-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like I said earlier, go back and read the *entire* Bible and get back with us. ... If it was as you say, why would Jesus have bothered to breath the 1st Great Commandment? He could have just summarized it by saying the 2nd.
Matthew 22:36-40 English Standard Version (ESV)
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 AND A SECOND IS *LIKE IT*: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend ALL the Law and the Prophets.”
“Like it” means ‘just as important’ or ‘equal to’...it means you can’t have the first without the second. Jesus’ entire ministry on earth, and the books that we collectively call the New Testament, teach this. And He clearly taught that the collective Old Testament books “hang” on this as well. That’s the “*entire* Bible”.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Do you eat bacon and lobster?
Here you are again, quoting scripture like Satan.

But I give you the benefit of the doubt. Here is a little primer on the various laws. https://padreperegrino.org/2018/04/...YK-Ud0yGsvbmEPqSBZ_3F6lr5MZJdM1bzxSswLG0

That's what I thought. I figures you had your excuses for ignoring the portions of The Law you didn't like.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
For those that think some of us haven't read the entire bible, well I have a couple times, when I was young. It's the reading of the 'entire' bible and not just instructional verse that brings an understanding. The bible is often contradictory, there is obviously some God truth and man manipulation.

I used to be a bible warrior, wielding the shield and sword of chapter and verse... until I realized Christ didn't need me flailing about making me and him look like an idiot.

That said I will share a verse I kinda remember, doesn't mean anything except the example of contradiction...

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law

Kent

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

But I give you the benefit of the doubt. Here is a little primer on the various laws. https://padreperegrino.org/2018/04/...YK-Ud0yGsvbmEPqSBZ_3F6lr5MZJdM1bzxSswLG0

That's what I thought. I figures you had your excuses for ignoring the portions of The Law you didn't like.

Nope, Tyrone understands the issue and you....perhaps.... don’t. I have responded previously .... to you....on this issue and explained the laws and also explained the covenants and the fulfillment of the law. You are either unable to comprehend or are simply being disingenuous. Maybe you are both, idk.

Anyway, as usual, on the ‘fire, there are those who want to “win the debate” .... be the better debater. There are also those who are interested in discovering what is right and correct.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Certainly on the scale of things, ignoring that is of far less significance than your practice of ignoring them all. Really, are you that dense? For your sake, I hope so. If you are that dense at least you have an excuse.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a fine (if small) devotion. Maybe you should follow it and offer it up.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Exactly. It's like driving at a sane speed, not because there is a law on speed limits, but because you recognize that it's better to drive in a safe manner. Not that you won't get hammered if you get caught driving 40 over.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by poboy
Lest not ye whicheth canst be thy own self, be that whatst shalt noweth nor forever beith false. IMO

Gus, is at u? wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Exactly. It's like driving at a sane speed, not because there is a law on speed limits, but because you recognize that it's better to drive in a safe manner. Not that you won't get hammered if you get caught driving 40 over.

This reminds me too, of what freedom is and it's association with sin. The righteous man is the freest man there is. None of the laws apply to them. And I think it's pretty obvious that the righteous don't go around breaking the laws and that the laws still exist. You can take that on a civic level or a spiritual level.

(Of course, no one alive is totally righteous or free. But the more righteous one is, the more free they are.)

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Imputed righteousness, by faith... the perfect righteousness of Christ Himself.
Christ is my righteousness and my only righteousness.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
In regards to my heart troubles, my doctor said, the people with symptoms are lucky. The same may apply to the soul.
Pretty good analogy maybe. I once heard that sometimes the first symptom of heart trouble is sudden death.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by TF49

Nope, Tyrone understands the issue and you....perhaps.... don’t. I have responded previously .... to you....on this issue and explained the laws and also explained the covenants and the fulfillment of the law. You are either unable to comprehend or are simply being disingenuous. Maybe you are both, idk.

Anyway, as usual, on the ‘fire, there are those who want to “win the debate” .... be the better debater. There are also those who are interested in discovering what is right and correct.

Some day Antelope is gonna show up here...
Hey guys, I was on the road to Damascus and suddenly....

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I had forgotten I said that. I'll still say it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Even the Bible doesn't dismiss reincarnation as a possibility.
Yes it does.
Hebrews 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,
28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There's a big difference between having a relationship with God and being saved. Anyone, any where, any time can be saved by simply accepting Christ. Anyone who has done so is going to heaven, no matter what. Having a relationship is a way of life, not a way of salvation. It allows you to have a few of the benefits of salvation here on earth but doesn't affect whether you're actually saved or not. You can live alone in the most remote place on earth for years, totally separated from any Christians, and still be saved. Having a relationship there though, is far more difficult.

When I say relationship, I mean an intimate relationship with the Lord from having been saved.

All else is just knowledge. There are those who know the Bible but don’t know the Author.

Knowledge won’t get you there.

The demons believe and tremble. That’s why atheist are a joke. Talk about being deceived.

DF

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49

TF,

I understand it, we just have very different perspectives. IMO it's a large potion of the Christian who are being disingenuous on this particular subject.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by krp

This reminds me too, of what freedom is and it's association with sin. The righteous man is the freest man there is. None of the laws apply to them. And I think it's pretty obvious that the righteous don't go around breaking the laws and that the laws still exist. You can take that on a civic level or a spiritual level.

(Of course, no one alive is totally righteous or free. But the more righteous one is, the more free they are.)

Marcus Aurelius would agree with you, or perhaps more accurately, you are agreeing with him.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I like the Baptist idea better--
Northern Baptist say -- there aint no hell
Southern Baptist say-- The hell there aint

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I think the UMC has been poisoned.
Aint the only one either.

Ignore them and go about your life.
And if that means packing a good pistol, so be it.

Christ died for all of us.
But that was the plan from the start.

I think some folks might be actual pacifists.
Most proly sheltered, idealistic idiots......or p*ssies.

Don't care what they do.
They need to stop telling me what to do though.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/12/20.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was in a lawsuit years ago. The counter suit sued me for a lot of money.

The other side had all kinds of questions, and angles.

My lawyer told me, the other side was trying obsequie the case by getting way off the point.

He said, we need to concentrate on the main issue.

In the case in point, the Devil is the other side. He wants to confuse the "case", as much as he can.

We need to stay on the straight, and narrow.

Jesus loves us, we just need to love Him back.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marcus Aurelius would agree with you, or perhaps more accurately, you are agreeing with him.
The Greek Stoics were some of the earliest gentile converts. They pretty much had Jesus worked out before Jesus.

Do good works from the heart, worship God like He asks you (Church, the sacraments, etc.).

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/righteousness-done-right

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (12344mag, 160user, 22kHornet, 257man, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 1,917 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,849
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.