Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Jim_B Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
It just really irks me to see numbnuts like Martin Sheen, Sheryl Crow, and Janine Garofalo make such outlandish comments about President Bush and the United States in general.

I have gone to the NBC contact-us site at

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/footer/Contact_Us.shtml

and thru the pull down window midway of the page and have informed them that I will no longer watch that show because of the political position of Martin Sheen.

I think that if there is enough feedback this time and actual follow thru then maybe some of them will get the message.

Jim b.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You may not like what they say, but be glad they have the right to say it. If they couldn't say what they think, you would not be living in the USA. Next time you here someone badmouth the president, even if you don't agree with them, thank God that you live in a country where people are free to voice dissent and support their rights to disagree. It's what makes this country great. Rick

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He did not say that they did not have the right to make fools of themselves by saying stupid and disrespectful things. He just said that he was tired of these idiots.

[Linked Image from ]
Jim_B Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Actually, I have less problem with Martin Sheen than I do the Garofalo woman.

He just says "I oppose the war in Iraq beqause XXX" and then he acts on his opinion. OK, I dont agree with him but he has the right to say it. Just as I have the right to say to his employer that so long as he is employed on "The West Wing" that I will no longer watch that show.

The Garofalo woman said

"So when I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me.'"

"'We're here, we're queer!' -- that's what makes my heart swell. Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked up with pride."

-- Janeanne Garofalo

That is the one that I have the greatest grief with.

How about this one

�In my country the atmosphere is poisoned. Unbreathable for those of us who are not on the right. So thank you for inviting me to this festival and allowing me to leave there for a few days.�

-- Jessica Lange

How about this

"I don't really view communism as a bad thing."

- Whoopi Goldberg

"I'm saying that the moral climate within the ruling class in this country is not that different from the moral climate within the ruling class of Hitler's Germany."

-- David Clennon

Penn Likes Osama More than Stern and O�Reilly

�I think that people like the Howard Sterns, the Bill O'Reillys and to a lesser degree the bin Ladens of the world are making a horrible contribution [to society]. I'd like to trade O'Reilly for bin Laden. [O'Reilly] is a grumpy, self-loathing joke," Penn told the magazine.�

You Say You Want a Revolution?

�I don�t know if people value the thought of revolution any more. I think it would be an enormously patriotic movement to invest in the possibility of revolution.

�You guys misprinted me. You had me talking about some kind of cultural revolution, and I was talking about taking arms against the government.... I don�t know if revolution is practical because the technology is such that we�d lose. But I think there�s an enormous amount of room for an activism that I, shamefully, am not yet enough of a participant in. But it�s starting to come. You see these kids now.... Nothing like Seattle happened in 20 years. It is a very hopeful thing.�

Source: http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/sep2001/penn-s03.shtml

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 27 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,501
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.