Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by battue
Maybe, however the long range game in the current rage. They are playing to the market, those that really play the game and those that fiddle on the fringes.

How many here think they need 12x plus to work up a load or shoot game under 200yards? Answer, more than a few....

Look at the magazine articles and you see more of the same.

.308 bullets fall too short in BC for many....

I have a couple of Weaver KT-15s that I use for load development and I shoot most of my game under 200 yards.

Too many people think that they can write a cheque or swipe a card and gain shooting skill that only comes with practice.

Hold on there, you're from Nebraska and just said "cheque" What gives, Canadian spy? lol.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by savage62
There is a lot of Rifle scopes better then the new leupold. Nikon ,Swift,Trijicon, Sig, Bushnell, All great made plus the 2 top Germany ones Swarovski,Ziess

top scope in my book is a Nightforce . but i still sometimes use a Leupold scope

Last edited by pete53; 01/09/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your litmus test of whether the company is financially healthy is whether they offer shiny fixed 20x scopes?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Your litmus test of whether the company is financially healthy is whether they offer shiny fixed 20x scopes?

No, what they offer overall.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Maybe, however the long range game in the current rage. They are playing to the market, those that really play the game and those that fiddle on the fringes.

How many here think they need 12x plus to work up a load or shoot game under 200yards? Answer, more than a few....

Look at the magazine articles and you see more of the same.

.308 bullets fall too short in BC for many....

I have a couple of Weaver KT-15s that I use for load development and I shoot most of my game under 200 yards.

Too many people think that they can write a cheque or swipe a card and gain shooting skill that only comes with practice.

Hold on there, you're from Nebraska and just said "cheque" What gives, Canadian spy? lol.

I live in NE, but I was raised in NH.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Who here has proof leupold is having any financial difficulties?
Are they laying off or hiring? What is their cash reserve? Their actual market share?

How much have they made or lost in the most recent 5 years?

Their market share has dropped significantly over the past ten years. Only two scope brands are growing much, Sig and Vortex. Leupold was number 1 and Vortex has passed them by a lot. Leupold is down about 20% in gross sales last number I heard and the market has grown and there has been inflation. They are not "in trouble" so much as they are under-performing the rest of the market.

Where did you find this data and is it a reliable source
?

A lot of "facts" that appear on the internet and are repeated repeatedly have little relationship with reality/truth.

I don't know that I've ever seen a Sig or Vortex scope anywhere other than in a display case at Cabela's..

EDIT: Oops, I forgot that I traded for s rifle that came with a Vortex scope in 2017. I wonder where I put it?

He pulled it outa his wazzoooo, like most everything else he says.

Careful there Johnny... I remember giving you the details from reliable sources. Why do you have to be such an idiot?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Are they laying off or hiring? What is their cash reserve? Their actual market share?

Their market share has dropped significantly over the past ten years. Only two scope brands are growing much, Sig and Vortex. Leupold was number 1 and Vortex has passed them by a lot. Leupold is down about 20% in gross sales last number I heard and the market has grown and there has been inflation. They are not "in trouble" so much as they are under-performing the rest of the market.

?

A lot of "facts" that appear on the internet and are repeated repeatedly have little relationship with reality/truth.

I don't know that I've ever seen a Sig or Vortex scope anywhere other than in a display case at Cabela's..

EDIT: Oops, I forgot that I traded for s rifle that came with a Vortex scope in 2017. I wonder where I put it?

Truth..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

No, what they offer overall.

How does that make any sense?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

?

Careful there Johnny... I remember giving you the details from reliable sources. Why do you have to be such an idiot?

So, does your silence mean you remember being spoon fed the sources? Do I have to paste them up again or do you admit you were just being a jerk again?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
You have no hard numbers on Leupolds profitability or market share IIRC. Post em up, not make them up.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You have no hard numbers on Leupolds profitability or market share IIRC. Post em up, not make them up.

