Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They charged them formally. Felony charges, no less.

New info I hadn't heard before in this article... Like that the buck ran off, and was never seen again.

Glad they prosecuted them.

Two people accused of repeatedly kicking a wounded deer in the head and pulling off its antler were charged Friday with aggravated cruelty to animals and other offenses.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission filed charges against Alexander Brock Smith, 18, and an unnamed 17-year-old, for what was described in an arrest warrant as the torture of the buck that the 17-year-old had shot and wounded.

Video of the November attack circulated quickly on social media and generated outrage, along with pressure on investigators to solve the case.

Smith was arraigned Friday and released on $50,000 unsecured bail. Messages were left seeking comment from attorneys for both defendants. The 17-year-old was charged as a juvenile, and court records in his case were not immediately available. A message was left with the county prosecutor.

Smith's arrest affidavit said both defendants told investigators what occurred after the 17-year-old shot the whitetail deer while hunting from a tree stand on Smith's family property in a remote region, about 75 miles (120 kilometers) northeast of Pittsburgh. Both defendants live in Brookville.

The younger defendant shot the deer at about noon on Nov. 30, and he missed as he attempted to shoot the deer a second time. The 17-year-old told investigators he did not have another round of live ammunition with him.

“He and Smith began to repeatedly kick and stomp the deer, attempting to kill the deer,” according to the police affidavit.

The deer appeared to be temporarily paralyzed and was seen on video struggling with each kick, while Smith stood on the animal's back leg, the Game Commission charged.

The video showed the right antler was removed from the animal — it was later recovered from the 17-year-old's home.

The deer ran off and has not been located, Game Commission spokesman Travis Lau said. Investigators searched the area and used dogs, to no avail.

“We did find other deer that had either been shot or road kills that were in there and unrecovered, but we didn't come up with any evidence that contradicted what they told us, that the deer had run off,” Lau said.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nat...eotaped-kicking-of-wounded-deer/2258469/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Good news.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'd bet they'll get some stomping in jail if the other convicts realize who they are. I hope they are over 18....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think that I would have looked the other way. It is a good thing that youth are hunting.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cruelty to animals, torturing while laughing about it is a sign that is often in a serial murderer's past.

Some people are lacking empathy and either learn it or are wired that way, I'm not sure.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MM879
I think that I would have looked the other way. It is a good thing that youth are hunting.

That's as wrong as wrong can be.

Geez.

Should we look the other way when teens are out robbing banks because at least they are getting out of the house, and not playing video games?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Judging from their actions I don't think either of them are ever going to be hunters /sportsman......Thats just really bad wiring and IMO looking the other way is certainly not the answer !! Catching and prosecuting is!!!

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EQFD193
Judging from their actions I don't think either of them are ever going to be hunters /sportsman......Thats just really bad wiring and IMO looking the other way is certainly not the answer !! Catching and prosecuting is!!!

+1

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
That's good news.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Geez.

Should we look the other way when teens are out robbing banks because at least they are getting out of the house, and not playing video games?

The boys shot a deer while hunting. They were not successful. They tried to terminate the animal after the failed shot. They failed.
End of story. No banks or serial killers were involved,,, ass whole

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Geez.

The boys shot a deer while hunting. They were not successful. They tried to terminate the animal after the failed shot. They failed.

That's NOT what happened. Not at all.

But, keep sticking up for them. The anti's love that stuff.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Geez.

What, no knife? How were they going to field dress? Kicking a deer to death, and you'd look the other way? Some ethical hunter you must be MM879

Last edited by shootbrownelk; 01/14/20.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Some ethical hunter you must be MM879

That's how we get teenagers with no hunting ethics.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The locals should beat the hide off of them for being assclowns, then nut them so they don't produce more assclowns.

I've been kind of hoping that a couple of local boys would deal with this on their own !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Geez.

That's NOT what happened. Not at all.

But, keep sticking up for them. The anti's love that stuff.

I take my chances on young kids. Sometimes Men have to make a decision.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Geez.

Agreed. That same logic should be one to be ecstatic that a poacher is teaching his kids his well honed craft.

Last edited by IZH27; 01/14/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What a dumbass!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I take my chances on young kids. Sometimes Men have to make a decision.

Part of teaching youth to hunt is teaching them the right way.

Someone made some BAD decisions.

BTW, these "teens" are legally adults. One is 17 the other is 18.

They are charged, and will be prosecuted as adults.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
that's right the board admin should take his quilt away

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Geez.

We can all identify the ass whole in this thread and it ain't Rockinbbar!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 7887mm08, AussieGunWriter, B52RadarNav, 35, 9 invisible), 1,404 guests, and 861 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,251
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.