Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cfran
Toyota shouldn’t have recalls, their technology has been static for a decade on the Tundra. While reliable, I’d argue everything is pretty reliable. Furthermore the design/features are incredibly long in the tooth for Toyota. And mileage is horrible.

Not really. The recall is for a front collision sensor which is new technology in the tundra as of 2018. Its standard equipment on all tundras. When I was looking at F150’s I would have had to get a pretty high end package to get the sensors, not standard on all F150’s.

Sean
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
https://www.thedrive.com/news/28605/these-are-the-pickup-trucks-with-the-most-recalls-so-far-in-2019

Since we're only halfway through 2019, we'll take a look at last year's numbers first. These figures are available at NHTSA.org and you can search for your own vehicle's recall history, no matter the make, model, or year, so long as it's within the administration's record-keeping parameters.

2018 Ford F-150: 9 recalls, 264 complaints
2018 Ram 1500: 8 recalls, 49 complaints
2018 Toyota Tundra: 4 recalls, 37 complaints
2018 Nissan Titan: 1 recall, 8 complaints
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500: 0 recalls, 46 complaints

Now, though, we look at 2019 model year figures which include information for new-generation trucks such as the Chevy Silverado and Ram 1500. Keep in mind that these numbers are up to date as of June 19.

2019 Ram 1500: 10 recalls, 115 complaints
2019 Toyota Tundra: 4 recalls, 6 complaints
2019 Ford F-150: 2 recalls, 10 complaints
2019 Chevrolet Silverado: 1 recall, 19 complaints
2019 Nissan Titan: 0 recalls, 1 complaint

Fact:

2018 Tundra 55k sold
2018 F150 451k sold

Given there are 8 times as many F150’s on the market how does that influence your view on the above results? At least from a complaint standpoint. Seems to reason the Tundra doesn’t stack up that well . . .

Last edited by cfran; 01/13/20.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by broomd
Fantastic runners, but ridiculous mileage.
I won't own a newer Tundra again until they can get an honest 20mpg on the road.

Anyone that says they have an '07-up Tundra 4wd that gets 20 mpg is full of crap.

If you drive like a Boomer it can get 20ish easily.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SeanD
Toyota shouldn’t have recalls, their technology has been static for a decade on the Tundra. While reliable, I’d argue everything is pretty reliable. Furthermore the design/features are incredibly long in the tooth for Toyota. And mileage is horrible.

Not really. The recall is for a front collision sensor which is new technology in the tundra as of 2018. Its standard equipment on all tundras. When I was looking at F150’s I would have had to get a pretty high end package to get the sensors, not standard on all F150’s.

Yes, you are correct. But 98% of the truck has NOT changed however.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
I get just 15 in the city.

18 on the road.

I drive fast.

Fuelly.com is the accepted source for automotive fuel economy. Let's take a look at the Tundra, shall we?

Click Here

Well look at that, the Tundra gets a whopping 14 miles per gallon. And no more.

14mpg - LOL!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, the Fire does have a truck section, you all know that right?

Click Here

So tell me, why are Toyota owners posting their crap in the general forum?

Two possible answers that I can see.

1. Insecurity, they need constant stroking from fellow yoda owners, who are also insecure about their vehicle.

2. Outright trolling by yoda bots.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To this day, I can't believe anyone using a truck would make gas mileage their make or break priority! ALL trucks have schittty gas mileage.

The Tundra has a lot of great features where it counts for a truck and the damn thing will run.

Buy the goofy Tesla truck if you're that worried about your gas bill.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 4winds
To this day, I can't believe anyone using a truck would make gas mileage their make or break priority! ALL trucks have schittty gas mileage.

The Tundra has a lot of great features where it counts for a truck and the damn thing will run.

Gas mileage, average performance, decade old technology . . .

Granted you get really good resale, but other than that’s it’s a truck that’s well past it’s prime. RAM & F150 easily beat it in about every category, not even debatable.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bought my 2020 “shiny primer” back in August. One oil change. A couple thousand mike to Wyoming and back. Driving 75+ I’m around 15mpg. Slow it down to the 70 mph speed limit and state highways it’s 16mpg it a bit better. I have no regrets with my purchase. Kept my 2006 Super Duty for real truck work.

Rented a new Silverado 4wd to drive from DFW back to Missouri Saturday. It was pushing 19 mpg driving 80. No clue what motor or rear end in it. To me the seats were too low and dash was too high. Felt like I was sitting in a hole.

The Tundra might be old tech, but I know I won’t have the AFM issues I had with a GM 5.3. Tundra’s transmission isn't dropping a couple gears to pull a hill either. It might not be as efficient, but we will see how the longevity holds up in 250k miles. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What kind of millage are you guys getting out of your Tundra's?

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by walt501
So, the Fire does have a truck section, you all know that right?

Click Here

So tell me, why are Toyota owners posting their crap in the general forum?

Two possible answers that I can see.

1. Insecurity, they need constant stroking from fellow yoda owners, who are also insecure about their vehicle.

2. Outright trolling by yoda bots.

Are you sure you’re not from Michigan?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Traveler52

Are you sure you’re not from Texas?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Granted you get really good resale, but other than that’s it’s a truck that’s well past it’s prime. RAM & F150 easily beat it in about every category, not even debatable.

Ford makes a nice 1/2 ton but please spare us the bullschit.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
RAM & F150 easily beat it in about every category, not even debatable.

Sure it's debatable, they're made by Ford and Dodge. I'll never own another Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep product and never have and never will own anything Ford. Have had great luck with Chevrolet, but the only truck they currently produce that interested me at all is their Colorado ZR2, which I'd take any day over a Tacoma.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SeanD

Yes, you are correct. But 98% of the truck has NOT changed however.

You are absolutely correct. The Tindra is about at the 20 year old Dakota technology level.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Ford makes a nice 1/2 ton but please spare us the bullschit.

I’m all ears. Happy to talk performance, tech, whatever you choose. There is a reason Toyota can’t sell but 50k of them per year, ‘cause the average joe is smarter than you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I owned 3 Tundras and none were problem free like my previous Toyota’s were. From major repairs like engine work, whole front axle replaced, sensors galore, warped dashes, the cheapest paint I have ever seen on a pickup , the tailgate crumbling when loading a 4 wheeler in the bed,etc. There’s a ton of Toyota fan boys out there and I was one of them for decades but there isn’t [bleep] that A Tundra gives you over the competition except for warm and fuzzys. Fuel mileage was horrendous empty and when loaded with even a small bass boat that is as aerodynamic as a trailer can be the fuel mileage would resemble that of pulling a large travel trailer. The damn thing couldn’t make it up the slightest grade without downshifting constantly. Guys that think they are a beast towing haven’t driven a competitors truck or they’d realize the Tundra is lacking. Now with all that said each guy should buy whatever tickles their fancy and it’s awesome that we have as many choices as we do these days on a bunch of great trucks that are way more reliable than they used to be.

Oh and FWIW the whole resale perk was never something I benefited from having to fight tooth and nail to get them even paid off so I don’t know where that theory comes into play!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
And for the record when Toyota does a refresh on the Tundra I’d be willing to bet it might be the half ton to buy. That tells you what I think of Toyota. Have owned a few of them over the years. But sick of them milking an outdated truck only trading on its reputation.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,800
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.