You, once again, do not remember correctly.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I'd say they still make a great product, but when did a $200 3-9x40 become a $400-$1000 item. VX5 2-10 and VX6 12 immediately make me shake my head. Basic VXR with firedot also...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Apparently, coupled with the increase in reticle change out cost, clearly shows their gasping for air...Laffin 😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I don't have access to their books, but when I see a schit ton of scopes being discontinued and a whole lot less being 'introduced', it gives me pause to wonder why.

Folks don't normally worry about belt tightening if they are doing well.

Leupold has been in the scope business for a goodly while. If these other companies can figure out how to build scopes that can be dialed, accurately, without breaking down, Leupold should be able to also.

Have they not been tracking customer buying and shooting trends? Or did they get away from their core customer base? The consumer profits from competition, and I certainly don't want to see them going out of business, especially after already losing Nikon.

Most growing businesses expand their offerings. Businesses starting to have problems sometimes 'restructure'. Businesses in trouble contract their offerings.

We shall see what we shall see.

Last edited by DELGUE; 01/10/20.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I plan on helping out their bottom line in the near future. After handling a VX3i CDS-ZL I have pretty much convinced myself I need one. Does what I need it to without bulky turrets and double the weight.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
leupold isn't going anywhere, why? their product is sold in every gun store around. your average non internet guy recognizes the brand and is comfortable with purchasing it. The product has a great warranty. They also have more options than pretty much anyone else. I really wish I could like them again. Nikon is closing up shop, the question is who will replace them? I don't know but getting rid of nikon certainly should only help leupold. Also in most cases leupold product line is stocked front and center and usually with the most overall product in the stores I go in.

Its funny we had them reach out to us on issues we some of us have with them. Its was pretty funny they basically said, umm there isn't an issue, get over it we aren't changing. if anything they made their case worse. Its ok, zeiss v4, bushnell, (used elites) huskemaw, NF, will get my business.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You, once again, do not remember correctly.

If you have links to back up your claims, why not simply post them? I have no dog in this fight, just genuinely curious if this is fact or conjecture.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My part of the conversation is for anyone to see how many simple duplex hunting reticles in the Sig, Vortex or any other of these upcoming companies can be found. You won't find many. This is why Leupold will be around for a long time until these other companies figure out how to make hunting reticles instead of target reticles. Hunters that hunt in the woods and pine thickets of the south or anywhere else don't give a rat's butt about moa reticles and doa reticles. That's why the Nikons with the bdc reticles are a dime a dozen and probably why they are getting out of the scope business.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Lucas1
My part of the conversation is for anyone to see how many simple duplex hunting reticles in the Sig, Vortex or any other of these upcoming companies can be found. You won't find many. This is why Leupold will be around for a long time until these other companies figure out how to make hunting reticles instead of target reticles. Hunters that hunt in the woods and pine thickets of the south or anywhere else don't give a rat's butt about moa reticles and doa reticles. That's why the Nikons with the bdc reticles are a dime a dozen and probably why they are getting out of the scope business.

The largest area of the shooting optics market is no longer geared specifically to hunters any longer. Hunters are outnumbered by shooting enthusiasts who don't hunt...and hunters are loosing ground in that market share. It only makes sense for the optics manufacturers to shift their focus with the changing markets.

I agree that most hunters may not care about the hashed christmas-tree reticles when they are shooting game at 75 yards, but it is naive to assume that they are the majority whom manufacturers should cater to currently.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by Lucas1

The largest area of the shooting optics market is no longer geared specifically to hunters any longer. Hunters are outnumbered by shooting enthusiasts who don't hunt...and hunters are loosing ground in that market share. It only makes sense for the optics manufacturers to shift their focus with the changing markets.

I agree that most hunters may not care about the hashed christmas-tree reticles when they are shooting game at 75 yards, but it is naive to assume that they are the majority whom manufacturers should cater to currently.

Agreed and I also think it will be the 'death' of us.

Hunting is part of ones DNA. There are shooters that hunt and hunters that shoot. Shooting hasn't been around long enough to impact our DNA. It seems betting out the DNA part that hunts is a goal, unfortunately.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.