Trump Won!
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I don’t dress up with boots much.

Have a couple nice pair of Anderson Beans.

You probably have a set of camo crocs or something......

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Bought a pair of these in 2000 for $105. Wore nearly daily for close to 10 years before they finally wore through. 2 sets of heels. But the sole was still good. Super comfortable.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

oh yeah!!! double H are my favorite, wearing a pair right now as I type. I have 2 pairs of them, they will not wear out!! They do take longer to break in than most boots. I have replaced the heals on both of mine. They use buffalo hide in quite a few models of their ice boots. The buffalo hide seems to stay looking better longer. I just throw some danner boot dressing on the scratches and they go away.

they have the comfort of a work boot but they don't lose their style with a foam padded sole,like the ariat work hogs etc. The bottoms some how are quite grippy for what they are, yet the main sole is lasting forever. I may get 3 heels on mine before the main sole is done. ariats are kinda a mass produced boot. double h has a noticeable uptick in quality.

I do want to try some dan post boots, I also want some of the square toe tacovas, I have more boots than my wife has shoes, LOL if tacovas comes out with a square toe in ostrich, I will not be able to help myself.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 01/13/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I don’t dress up with boots much.

Have a couple nice pair of Anderson Beans.

You probably have a set of camo crocs or something......

Hush yo mouf....

Cushy going to town shoes are Sanuks.

Like a vacation for your feet. Go with long pants or short britches.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I also want some of the square toe tacovas

i have em, the mexican boots. not as stable as ariats but a step above. have ordered a pair of the RTIC tecovas knockoffs to see wtf ...

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Justin ropers are the standard by which all roper-style boots are judged.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by n8dawg6

i have em, the mexican boots. not as stable as ariats but a step above. have ordered a pair of the RTIC tecovas knockoffs to see wtf ...

holy crap, I thought you were joking about the tecova knockoffs. those cueros which I have heard of really are Rtic, LOL. They are supposed to be great boots. They don't offer many styles, their boots look kinda plain looking to me and I don't really like the toe shape. let us know how you like em.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

holy crap, I thought you were joking about the tecova knockoffs. those cueros which I have heard of really are Rtic, LOL. They are supposed to be great boots. They don't offer many styles, their boots look kinda plain looking to me and I don't really like the toe shape. let us know how you like em.

They’re made in Leon, Mexico. “Leather capital of the world”. I worked there for the year of 2017. Bought lots of purses and several pairs of boots for my family for cheap. American makers go down there. Order their 10,000 pairs or whatever, then the Mexican manufacturers have all the patterns and copy and sale locally. Boots. Costs. Purses. Everything. Across from our hotel was the “leather district. Probably 5 blocks square with nothing but these barrow stores selling leather goods. Was fun to walk around and see how far they’d come down in price. I picked up some cocodrillo (crocodile) skin for $125. They look awesome, but are tight across the instep. Gotta get them stretched.

Last edited by Cheesy; 01/13/20.
N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N

will do. im actually ok w the round toes, kinda burned out on square toe boots. i expect these to be almost exactly like tecovas, with some cut corners here and there. i love the tecovas but ive never had a problem w boots that have a smaller/more narrow fit.

N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Cheesy

They’re made in Leon, Mexico. “Leather capital of the world”. I worked there for the year of 2017. Bought lots of purses and several pairs of boots for my family for cheap. American makers go down there. Order their 10,000 pairs or whatever, then the Mexican manufacturers have all the patterns and copy and sale locally. Boots. Costs. Purses. Everything. Across from our hotel was the “leather district. Probably 5 blocks square with nothing but these barrow stores selling leather goods. Was fun to walk around and see how far they’d come down in price. I picked up some cocodrillo (crocodile) skin for $125. They look awesome, but are tight across the instep. Gotta get them stretched.

that sounds about right. then again it aint tough to make boots better than china does.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don’t like the new square toe boots,

It took me a long time. The turning point for me was when someone pointed out that square toes weren't so new. In fact most boots worn by real working cowboys and the cavalry back in the 1800's had square toes. The more pointed toes became a thing as a fashion statement starting in the 1960's according to the research I've done. Going back and looking at photos of the older Western movies and working cowboys from the 1800's shows almost all wore square toe boots.

After figuring that out I've decided to accept them. And the Ariat's I have with square toes are more comfortable to me than the more modern round toes.

The difference between riding boots and ropers is in the heel and shaft height. Doesn't matter if they are lace up or pull on. Most riding boots have a taller shaft to protect the legs and a tall heel to keep the boots from sliding too far into the stirrup. Ropers were a specially designed boot for rodeo calf roping events. Since they must dismount and run a lighter boot with a shorter shaft is better. A lower heel isn't as good in the saddle, but easier to run in to tie off the calf. People have found that if they are on their feet for long periods of time instead of in the saddle ropers are more comfortable.

Check out the square toe boots from this classic western movie.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14465963#Post14465963

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I also like Double H boots. Their nicer boots are made in the USA, too. Not sure if Ariat still makes any in the US as every pair of seen of theirs in the past 5 years all say China.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

will do. im actually ok w the round toes, kinda burned out on square toe boots. i expect these to be almost exactly like tecovas, with some cut corners here and there. i love the tecovas but ive never had a problem w boots that have a smaller/more narrow fit.
. I saw a guy review the cueros and he said in many ways they were better than tecovas

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Ariat schitkickers have kicked a lot of schitt.
I like 'em.

Proud NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I bought a pair many years ago that were made of bullhide. I didn't really care that they were made of bullhide when I bought them. I just liked the boots. I had them around forever,...put them through hell,..and they wouldn't even scuff.

I eventually got old enough that I started to prefer Clark's loafers over boots, so I hauled them to the Goodwill. I bet somebody's still wearing them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Salmonella
My Ariat schitkickers have kicked a lot of schitt.
I like 'em.

Yep.

That's what my working boots are.

Saw them at Cavender's and they said waterproof, so I took a chance, and damned if they aren't! smile

I hate wet feet, and I have to go walk around in mud and muck much too often. They work and last!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N

N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
I saw a guy review the cueros and he said in many ways they were better than tecovas

im sure its possible but i have to think theyre more alike than different. tecovas is excellent at communication, i can say that

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Oh, you mean cowboy boots. Except they have a walking heel. Okay.

I don't know that I have ever known anyone who actually bought cowboy boots with a flat walking heel. Though we do see a lot of pull on work boots in the factory. But that is a different issue.

I will not wear a dogger heel. They roll over and break down too quickly. But a two inch slightly underslung riding heel with a semi round toe is where it's at. I have a new pair of 'Lamas on order in bull hide right now.

I used to be able to walk into the local boot places and pick a pair of anacondas, or boas, or shark, or pythons, or sea turtle, or lizard, or gator, or ostrich, or elephant, or African antelope, or water buffalo, or bison all in the same store in Tony Lama, or Justin, or Nacona.

My favorite boot in history was a Nacona in elk hide. They wore like iron in the absolute worst conditions and were comfortable for twenty hour days on concrete. But the last time I saw a pair was in 1981.

I used to live in Tony Lama African antelopes. They had a nice textured surface, and the grain goes all the way through the leather, making them very scuff resistant.

But today, the best I can find locally is a selection of a dozen pair. Most with a square toe, and half with a 5/8 inch welt. The dealer only had two which I would even recognize as a cowboy boot. Both were in bullhide. Neither was in stock in my size. Both were discontinued styles. He finally found a pair of 10EE somewhere and is having them shipped in.

I am very reticent to purchase boots online. Though I know there is a good selection of leathers and styles from online vendors, there is no way to know the fit.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 49 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,065
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.