Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by Lucas1
My part of the conversation is for anyone to see how many simple duplex hunting reticles in the Sig, Vortex or any other of these upcoming companies can be found. You won't find many. This is why Leupold will be around for a long time until these other companies figure out how to make hunting reticles instead of target reticles. Hunters that hunt in the woods and pine thickets of the south or anywhere else don't give a rat's butt about moa reticles and doa reticles. That's why the Nikons with the bdc reticles are a dime a dozen and probably why they are getting out of the scope business.

The largest area of the shooting optics market is no longer geared specifically to hunters any longer. Hunters are outnumbered by shooting enthusiasts who don't hunt...and hunters are loosing ground in that market share. It only makes sense for the optics manufacturers to shift their focus with the changing markets.

I agree that most hunters may not care about the hashed christmas-tree reticles when they are shooting game at 75 yards, but it is naive to assume that they are the majority whom manufacturers should cater to currently.

Agreed and I also think it will be the 'death' of us.

Hunting is part of ones DNA. There are shooters that hunt and hunters that shoot. Shooting hasn't been around long enough to impact our DNA. It seems betting out the DNA part that hunts is a goal, unfortunately.