Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

He does answer prayers.

99.9999999999999% of the time the answer seems
to be this >

AS,

You and I have touched base here a little bit, shared our position briefly, talked firearms and cartridges somewhat more than we have our personal perspectives.

On this matter, not that it means much to you, but I tend to agree with you.
"Answers" to my own personal prayers usually result me feeling like I just got the big "GFY."

The believers here must remember the time John the Baptist was in prison. He had some doubts about this Jesus character and asked his buddies to investigate the situation, and the man Jesus. This of course was some time after Jesus had preached out of the Book of Isaiah "The spirit of the Lord is upon me to preach the good news, heal the sick, give the blind sight, make the lame walk, AND set the captives/prisoners free...."

Jesus told John's buddies, "Hey, go tell 'ol Johnny boy that ALL these things are being done, I'm doing it just like I said I would...ummm...however, about this prison situation you find yourself in...well...ahh... ummm...ah well..John you're not going to be one of those prisoners that gets set free. So John, it's probably best if you dont take offense concerning this disappointing news..." (of course I'm paraphrasing here). But that was the deal...no dice.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I agree, I dont believe God answers prayers- from unbelievers.

Then there should be clear evidence to support that proposition, better outcomes for believers, divine intervention, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

smile

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Then there should be clear evidence to support that proposition, better outcomes for believers, divine intervention, etc.

That's biblically kinda ignorant...he even answered satan's "prayer" to screw with Job.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT

Best they can do is rely on the power of imagination as to cause and effect through their beliefs involving Bibilcal scripture fables and superstitions that were scribed by self interest driven Hebrew and christian radicals.

Ask christians what God did with the physical flesh
and blood body of Jesus that was alleged to have ascended to heaven. And what possible use or value
such would be in a spiritual realm.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 358wsm
Originally Posted by DBT

That's biblically kinda ignorant...he even answered satan's "prayer" to screw with Job.

God is described as having a friendly wager with His angel, Satan, giving instructions on how far Satan could go in testing Job's faith, the limits being set by God himself, obeyed by Satan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Um, this has been fun but exactly which nonbelievers are praying to Him so He as prayers to answer?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

God is described as having a friendly wager with His angel, Satan, giving instructions on how far Satan could go in testing Job's faith, the limits being set by God himself, obeyed by Satan.

Exactly.

Since "prayer" is conversing with God, satan, the "unbeliever" was then praying/conversing to/with God.

And too, many came to jesus as unbelievers, spoke with him, and left as new believers.?
Hint: Many if not most.

But really, I'm more interested in the "Hunting Rifles" and "Free Classifieds" forums than the "How Many Are Dancing On The Head Of A Pin" forums, so I'll leave you fellas to your conversation. laugh

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Satan wasn't a nonbeliever. He believed, all right.
James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

They're under eternal punishment for their rebellion against God. They know full well who Jesus is and they know what's coming for them. Angels seem to have full access to God, even the fallen ones. In Job, Satan has the ability to approach God directly...for now.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Exactly.

Since "prayer" is conversing with God, satan, the "unbeliever" was then praying/conversing to/with God.

And too, many came to jesus as unbelievers, spoke with him, and left as new believers.?
Hint: Many if not most.

But really, I'm more interested in the "Hunting Rifles" and "Free Classifieds" forums than the "How Many Are Dancing On The Head Of A Pin" forums, so I'll leave you fellas to your conversation. laugh

Yes, I know that any unbelievers who want God to make them believers and ask Him into their heart, He will.

Asking for other things, I doubt. He says to believe you will receive. I dont think unbelievers believe when they ask, or else they wouldnt be unbelievers.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
One thing I'll have to confess, when I pray, many times, I'll hold up, and include, 'Thy will be done".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ain't reading all the pages, but I will say this with certainty. God has spoken to me more than once and has also answered my prayers more than once. Thank you Jesus. To God be the glory!

Say what you will, I have a PERSONAL relationship with Jesus Christ.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sakoluvr, I'll say what I like, that is more than great. Praise be to Our Lord.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

They're under eternal punishment for their rebellion against God. They know full well who Jesus is and they know what's coming for them. Angels seem to have full access to God, even the fallen ones. In Job, Satan has the ability to approach God directly...for now.

The role of satan in Judaism is to fulfill gods plan, to do the will of God by playing the adversary. Doing exactly as God orders in the book of Job. Satan just refers to anyone playing the role of adversary. Christianity altered the idea and role of Satan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It must be miserable to be Antelope Sniper.

Someday he's going to be very, very sick, slowly dying as he gets old. It's going to be absolutely miserable. And he won't have any hope for anything better than trying to put a bullet in his own head. Because his suffering has no value, there's nothing redemptive about it, it's just gazing into the maw of blackness.
He'll look back on his life and realize how senseless it was, just an automaton-like pursuit of temporary pleasure. The bad times will seem simply like failure. They won't have had any value. He might as well sucked on a bottle his entire life.

Nihilism is an ugly thing. Suicide is the Nihilist's only answer to suffering. frown

Politics is War by Other Means
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yes. So I’m very careful for what I pray for. Because God "works in mysterious ways".

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bob, that is why I think it is best to ask for His will to be done.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Rock,

Yes that's true.
I was meaning "believer" as one putting his trust in Jesus, and having relationship with him... a belief that is beyond an intellectual belief.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Praying to Santa has the same statistical outcomes as praying to god, just saying...

Read The Case For Miracles. It proves this statement false.

Lee Strobel, really??

And in what journal was this peer reviewed by the scientific community?

This notion that only that which has been "peer reviewed" is true, or likely to be correct, is illogical, authoritarian nonsense. It utterly begs the salient question.

Tarquin
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Tyrone
It must be miserable to be Antelope Sniper.

Someday he's going to be very, very sick, slowly dying as he gets old. It's going to be absolutely miserable. And he won't have any hope for anything better than trying to put a bullet in his own head. Because his suffering has no value, there's nothing redemptive about it, it's just gazing into the maw of blackness.
He'll look back on his life and realize how senseless it was, just an automaton-like pursuit of temporary pleasure. The bad times will seem simply like failure. They won't have had any value. He might as well sucked on a bottle his entire life.

Nihilism is an ugly thing. Suicide is the Nihilist's only answer to suffering. frown

Hahahaha that literally was pathetic.

Some how now we will be suicidal? Hahahahha you christians are a fugged up breed....

Page 13 of 34 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,799
Posts18,496,275
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.