Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
5 white tails and counting.

One caved my fender in while I was stopped at a stop sign.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yes.

Lots of deer.

Beef cow.

Extreme close calls with black bears, elk and 1 wolf.

Last edited by Tarkio; 01/13/20.

Montana MOFO
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I live 6 miles from the road killed deer capital of the world Crane Montana. I was driving through there one night and took out three white tails at once. No damage to pickup, thank God for grill guards.

Last edited by montanabadger; 01/13/20.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My sister's best friend was driving a minivan with her mom, dad, and her two young children. She hit a doe that came through the windshield and killed her. That family was devastated in an instant.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Totaled out my grandfather's pickup on a black cow.

Also killed millions of deer.

I once hit one so hard that his horns popped off. Straight up into the air.

Only left a grease mark on the Ranch Hand bumper.

High speed road race one morning at 0200 hours to get to 4B's for a chicken fried steak. I got around him....pretty easy.

Speeds over 100.

Nailed a deer.

Had to slow down after that because I couldn't see well over the buckled hood. I still won though. They all had to stop and wash the deer particulate matter off their windshields.

I guess beer will wash the blood and guts off the glass pretty well.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hit a big buck way up on the Taconic Parkway in my Monte Carlo ss,messed up my baby but good.then hit a big doe in my brand new Ford explorer,I can t believe,the air bags didn t go off, over 3 grand in damage.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Buddy of mine put a tall steel bumper on the front of his pickup. He said if he hit the brakes at the same time he hit the deer broadsided there usually wasn't too much meat damage. grin

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Minus 30C driving on an icy highway and a herd of deer started to cross slipping as they went. I was able to slow down almost to a stop and one doe that went to the left ditch tried to come back across. Passenger corner of the grill caught her head and snapped the next. I was going so slow I stopped right where I hit her. Minus 30 the plastic front grill on the 2008 Chev just shattered into pieces. Called Fish and Wildlife and asked about keeping the deer --- we can get a found dead tag and they said no drag it to the ditch as it was in a CWD zone and they would pick it up for disposal.

Hugh
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
My Frontier replacement bumper killed a bigger buck than I did last year. Didn’t even scratch the paint.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
I hit a Shetland pony about ten years ago. I was lucky. He came out in the middle of the freeway, but backed up. I hit his head and neck going 70. It did 1200.00 damage. Dead pony of course.

I hit my first deer two weeks ago in downtown Georgetown, Texas. She came out of the HEB parking lot. I was only going about 30, came out of nowhere. Dead deer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload image online

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I hit a cow about midnight. 70 mph makes for quite a thump. And a new ride.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Evening, only 2 deer, Chevy nova (total write off) 69 Chevy 1/2ton (rad grill) 4 turkeys no damage except last one cost me a hood for the matrix. Worked afternoons at Napoleon BBQ, picked up 6 or 7 deer on the way home one summer, only had to through out one because of damage. Used it for coyote bait & shot a couple of yotes off it. I had so much deer meat & pepperets I was giving it away. Bill out. 🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Only ever hit one deer. Killed her and cost $6300 to fix the car. Never saw her coming. I ws only doing maybe 40, she was at least that fast, cleared the bypass lane, cleared the shoulder and made it to the middle of the ditch. Broke her neck when I hit her. Many, many close calls most with deer, but also bear and Moose.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My two most memorable animal vs. Car accidents in my 28 year emergency medicine career. A woman who took a wild turkey to the chest that came through her windshield at about 75mph. She had massive head, neck, chest trauma. Saw her at a "reunion" deal the hospital did a year later, doing well.
Second was a guy in a ford explorer who hit a massive domestic pig. We had to cut him out of the car and flew him to a trauma center. The pig was walking around the yard with a big bruise on it's side. That pig was a "yard pig" that just hunt out around the farm house for years. Had to be around 500 pounds.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hit a deer dead center of the grill with my 83 Subaru. The grill caved in, the hood latch let go and the hood popped open so I couldn't see. I was going about 55 around a curve and realized I was on the wrong side of the road so I looked under the hood and saw a driveway on the right where I managed to get it stopped. It was in the repair shop for 2 or 3 weeks and a week after I got it back another deer stepped out in front of me. This time I swerved and it's nose hit the antenna and the little ball on the end whacked my windshield. It became one of those long spider cracks so I had to replace that.
Another time a young deer raced down off the bank and right into my left front wheel well. Not much damage to the truck but the deer didn't make out so well.
My wife had a nice buck jump out in front of her a few years back and she clobbered it. The thing got back up and ran out of sight across a field. About a minute later she heard a shot. (It was deer season.) We wondered if that poor deer had Subaru tattooed on the ribs when they skinned it.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2019 oct ...moose at 55/59 .... 0630am rite in the head ,,,insurane gave me 16000g....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good time to tell my truck driver buddy story...drove thu a bunch of boo,,,with a tarp side 45 footer... a boo ended up betwee the cab and trailer ...and a hunk of meat an fur was on every hook for the entire length.. ouch lol

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A deer ran into the side of my truck, one hog, one alligator, and came really close to hitting cow on a curve

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Lord have mercy NO, deer are plenty.

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
In 30 yrs since I’ve been license, never hit a deer. Traveled all over North America hunting.

Driving for NJ to Montana in mid April to look at some properties, try to kill a spring bear and spend a few months ch3 king things out. Should I add a big Azz grill guard to this bumper I built or will it be enough to roll them under the truck as opposed to over the hood?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 19 invisible), 1,661 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,998
Posts18,481,181
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.