Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We have had one of the mildest winters I can remember. Back in November, we had a week of cold and some snow, but that's been pretty much it. I've not had to break ice but a few times this winter, not that I'm complaining about that. We've had thunderstorms, tornados, and lots of rain, all more indicative of spring than winter. The buttercups and tulips are coming up, and it just feels funny to see that, with this being mid-January.

While I do not believe the global warming caused by man thing, there is no doubt in my mind that something is going on. I know the weather can run in cycles, and always has, and always will. I also know that others will have their own opinion on this, and the weather may be "normal" where they live.............but it's not been normal here in my part of Kentucky this winter.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Here in Iowa, winter is just getting started. We have lot's of time for Old man Winter to strut his stuff.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Winter is here in Fargo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mid-January still leaves late January and all of February of course.

But given your status as an old Farmer, if you say something’s odd it prob’ly is.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We haven’t had any, grass is still green

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep, somethings off.

Probably the demonrats trying to build momentum for the election

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's caused by the Sportsman Channel, which is now running six hours of fishing shows every day.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No problem finding it here. 18" of snow on the ground and 19 degrees as I type.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It has been mild here in the Northeast since the early cold and snow in November, but that is not unusual. I can remember many years when we had a warm Christmas or January. It was 70 here on Saturday, but it's back down to freezing since Monday. Snow is predicted for Saturday. It's called climate and weather. The weathermen struggle to accurately predict weather more than a day or two in advance, yet they want us to believe there is "man made" climate change. Hogwash.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's here now! 4 below as I write this. I think Jim and Sam and the other Hi-line guys can top that by probably 10 degrees or so!

It's not sunrise yet---it will be colder then!

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
High 77-80* here nearly all ''winter'' plenty of skeeters makes for great hunting and that good ole down home feeling at Christmas . [SUPER SARCASM] ....
Weather dummies constantly predict 50*ish temps but it never happens , if it does it's one day and not the five they predicted .
My younger brother and i use to send each other screen shots of the weather prediction entertainers and laugh . He loved cracking jokes about the Almanac and its believers .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
17 below here in northern North Dakota. Wind chill way down. Ed k

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Somethings changed. We used to get ice and snow during January duck season. Ice thick enough you could walk on it. Haven't had that for 5-6 years. To have multiple 50-60 degree days in January would be record setting a decade ago. Now, its the norm.

I don't know what it is. I would like some cool weather back though.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Probably gonna be a brutal February. Two of my azaleas bloomed last night or this morning. Wild spring onions are coming up and some of the grass is greening, but the rut is still a week or two away.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Probably gonna be a brutal February. Two of my azaleas bloomed last night or this morning. Wild spring onions are coming up and some of the grass is greening, but the rut is still a week or two away.

Rut -----don't forget the thermacell ...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Jet Stream hasn't dipped down in the East

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It came out here. Its about 5 F here and a couple hundred miles north they're pushing 40 below. Started out wimpy but we've got a little shot of winter now. Back to rain right around the freezing mark here Saturday.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
This may be the third winter in a row I don't even turn on my snow blower here on the North Coast.

It's called global warming. It's a fact. You can argue about how fast it's happening and what part is caused by humans but you can't argue that it's happening.

I kiind of like it. No problem unless you live on some island in the Pacific (so far).

Our company used to pass out popsicles to everyone whenever the temperature reached an official 90 degrees by 3:00 PM. Once or twice a year we sould do this. 15 years ago it got so we were doing it 10 times each Summer. We stopped doing it.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is still winter here and will be until April.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I started paying close attention to the weather radar last winter because we had record setting rain for several months. The pattern was always the same. Everything was coming up out of the gulf into Alabama,...then it would hook east over Tennessee, Kentucky, and Southern Ohio. Often, it was centered over Kentucky after it made its turn to the east. It's doing much the same this winter,...but not exactly and not as often. It's strong enough that it's keeping the jet stream pushed up north.

It's in the low 50's in central Kentucky today,....supposed to hit the high 60's tomorrow.

It's unusual,....but I don't think it's anything too strange. It's just the way things are swirling right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.