Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Bristoe
L.A. and San Francisco is a petri dish just waiting for a pandemic to appear. There will be a big enough exodus then.

Then you have nothing to worry about, but if you really knew anything about CA, you would know prop 13 repeal will do that long before your mythical pandemic.

I really don't think it's mythical. San Francisco spent $73,000,000 to have the human schitt cleaned off of their streets this year.

When $73,000,000 a year is being spent to clean schitt off the streets,...much of it deposited by junkies,...it's just a matter of time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A hint... the rest of us strongly suspect someday soon we will be required to bail California out of the mess they got themselves into... so ya that creates resentment.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
L.A. and San Francisco is a petri dish just waiting for a pandemic to appear. There will be a big enough exodus then.

Then you have nothing to worry about, but if you really knew anything about CA, you would know prop 13 repeal will do that long before your mythical pandemic.

I really don't think it's mythical. San Francisco spent $73,000,000 to have the human schitt cleaned off of their streets this year.

When $73,000,000 a year is being spent to clean schitt off the streets,...much of it deposited by junkies,...it's just a matter of time.

OK.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are assuming the repeal of prop 13 will still make real estate a viable investment.... hint, if they do that it will be to late to get out

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
Why do people in Fairbanks Alaska stay. Twice the national average crime rate, twice that of where I live, why are people in Fairbanks feeding the criminals?

Are the people of Fairbanks threatening our way of life: Are the people of Fairbanks spending billions of dollars that they do not have? Will we be required to bail out the people of Fairbanks? hmmmmmm

You really don't understand the situation here, do you? It's not that CA is spending money it doesn't have on an annual basis. That situation was resolved. Budget surpluses for '18 and '19. Safety nets increasing year on year. Thank the Governator, and believe it or not, Moonbeam for kinda/sorta fixing that issue.

Unfortunately, some other issues are still there, and they dwarf the budget issue:

Lack of infrastructure spending
Unfunded liablities
Government debt
Government policies

A very good write up on it, and worthwhile reading for anyone in a purple state that's getting bluer year by year:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomas...our-reasons-california-is-unsustainable/

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are assuming the repeal of prop 13 will still make real estate a viable investment.... hint, if they do that it will be to late to get out

My house is paid for, and they will try to pass it on buisness first. My hope is that so many businesses will leave, they will reinstate it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by fester
What I can’t figure out is why so many non-Californians care why we are here, worry about your own states, it’s coming your way just like it did us.

Why do you guys stay?
Don’t come here.

Because a lot of Americans understand the judicial process and understand that the stupidity that you and your ilk allow causes problems like the 9th District and we all realize that every case they purposely fugk up has to be corrected by the SCOTUS and this is a timely process.

On top of that, you often act like Texans.

Does this answer your question?

Dude, stfu.
Don’t be jealous cause sal out hooks fish ya f ag.

The same "sal" that has started threads stating that he wishes he could leave California?

That "sal?"

LMAO.

It's not my fault you live in a schit hole.

As bad as politics and the idiots that make up the majority of the population of this state are....I'd only move from here to states up and down the Rocky Mountains or even possibly up the west coast to Alaska.
I can isolate myself from most of those freaking idiots and even the disgusting politicians and live a great life in the outdoors.
If I live in the sweltering south or places with little or no public ground or tiny little game animals and fish that I need to be rich to pursue...or God forbid be walled into a concrete and asphalt subdivision?...no thanks.
I need mountains, public ground, wilderness and open waters....a place where I can take a piss off my deck or have as raging bonfire if I want to.
I do that here.
A schitload of states east of the Rocky Mountains just don't to it for me regardless of how red they may be ...Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Alaska, different story.
However my situation just went allow that.
Sooooo...I'll continue to make lemonade from a very sour lemon for now.

I'd still rather hunt big blacktail deer than Iguanas...🤣

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Why do people in Fairbanks Alaska stay. Twice the national average crime rate, twice that of where I live, why are people in Fairbanks feeding the criminals?

Are the people of Fairbanks threatening our way of life: Are the people of Fairbanks spending billions of dollars that they do not have? Will we be required to bail out the people of Fairbanks? hmmmmmm

You really don't understand the situation here, do you? It's not that CA is spending money it doesn't have on an annual basis. That situation was resolved. Budget surpluses for '18 and '19. Safety nets increasing year on year. Thank the Governator, and believe it or not, Moonbeam for kinda/sorta fixing that issue.

Unfortunately, some other issues are still there, and they dwarf the budget issue:

Unfunded liablities
Government debt
Government policies

A very good write up on it, and worthwhile reading for anyone in a purple state that's getting bluer year by year:

How are unfunded liabilities, government debt etc... not a budget issue?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

San Francisco's Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (say that three times fast) has an annual budget of $303,000,000. That's almost a Billion spent on bums ( or where else does the money go?) in the last three years. I have seen little improvement.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Unfunded liablities
Government debt
Government policies

Isn’t it heartwarming so many are concerned about us?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What I can’t figure out is why so many non-Californians care why we are here, worry about your own states, it’s coming your way just like it did us.

Why do you guys stay?
Don’t come here.

Because a lot of Americans understand the judicial process and understand that the stupidity that you and your ilk allow causes problems like the 9th District and we all realize that every case they purposely fugk up has to be corrected by the SCOTUS and this is a timely process.

On top of that, you often act like Texans.

Does this answer your question?

Um, talk about not understanding the process - those 9th district judges haven't been appointed by a Californian since 1988. Blame the state of the 9th circuit court of appeals on folks from Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois or Texas.

Sure thing, All Star.

Yowza - got me that time! I've been laid low by your debate prowess.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
California is a schit hole.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My house is paid for, and they will try to pass it on buisness first. My hope is that so many businesses will leave, they will reinstate it.

Barkoff you are a good guy and not part of the problem, same for Sal. but the place is going to hell in a hand basket around you and at some point getting out will be painful financially if not impossible.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Unfunded liablities
Government debt
Government policies

How are unfunded liabilities, government debt etc... not a budget issue?

Budget/money issue for certain. But it is different than "spending billions of dollars that they do not have". In fact, when it comes to infrastructure deterioration and unfunded liabilities, CA should be spending more, not less.

If you've got the 5 spare minutes, take the time to read the article. When it comes to public money, CA and AK (from what I read about your current situation) have a LOT in common.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry Scott cannot read the article due to my add blocker.... and I refuse to support fake news

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Barkoff you are a good guy and not part of the problem, same for Sal. but the place is going to hell in a hand basket around you and at some point getting out will be painful financially if not impossible.

I suck though, right? wink

Sorry Scott cannot read the article due to my add blocker.... and I refuse to support fake news

A negative article on California, in Forbes, is likely to be fake news? Really?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No Scott, I am concerned for your well being... wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
California is a schit hole.

Our Ca?
Never heard that before.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Question: Why do any of you of out of staters give a [bleep] about Ca anything? Why in hell don't you worry about your own state!? Lot of you fuggin' "red" states getting a bit liberal, right? Va come to mind? Nevada? It isn't just Ca folks; It's spreading. Not from Ca, from your own messed up voters, so called education, really messed up politicians.
And you blame us for your fears? I've said before, I'll say again: Look in the mirror. You may despise Ca, fine; Coming your way. LOOK IN THE [bleep] MIRROR!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No Scott, I am concerned for your well being... wink

I luv you too man...

But not in the ghey way.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,697
Posts18,494,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.