Originally Posted by rj308
After looking at the Leupold product lists of what they are dropping and what they are introducing, it looks like just maybe the lightweight (my definition is under 14 ounces) good looking, good eye relief with good glass rifle scope may going away forever. I won't say "at any price", because it appears that this particular type of scope is not manufactured by almost any other company than Leupold. And we just got word on this type of scope (for the most part) has been discontinued. Some Weavers are close, but eye relief does not compare. It appears to me that they will not be marketing hardly any 1" variables with a low end power of less than 3.5x. And of course that 3.5x will most likely be closer to 4x, being many scope manufacturers fudge their specs some for marketing purposes. I saw one 1" 1x4 still there and one Freedom 3x9x40, but that's about it.
I know about Leupold tracking issues. I'm a set & forget type and I have quite a few of these Leupolds to last me the rest of my hunting days. I just hate to see the demise of this type of scope. RJ

I agree 100%. While searching for a 6x scope and looking through scope manufacturer's web sites, the number of large magnification scopes with 50 plus mm objectives, tactical reticles and target knobs is staggering. I guess they are catering to consumer demand. I hope Leupold keep the excellent 2.5-8x36. That and the now defunct 6x36 are my two favourite scope sizes.