Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The widow of a friend says she is planning on spreading some of her late husband's ashes on the Sea of Galilee.

That is new to me, anyone heard of this?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Ashes around the base of fruit trees help prevent borers.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spreading the ashes of the deceased, instead of leaving them on the mantel or burying them, is common. Never heard of anyone going overseas to do it. I only know 1 man that requested his be 'dumped in the ocean' and that's his exact words. He's not dead, yet, but his wife says she'll do it. You read about where people's ashes have them spread, sounds better than dumped, on mountains, rivers, their property, etc.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had a cousin who was off her rocker. She'd been on disability for years from a breakdown. Her dog died and she had it cremated. She wanted her ashes mixed with her dog's and scattered near a scenic camp ground in the SW Idaho desert. Her brother did it but he wasn't happy about it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of my brothers ashes are at a local cemetery. We did take some and spread them on some of the wild flowers in our CRP. As long as it's CRP he is now a wild flower.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I dug up some ashes a few weeks ago when removing a raised shrub bed at the end of a house with the excavator. Don't know how it's done with people or pets but these were in a plastic bag with a metal tag and a number penciled into it. Nobody knew anything about them.

LOL
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a pilot friend who was asked to spread the ashes of their father over his favorite golf course. The family gather over his favorite hole and waited for the plane to do the fly over.
My friend opened the cockpit window, stuck the box of ashes out the window and started to shake the box. The top came off and about 90% of the ashed came back into the cockpit covering his face.
The family never heard what happened and thanked the pilot.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I dug up some ashes a few weeks ago when removing a raised shrub bed at the end of a house with the excavator. Don't know how it's done with people or pets but these were in a plastic bag with a metal tag and a number penciled into it. Nobody knew anything about them.

Call the FBI and tell them you found Jimmy Hoffa!!

I told the boy to load up some 12ga put some of my ashes in with the shot and take me out for on last round of trap.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't want to be cremated. It might hurt.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
We've had several family members cremated. Funeral homes are required by law to ID ashes with the metal tags. Once they're in your possession, you can do anything you want with them. Here, at least, you can scatter them anywhere on public land or on private if you get the owner's permission.

― George Orwell

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a half crazy first cousin. Wanted his loaded in shotgun shells and fired across his lake. His wife asked if I reloaded shotgun shells . I told her I didn’t. But they found someone who would. They had a few loaded and followed his wishes. The rest of his ashes are in a container on a fire place mantle. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I heard that same story, but the ending was slightly different. With the ashes still being present in the plane on landing, the pilot had the cockpit cleaned out with water hose. So the ashes were actually spread on the runway, be it concrete or dirt.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
About 15 years ago, my SIL was in a rough marriage and considering divorce. Before that happened, he died of a brain aneurysm. They lived in Anchorage and he wanted his ashes scattered from the top of Flattop Mtn near Anchorage. Even though it was windy and snowy, she climbed up it and opened the bag. The wind blasted it and covered her with them. Back home, he ended up going down the shower drain.

― George Orwell

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My father and mother in law wanted their ashes scattered in Granite Creek outside of Jackson, WY. where they enjoyed so much of their youth. We made the trip over last spring and fulfilled their final wishes.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Both my parents were cremated and went swimming afterwards. Mom’s ashes were cast into the Atlantic in front of the family’s beach house. Dad went swimming over his old farm, now covered by a lake....I gps’d right over his house he grew up in. My dad always appreciated a good joke. As I threw his ashes into the air a stiff breeze came out on nowhere, blowing his ashes into my eyes, mouth and up my nose. We were all sure my dad was laughing his ass off at me.

Wife and I plan on cremation. Told our son to sprinkle half my ashes under my favorite stand and the other half at the ranch where I elk hunt. He is to keep a smidgen and reload my butt into my favorite deer rifle and take me hunting one more time. He has specific instructions to wait and only shoot a nice buck, and if he misses the shot I’m coming back to haunt his ass.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Wabigoon Lake, Ontario has at least two markers. I suppose you can spread ashes, but no new markers allowed.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Waste of time; waste of money. GD

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,642
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.