Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Get out
Let them deal with whatever comes
This crap has been going on since that POS Carter deposed the Shah.

What the heel do we care??

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wow even a Chevy could tow what was left.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akasparky
Iraqi Lawmakers Vote to Expel U.S. Troops as Iran Mourns a Slain General

Jan. 5, 2020 10:43 a.m. ET
BAGHDAD — Lawmakers in Iraq voted on Sunday to urge the government to expel United States troops from the country after the United States ordered the killing of the Iranian leader of the elite Quds Force, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, on Iraqi soil.

The decision came as hundreds of thousands of mourners poured into the streets of Iran to pay their respects to General Suleimani, the most powerful figure in the country after the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

The vote is not final until Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi of Iraq signs the draft bill. But since he drafted the language and submitted the bill to Parliament, there was little doubt he would sign it. Mr. Abdul Mahdi had urged lawmakers to oust the United States-led coalition after President Trump ordered a fatal drone strike against General Suleimani in the Baghdad airport...........

..............American troops are in Iraq “at the invitation” of the Iraqi government, according to the legal agreement between Baghdad and Washington. Presumably, if Baghdad withdrew that invitation, the United States would have to withdraw.

Link

All this talk about troop pullout is just to keep Trump base happy. Nothing will change. All this means is American troops are now officially an occupying force which they were from the beginning in the first place. Nothing to worry about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
What friend do we have over there?
I sort of thought Israel is amicable to us and doesn't ask us for troops to occupy their country. If we help them out with the guns they keep their country free and up and running.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
I sort of thought Israel is amicable to us and doesn't ask us for troops to occupy their country. If we help them out with the guns they keep their country free and up and running.

Holy Crap!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slavek

All this talk about troop pullout is just to keep Trump base happy. Nothing will change. All this means is American troops are now officially an occupying force which they were from the beginning in the first place. Nothing to worry about.

Shall I point out we still have bases in Germany and Japan? It's been what, 75 years since the end of WW II. Are we still an occupying force there? We actually have military bases in over 70 countries. Are we officially "occupying" all 70+?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hatari

Shall I point out we still have bases in Germany and Japan? It's been what, 75 years since the end of WW II. Are we still an occupying force there? We actually have military bases in over 70 countries. Are we officially "occupying" all 70+?

How many military bases do Japan, Italy, and Germany have in the United States?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings

Yes, I agree that Israel is our only true friend over there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

How many military bases do Japan, Italy, and Germany have in the United States?

Shall I remind you that we training and joint exercises HERE with Germany and Italy? So, they do bring their military and their equipment to our bases. Are they invading? We provide security for Japan. So having bases around does not automatically make us "occupiers", chief.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Iraqi "govt" has become infested with pro-Iran rats. No surprise here.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What would our government's response be if Japan just started constructing and manning a military base in Kansas?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What would our government's response be if Japan just started constructing and manning a military base in Kansas?

Japan has bases in Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi. They are camoflagued under the names "Nissan, Acura, Toyota, Infinity". The Yen can be just as mighty as the samurai.

Look,

There was a war. Japan lost. We are no longer "occupiers".
There was a war. Saddam lost. They have a government. We are no longer "occupiers".

Had Japan taken out the Obama Admin, they would have deserved a base in Kansas. IMHO. wink

Go ahead and play these cute semantic games.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Reminds me of when somebody told Stalin the Vatican would object to his expansionism, to which he replied"
How many divisions does the Vatican have" Bottom line, RIDICULOUS analogy and if it's in our interests to stay, then we stay. Now if a discussion ensues about defining what the national interests are or should be, then fine. In reality the Iranians have no vote.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wait, did I read that right? You say - "All this talk about troop pullout is just to keep Trump base happy?" Does this mean the Democrats WANT our forces there? I mean, if this is purely to keep the Trump base happy. BTW, Were all those anti-war anti GWB Code Pink protestors all GOP hardcores who are now Trump people? Does that mean Pelosi is suddenly all for having our troops there? Thought they hated this sort of thing:

Not long ago they wanted to defund this sort of thing.

Last edited by hatari; 01/07/20.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Reminds me of when somebody told Stalin the Vatican would object to his expansionism, to which he replied"
How many divisions does the Vatican have" Bottom line, RIDICULOUS analogy and if it's in our interests to stay, then we stay. Now if a discussion ensues about defining what the national interests are or should be, then fine. In reality the Iranians have no vote.

That seems to be the reality.

We have national interests. Only the useful idiots think this is ideological.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Look, this is pretty simple.

We are keeping troops in Iraq to keep an eye on Iran.

So Iran retaliates for losing their raghead general, and we kick the everylovin' schitt outta Iran.

No need for troops in Iraq to keep an eye on Iran any more, because Iran consists of nothing but rubble.

We bring troops home from Iraq. And they don't go back.

The End.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm only making the point that we are, in point of fact, occupiers. Military bases never leaving is the proof. You can argue whether it's good or bad that we are occupiers, but it's very hard to credibly argue, in light of the bases never leaving, that we are not in fact that.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Wait, did I read that right? You say - "All this talk about troop pullout is just to keep Trump base happy?"

So,...you think people who voted for Trump wanted to extend the wars in the Middle East?,....besides you, of course.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Wait, did I read that right? You say - "All this talk about troop pullout is just to keep Trump base happy?"

So,...you think people who voted for Trump wanted to extend the wars in the Middle East?,....besides you, of course.

As far as I can tell, there is only one active conflict, Afghanistan and that's being drawn down.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Bristoe

As far as I can tell, there is only one active conflict, Afghanistan and that's being drawn down.

At last count, there was 14,000 troops in the Middle East. More are on the way.

There's always going to be a faction of Americans that truly enjoy watching the American government demonstrating its military strength. It's the best reality TV show they've ever seen. But there's a lot of people on the right in America who have had a belly full of the nonsense.

It was all based on lies when it started and lies are keeping it going.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 345dl, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,973
Posts18,519,820
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.