Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I've owned multiples of all of 'em.....1/2T gassers with the exception of Dodge. The current F150's, Silverados, and Sierras run circles around any Tundra we've ever owned. Ain't even close, and before you say it, they've been just as reliable, many with over 200k,

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TBREW401
The recall of 696,000 vehicles for fuel possible fuel pump issues is for cars, not trucks---

Wrong....

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
My Tundra started again this morning.

And it has one of the highest resale values out there.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've owned multiples of all of 'em.....1/2T gassers with the exception of Dodge. The current F150's, Silverados, and Sierras run circles around any Tundra we've ever owned. Ain't even close, and before you say it, they've been just as reliable, many with over 200k,

That's really cool.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

[Linked Image from ]

Last edited by 79S; 01/21/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There is one vehicle that will outlast the Tundra.

The Landcruiser....

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I'm driving my 2002 V-8 Tundra for 18yrs now.Zero major issues at 210K miles now and still gets 24-25miles per gallon on the highway..Still a great truck.Clear coat paint is flaking a little now.Never thought I'd drive one that long and was offered 6k cash for it.That is one good thing about the Toyotas,they have great resale value too.

No dog in this fight, but I know several owners. If the bold above is true, it belongs in the Smithsonian. Great trucks, but they refuse to pass up a gas station.

Clyde

Yeah, I highly doubt it's getting that kind of mileage. Mine averages 19mpg on highway trips.. That's actually better than my damn v6 Taco too...

OK for the non-believers,this work for you?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Have found none of the mpg results compiled by the car company on board computers are accurate.

Do it the right way by dividing miles driven on a tank by gallons needed to fill it again and you will get true mpg.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by cv540
Have found none of the mpg results compiled by the car company on board computers are accurate.

Do it the right way by dividing miles driven on a tank by gallons needed to fill it again and you will get true mpg.

I've checked it it's damn close.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Weird, tundra or domestic?

My tundra is pretty darn accurate on the MPG readout. I log all my data in Fuelly so I know the actual of each tank.

Sean
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Try a 1000 mile trip at realistic highway speeds and get back with us.

If Toyota used those telling examples for avg MPG they would be taken to court for false advertising. Driving 34 to 40 miles on the flat, while the people passing you say there goes Mother Goose is good for a smile at best.

Classic example of figures lie.

Last edited by battue; 01/22/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone else know a few people that always get 2-4 mpg better than anyone else? I know its possible, sometimes, if one is driving for fuel economy above
all else.

Mostly,
I just call it bullshidt!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

People who drive slower than 63 MPH tend to get better gas mileage because of wind drag ... but this applies to almost all trucks.

People who keep their foot out of their driving so they “don’t get cut off” by that Jerk... also get worse gas mileage.

smile

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BLG
I'm driving my 2002 V-8 Tundra for 18yrs now.Zero major issues at 210K miles now and still gets 24-25miles per gallon on the highway..Still a great truck.Clear coat paint is flaking a little now.Never thought I'd drive one that long and was offered 6k cash for it.That is one good thing about the Toyotas,they have great resale value too.

No dog in this fight, but I know several owners. If the bold above is true, it belongs in the Smithsonian. Great trucks, but they refuse to pass up a gas station.

Clyde

Yeah, I highly doubt it's getting that kind of mileage. Mine averages 19mpg on highway trips.. That's actually better than my damn v6 Taco too...

OK for the non-believers,this work for you?

No offense, but is this what you call 'highway" mileage? I could get my old 1999 dodge with 318 gas guzzler up to that if I went that slow too. Guess everyone's definition of highway is different.

Bring it on the interstate at 70 and let us know how it is then. Like I said, if it still gets 24-25mpg put it in the Smithsonian.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
...OK for the non-believers,this work for you?

This is proof your truck gets 25 mpg? Come on!

If I coast down a long hill with the engine off can I then claim 1,000,000 mpg?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SeanD
Weird, tundra or domestic?

My tundra is pretty darn accurate on the MPG readout. I log all my data in Fuelly so I know the actual of each tank.

"Fuelly" is an app I hadnt heard of, (actually never thought of a fuel mileage app but it only makes sense) and looks useful. Thanks for the idea.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The current F150's, Silverados, and Sierras run circles around any Tundra we've ever owned. Ain't even close, and before you say it, they've been just as reliable, many with over 200k,

Toyota drivers don't even start talking about reliability until 400,000, 200K is nothing on a Toyota and there are several at or near 1 million miles on the original engine and transmission. That said my current 1/2 ton is a Ford and I don't have a single complaint. I also have a 13 year old Tacoma that has been a darn good truck too.

When you start comparing Toyota to Ford/Chevy/Dodge you have to consider the very different approach Toyota takes to building a truck. Since I'm more familiar with Ford I'll use them as an example, but I'm sure Chevy and Dodge are very similar.

When you look at the towing and payload specs for Toyota the truck you buy will come very close to actually matching it. Tundra only offers 2 engines and 2 axle ratios (3.90 and 4.30). They only offer 1 wheelbase with 3 cab styles all on the same frame. They will all come very close to pulling/hauling what is in the brochure.

Ford offers 4 engines and 4 axle ratios, their only V8 is closer in size to the smaller Tundra V8. The lowest gearing you can get in a Ford is 3.73, but those are rare. Most 4X4 F150's come with 3.31 or 3.55 gears. Most 4X2's have 3.15 gears. Then they offer 4 cab styles on 4 different wheel bases. (one specific to the Raptor). And the higher trim levels offered by Ford make the trucks curb weight so heavy that it really cuts into payload. When you buy a Ford the tow and payload ratings are all over the place and usually are no where near the advertised ratings in their brochures. Some Tacomas will haul/tow more than a LOT of the F150's on the road and MOST Tundra's will haul/tow a LOT more than MOST of the F150's on the road.

Properly equipped a F150 will pull a much heavier trailer and have much more payload than you can get in a Tundra. But you have to choose carefully if buying a Ford. Most of the trucks they build are not designed for the type of use most of us need a truck for.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would slightly disagree JMR.

Most people, including most of the use for most of our members
could be done by a VW Bug. Especially, if it was AWD and had better
ground clearance. Sure, I haul big loads in my truck, sure, it has been
in some nasty crap. Most of its mikes have been just hauling ass.
Mine.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I got 2, a 04 with 133,000 miles, it’s my work/huntin rig, and a 18 crew max that doesn’t have 10,000 on it yet I use to pull the camp trailer trips etc. both great trucks, I’ve had Toyota pickups since I was 16, never own another brand..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Dunno how folks get such good mileage, the 04 standard cab gets 14 mpg, my big one doesn’t get much better

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 66 invisible), 3,246 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,380
Posts18,469,532
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.