Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Lately been wanting a 280 rem or AI. I dont plan on reloading, sold all my stuff a few years ago and do not want to spend the money on starting over. What am I loosing other than a shorter action going with a plain Jane 7mm rem mag?

Dont eat the big white mint!
GB1

z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAKO270WSM
Lately been wanting a 280 rem or AI. I dont plan on reloading, sold all my stuff a few years ago and do not want to spend the money on starting over. What am I loosing other than a shorter action going with a plain Jane 7mm rem mag?

Generally speaking, the same length action is used for both the 280 and 7mm Rem. I prefer the 280 but if I relied solely on factory loads, I'd probably recommend the 7mm Rem much easier to find than the 280 or 280 AI.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes the 7 mm Rem.Mag. is a much better and easier to find ammo and as good as cartridge if not better .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
If you don't plan on handloading ammo, forget the 280. However, if you're not hunting big open spaces or elk size game, why not get a 7mm-08? Just aks Pharmseller, he will tell you about the 7mm-08.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
If you don't plan on handloading ammo, forget the 280. However, if you're not hunting big open spaces or elk size game, why not get a 7mm-08? Just aks Pharmseller, he will tell you about the 7mm-08.

Currently pack a Sako 85 finnlight in 7-08, but will need the extra push for heavies for Elk hunting this year with a family member in Colorado, hopefully. Also trying to make a few public land mule deer or antelope out west.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It's rather easy. Go to midway's website and search 280 factory ammo. If you see some you like, buy a 280. If you like the ammo better for the 7 mag, get the 7 mag.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
If you're limiting options between 280 vs 7mag and you don't reload, go with the 7mm for the plethora of factory ammo availability.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If a guy isn't Reloading,the Kreedmire simply wins by default and usually by quite a fhuqking bit. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Someone who asks a question this amazingly Stupid,would do well to shoot and park their keyboard...until they attained a First Fhuqking Clue(which is never gonna happen).

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
If a guy isn't Reloading,the Kreedmire simply wins by default and usually by quite a fhuqking bit. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Someone who asks a question this amazingly Stupid,would do well to shoot and park their keyboard...until they attained a First Fhuqking Clue(which is never gonna happen).

Hint...................

Can anyone translate this?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'd go with a 7 mm magnum . It's a hell of a good cartridge and you can get ammo anywhere.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hint...................

Better question would be, “does anyone care?”

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy

I use both a 7 mag and 7 08 and have been so satisfied with how the 7 08 works on elk (139 gr GMX) that I could easily lose the 7 mag and not be worse off. The more I hunt with the 7 08, the more I like it as an all around round.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Buy the 7mm Rem Mag and go kill some deer and elk with it.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hint...................

QueenWhizzum,

While it was not and is not requisite,for you to reiterate your Dumbfhuqktitude...it sure the fhuqk is HILARIOUS! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical",for your Retardation to follow and I'll happily take the time to shorten/simplify same,so you and the Texans can Pretend to "keep pace". Hint.

Bless your heart for trying soooooooooo hard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

SpongeMOO,

What Factory fodder you slingin',in that "bad ass" 7mm Remmie Mag? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Droolers are a fhuqking hoot!

Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Rinsin',

What sorta speed,do them there Hornie solids make for you? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Fhuqktards are a RIOT! Be sure to extoll on rifle/mount/glass particulars and howyou arrange POA/POI intersections. Mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

Hint...................

QueenWhizzum,

While it was not and is not requisite,for you to reiterate your Dumbfhuqktitude...it sure the fhuqk is HILARIOUS! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical",for your Retardation to follow and I'll happily take the time to shorten/simplify same,so you and the Texans can Pretend to "keep pace". Hint.

Bless your heart for trying soooooooooo hard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

SpongeMOO,

What Factory fodder you slingin',in that "bad ass" 7mm Remmie Mag? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Droolers are a fhuqking hoot!

Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Rinsin',

What sorta speed,do them there Hornie solids make for you? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Fhuqktards are a RIOT! Be sure to extoll on rifle/mount/glass particulars and howyou arrange POA/POI intersections. Mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!................

Man did you have stroke or something?

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’d go with a 7 mag, but a 280 would be great too.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Buy the 7mm Rem Mag and go kill some deer and elk with it.

Of your two choices, ^^^^^^^ this is where I would net out as well. As someone posted above, Midway has 5 times more flavors of 7 Rem Mag ammo available than 280 and 280 AI combined...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
QueenWhizzum,

I simply shoot it all and then some...but REALLY do enjoy you CLUELESS Fhuqktards doing your best,with what incredibly little you "have" to work with. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Again. Cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical",for your Retardation to follow and I'll happily take the time to shorten/simplify same,so you and the Texans can Pretend to "keep pace". Hint.

Bless your heart,you poor poor(literally) CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Hint.

Laughing!.........

Janco,

Which flavor(s) of Factory Fodder,are you "gunning" in your Delusions? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying,you Clueless Fhuqktard.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Cryin2000,

Cite the Factory Fodder you'd be slingin',give "all" of them "choices". As an aside,she cited (3) chamberings,but at least you can count to (2) by yourself. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Dumb Fhuqkers never disappoint. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sako270wsm,
I feel sorry for you. You have no clue the can of worms you have opened.
I own a 7-08, a 7x64, a 280ai, and a 7 rem mag, so I have the bases covered.
Nothing bigger will do anything more or better than these.
The 7x64, I brought back from Getmany, and 7 mag is rebarreled from a 300 rum. Got tired of the eargesplittinloudenboominkickincanon.
The 280ai came about for me as a custom rifle present to my self.
The 7-08, was a rebarrel project for an inaccurate 260, in a college gunsmithing class.
Knowing the bullets, the distances, the terrains, and most of all MY limitations, I'd hunt the world with my 7-08, and 140 gr Accubonds, at 2850 fps, with, in my choosing, a Leupold 2.5-8 with a B&C reticle.
I like them all tho.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Sako270wsm,
I feel sorry for you. You have no clue the can of worms you have opened.
I own a 7-08, a 7x64, a 280ai, and a 7 rem mag, so I have the bases covered.
Nothing bigger will do anything more or better than these.
The 7x64, I brought back from Getmany, and 7 mag is rebarreled from a 300 rum. Got tired of the eargesplittinloudenboominkickincanon.
The 280ai came about for me as a custom rifle present to my self.
The 7-08, was a rebarrel project for an inaccurate 260, in a college gunsmithing class.
Knowing the bullets, the distances, the terrains, and most of all MY limitations, I'd hunt the world with my 7-08, and 140 gr Accubonds, at 2850 fps, with, in my choosing, a Leupold 2.5-8 with a B&C reticle.
I like them all tho.

Seems like I could "do it all" with my 7-08, but what fun is that

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (257man, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,690
Posts18,534,494
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.