I wonder how long Leupold will last without going bankrupt or selling out to another company? I'm not a Leupold basher as most of my scopes are Leupolds. The last scopes I bought are used ones off the classifieds because the new scopes don't meet what I want. My BIL bought a vari-x IIc silver 4x12. It went tits up so he sent it back. When he got it back the scope was full of water. He called CS and explained the problem. They sent a shipping lable and back it went. He just got notified the tube is cracked and can't be fixed. The CS guy offered several scopes to replace it. My BIL asked "Do you make silver scopes"? Answer - no. "Do you make gloss scopes"? Answer - no. "How about a fixed 18x or 20x"
Answer - "The only fixed target scope we make is 45x". They finally agreed on a scope. I'm thinking the Leupold owners have squeezed the tit almost dry! It is wonderful Leupold still tries to make it right if your forever scope fails. Too bad it must be something many won't want to replace it. I guess we can sell the new scope and search for an acceptable replacement.
Dave

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong