Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Typical fireball thread.
Even money trips him up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ldholton
10 000 or more cash transactions or deposits all get reported to IRS. they assume it drug money

Currency and Foreign Transactions Reporting Act of 1970, I was predicated on terrorism funding, mostly a moot point now with all of the tech available but they sure aren't going to repeal it. And, if any of you guys plan to be extra sneaky and deposit $2000 over 5 days that is actually supposed to be reported too.......

Last edited by 78CJ; 01/07/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only issue I have with this is you are losing money, risk losing it in a fire or theft and it is the modus operandi of the underworld. I can see keeping say five grand around for kook purposes, but if you have to, make it metals and you'll be safer and saner... As to what has happened to America, well this isn't the 19th century

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About the safest place most normal people have in their house for this is a gunsafe. Look at some internet pics of gunsafes after a fire and it will convince you to keep about $5 around for an emergency. Be so advised that metals are not very safe either. A local here had a Silver Dollar collection that he found whilst sifting through the ashes after his house fire. They were melted into a silver glob. He had some key dates too...Insurance won't cover much of anything along these lines.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If you do a lot of wheeling and dealing, cash is the only way to do it. There are several local guys here who buy and sell cattle on a daily basis, and I've seen them packing tens of thousands of dollars in cash at a time.

As someone else said, the only drawback to that, is that banks must report cash transactions over $10,000. My main concern about carrying a large amount of cash is that if you get stopped by some cops that see everybody as being guilty of something, you could have it confiscated, and have a devil of a time getting it back. That has been known to happen.

Long as you carry that gangster wad in that top zipper chest pouch of your faded Key overalls, all is good. (For around here)

Some dribbled tobacco juice down that bib pouch would let em know even more that you’re ‘legit’

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
If you do a lot of wheeling and dealing, cash is the only way to do it. There are several local guys here who buy and sell cattle on a daily basis, and I've seen them packing tens of thousands of dollars in cash at a time.

As someone else said, the only drawback to that, is that banks must report cash transactions over $10,000. My main concern about carrying a large amount of cash is that if you get stopped by some cops that see everybody as being guilty of something, you could have it confiscated, and have a devil of a time getting it back. That has been known to happen.

Long as you carry that gangster wad in that top zipper chest pouch of your faded Key overalls, all is good. (For around here)

Some dribbled tobacco juice down that bib pouch would let em know even more that you’re ‘legit’
lmao This is too true. It don't hurt to wheel around the gunshow in one of them Rascals too. Let them know you're even more legit.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Cash is King.

Try making a deal on high-end items, IE, guns, art, vehicles,etc. without cash.

Cash is King.

Some home buyers have been usurped by cash buyers.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
... don't try to use it to (partially) buy a house. It's not accepted.

mad mad

Now what I need is 25 people to tell me what an idiot I am.

Go.

Just go to the bank and exchange it for a bank check....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am 55 years and the world is a diff place

Its sucks I like the old ways
I guess I am getting old
I have taught my Daughter cash is King and she listens to me but the world around her says I am wrong

Yes by today's standards I am wrong
by old school standards I am right on

There is nothing like dealing with a guy and he peels out a wad of green
and nothing like dealing with a guy and you pull a wad of green
Either way is a good feeling it always gets noticed before in a good way now its mixed dam snowfux

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 01/07/20.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
True - but cows are not houses..

Very, very true.... Definitely something I would NOT be doing..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
We are no longer the land of the Brave we are quickly turning into the land of sheep
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by notsobighunter
I think one should deposit it in a bank.
But also, having it in a bank makes it easier to invested. Uninvested money does not grow beyond what you save. But if I put 2 grand in a Roth IRA and put it in the market, it could be worth double that within ten years without any additional investment on my part.
That brings up an interesting point. In the old days when gold and silver was money, a guy could stick his money under a mattress and 10 years later he'd still be able to purchase the same things for the same amounts as 10 years previous. Now, with fiat currency, a guy stuffs it under the mattress and 10 years later he can only buy 1/2 of what he did 10 years earlier. That's the magical tax called "inflation".

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Where I get in NW Ontario they like cash. The most I ever spent was for an outboard motor in Fort Frances, just over three thousand. I was a total stranger, and they did not want the card fee off.

Lot of working under the table around Wabigoon, and Dryden.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will admit, dropping a C-note on the counter at CiCi’s pizza for the 5.99 lunch buffet has proven hindersome, They’re used to nickels and ones.

Luckily hostess Tiffany was able to run over to Gook’s Nail Salon next door and make change for me. Talk about a real ‘front’ ....our korean mafia here is gripped to equip.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cisco1

Cash is King.

Cash is King.

"Cash buyer" in the world of real estate just means you get paid right away. It doesn't mean someone hands you suitcases full of cash.

Although, when I was a kid back in the 1970s, the Mafia purchased my friend's father's garbage collection business with cash in installments. Every once in a while I'd come over to visit, and there would be huge stacks of hundreds piled up on the kitchen counter.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by notsobighunter
I think one should deposit it in a bank.
But also, having it in a bank makes it easier to invested. Uninvested money does not grow beyond what you save. But if I put 2 grand in a Roth IRA and put it in the market, it could be worth double that within ten years without any additional investment on my part.
That brings up an interesting point. In the old days when gold and silver was money, a guy could stick his money under a mattress and 10 years later he'd still be able to purchase the same things for the same amounts as 10 years previous. Now, with fiat currency, a guy stuffs it under the mattress and 10 years later he can only buy 1/2 of what he did 10 years earlier. That's the magical tax called "inflation".

Precisely right. And it's not just a tax in theory. The banks and the government are actually withdrawing the wealth from the bills, via the "printing press," while they sit in that mattress. In quotes, because it's mostly done electronically.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cash was also king and widely accepted in Miami during the "glory days" of the drug trade. HINT

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Went to the grocery store & handed the cashier (?) a $20. She immediately took a Sharpie to it. I remarked, "Interesting how I am immediately suspected of counterfeiting by paying cash. But, you happily accepted the other lady's credit card, no questions asked." "I don't make the rules, sir."

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by cisco1

Cash is King.

Cash is King.

You think cash is king. Look up cash confiscation by police after being stopped for speeding. Since 9/11 billions of dollars have been legally taken from motorists by the police. They can confiscate any amount you have in your car if you have at least $5,000 in cash. You then have to file legal action against the police to get it back. Very few do because it will cost more in legal fees that the amount they took from you. The locals get to keep most of the cash but they share that amount with the feds, so you can bet that law will never change.

Yes, cash is king...but only if you have it in the bank and can write a check for what you want.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Hawk,

I have made more cash deals - both real estate and others ............in the time it takes to play a baseball game.

If you can't run with the big dogs .........stay under the porch.

Enuff said.....too much already.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.