-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At a young age a friend of mine lost his Dad when a car fell on him while he was working underneath. Crushed his chest.

He always recounted that with a tear in his eye. In a way, it crushed him too.

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My condolences Wabi. I hate to say this, but as other's have pointed out, at least he passed on doing something he liked. I remember visiting my Grandmother in the old folk's home when I was younger. I don't think that's how anyone wants to spend the final years of their lives.

The older I get, the more I think about my own demise. I'm less than two years away from the age where my biological father dropped dead from a massive heart attack. I don't think a day has passed in the past two years where I haven't thought about it.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My cousin's husband died working on his car just the other day. She feels badly that she did not check on him sooner.

I tried to comfort her, telling her, no nursing home, no surgeries.

Funeral tomorrow , not much family left at my age.

That's all.

Sorry to hear this! You said what needed to be said and I'm sure you did comfort your cousin with those reminders.

Prayers of comfort for the family and all he was dear to.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My cousin's husband died working on his car just the other day. She feels badly that she did not check on him sooner.

I tried to comfort her, telling her, no nursing home, no surgeries.

Funeral tomorrow , not much family left at my age.

That's all.

Had a bit of experience with both slow and fast in the past few months.

Father in law had a stroke. That stroke stole the man he was from his friends and family. Over a year in various stages of dying, and living, but not living as he had before.

When he passed, everyone was very sad to see him go. But they were also glad he was not suffering any longer. He had quite the send off. Full military honors. WWII veteran.

Then, in December, his wife, my mother in law... failed to answer her phone one morning. Did a check on her, and she was found dead in her bed.

Quite the surprise. But on reflection, everyone was glad she didn't endure the same as described above.

Her service was only attended by family, and was quick, and to the point.

Richard, I'm saddened to hear of the loss in your family. But perhaps more concerning is the guilt accumulated by your cousin because she didn't check on him. She needs to shed that... The sooner the better.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sad sad,, sad. Seems like the older we get the more our friends die. I hope to out last them all, but not interested if it means prolonged agony. Take me swiftly thanks. All the best to your family in these hard times. Bill out, 🐾👣🇨🇦

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We just got back home, long day, I only got lost in the big town once, but that was for near three hours. Take note of lack of laugh icon. I'll try to post some pictures later.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Not to be at all disrespectful but since I'm starting to get up there myself, wonder if I should get one of those little recorders and document my progress so my son will know where to pick where I dropped off

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I almost checked out that way 20-something years ago. I was working on a car by myself in the high school auto shop where I was the teacher, on a weekend with nobody else around. As I would bend over the fender to do something, I would get a choking, burning feeling like I had a bite of hot chili that I couldn't quitte swallow. Take a break- - -try again - - -same thing. The third time it happened, I started to get a little worried- - - -called a "chest pain" hot line- - - -and got routed to a voice mailbox by the operator that answered the phone. Hung up and called back- - - -same operator- - -same voice mail! I gave up on that one and called the E,R. at a local hospital- - - -"Get in here right away!"

I locked up the shop, drove 10 miles, found a parking space, and walked into the emergency room. Less than an hour later, I was on the operating table, getting a stent put into my heart! That coronary artery was 90% blocked! If I had ignored the warning signs, I'd probably have been found dead a couple of days later when school opened again on Monday! I was 53 years old, with no prior history of heart problems, but I had a really high-risk lifestyle. I guess it just wasn't my time to go!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (222Sako, 22250rem, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,006
Posts18,481,440
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.