Before that, I had never heard of it. Never saw it on the grocer shelf, either.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It would be healthier to eat the container either one came in.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I used to prefer the hot pickled sausages. They kind of bite back.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The one canned meat that I haven't been able to find is DAK bacon. I remember it from camping as a child.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by MM879
The one canned meat that I haven't been able to find is DAK bacon. I remember it from camping as a child.

I don't recall a DAK bacon but there is a DAK ham sometimes found at Wal-Mart.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lastofthebreed
Ok, which is better with saltine crackers, Potted Meat or Vienna Sausages? My vote goes to Potted Meat!

Vienna Sausage, hands down. Drain the liquid, fill the space between the sausages with BBQ sauce, eat out of the can using a pocket knife blade to pull 'em out, and enjoy with Saltines.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Armour potted meat.
On the boat I started off with beanie weenies with hot vinegar then potted meat scooped up with Lance peanut butter/cheese crackers. Washed down with beer if I won't driving.
Been a while, might get some today....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Used to LOVE Vienna Sausages as a kid, and still eat them occasionally.

But...I LOVE fried Spam!

Will slice up a can full and fry up the whole thing.

IF there's any left, it's warmed up the next day. Yum Yum!

Virgil B.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1234, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 22250rem, 57 invisible), 3,273 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,707
Posts18,534,814
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.