Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's amazing how quickly health can fail and age catches up to you. It was only about 10 years ago I had 3 pretty big contractors come at me and I stood my ground and backed them down. My neighbor saw and she couldn't believe I stood my ground. I told her they just saved at least one of their own lives. She said do you have a gun on you. I said no but but the first guy was going to get punched in the throat.

She said he was bigger than you, I said not by much and he looked slow. She said why did you step forward when they come at you. I said I learned that working Forensic psych, it puts you in closer than the ideal strike zone unless their good with elbows and it shows them you're crazy too. I was 6'3" 270 at the time and benching 385. I was going to the gym a lot and felt I could give it a good go.

Now my health is much worse and I find myself more interested in carry guns. I never used to be much of a pistol guy but I have a family to protect and I'm not in the shape I used to be.

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
So, them midgets were trying to pick a fight, hey?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
It's amazing how quickly health can fail and age catches up to you. It was only about 10 years ago I had 3 pretty big contractors come at me and I stood my ground and backed them down. My neighbor saw and she couldn't believe I stood my ground. I told her they just saved at least one of their own lives. She said do you have a gun on you. I said no but but the first guy was going to get punched in the throat.

She said he was bigger than you, I said not by much and he looked slow. She said why did you step forward when they come at you. I said I learned that working Forensic psych, it puts you in closer than the ideal strike zone unless their good with elbows and it shows them you're crazy too. I was 6'3" 270 at the time and benching 385. I was going to the gym a lot and felt I could give it a good go.

Now my health is much worse and I find myself more interested in carry guns. I never used to be much of a pistol guy but I have a family to protect and I'm not in the shape I used to be.

Bb

Cubic inches and reach/leverage are probably more important than the bench, but it doesn't hurt! I'm 5'3", 175, with a 350 bench, at 65. I have to be willing to seriously damage someone. No chance, otherwise. Too small.

Last edited by benchman; 01/15/20.
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"I had 3 pretty big contractors come at me and I stood my ground and backed them down."

If you feel threatened you start shooting instead of trying to back them down.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems to me that there are no "rules" when a person is attacked.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody call an ambulance

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That guy has a white beard, but he's not all that old. I'd guess he's in his mid 50's,...definitely not old enough to be a Vietnam veteran,....and it's obvious that age hasn't diminished his condition. He's strong as a bull and hyper. (He's also mentally ill,...but that's beside the point)

That old black woman on the bus could see it,...she knew what was coming,...

"Lee dat wy main alone."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
That guy has a white beard, but he's not all that old. I'd guess he's in his mid 50's,...definitely not old enough to be a Vietnam veteran,....and it's obvious that age hasn't diminished his condition. He's strong as a bull and hyper. (He's also mentally ill,...but that's beside the point)

"Lee dat wy main alone."

he was 60 something.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
the black guy was 50

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter

"Lee dat wy main alone."

he was 60 something.

okay,....but age is relative when it comes to a man's physical condition,...and you can see by the way he carried himself that Epic Beard Man was still capable when that video was made.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
. . . I will bite chunks of flesh off someone if I have to.

- You got teef?

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
He was 65.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter

"Lee dat wy main alone."

he was 60 something.

okay,....but age is relative when it comes to a man's physical condition,...and you can see by the way he carried himself that Epic Beard Man was still capable when that video was made.

yes he was

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I walk with a cane, thanks to a motorcycle wreck 6 years ago that nearly took my left foot off. The bottom three inches of the tip are poured full of lead. Hopefully, that will buy me enough time if I'm assaulted to draw and fire if the guy who is attacking me doesn't get the message to back off.
Jerry

i had a similar relationship with a motorcycle, leaving me with the back issues and leg issues i have today.
i have been meaning to buy forever one of those irish walking sticks with a big knob on the end, or a big brass handle
cane.
an old man can do a lot with a cane. we once had a WWI vet, an old man, renting from us. he got jumped one night on the way home from the bars. two young guys, he beat the crap out of them. the cops arrested the young guys.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I pray I am never involved in a physical fight. At 57 with two bad knees, half an artificial shoulder joint and degenerative disc disease I am afraid I would get my ass kicked.

Too much biking will do that to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So much for putting a foot up his ass. Somebody leaking and it wasn't Mr White Beard

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't hunt them, and may not win fights anymore, but any instigator will dam sure have to earn a win.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
fight fair lol, i'm 1/4 apche and 1/4 spanish/mescan.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You wear pointy boots?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
an old man can do a lot with a cane.

Look up the "Bubba Stik" on the internet. It's basically a hardwood dowel with a brass horse collar hame for a handle. I'm making one of my own right now, using a 100 year old hame, a 3/4" dowel, and 2" diameter wooden balls drilled out and glued together almost the full length of the shaft. The hollow brass knob is going to get filled with lead shot and epoxy glue.

https://www.smkw.com/bubba-stik-walking-cane

Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

431 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 38 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,704
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.