Hop To
Page 19 of 34 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 33 34
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by TF49
Nope, look up definitions for nihilism. Tyrone is yet again correct.

But, let’s go back to your assertion of “no more.”

You made it but the absence of your reply seems telling.

What about it?

Is both of you googles broke...

ni·hil·ism
/ˈnīəˌlizəm,ˈnēəˌlizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless

You only looked far enough to find a convenient answer.....

Try again.....

Nihilism..... philosophy that is antithetical to that which is reputedly meaningful in life......postmodernism rejection of theism “entails nihilism.”

But, when debating this subject, be aware that some will use the word “nihilism” and then narrowly define it so they can deny it in themselves. Of course, this can work both ways. Prolly a waste of time to discuss further.

So, back to a more relevant subject.... do you believe that “you” cease to exist when you are “no more?”

If so, why.....

Anyway, I gotta get to my agenda for the day..... til’ later.

Last edited by TF49; 01/15/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is both of you googles broke...

ni·hil·ism
/ˈnīəˌlizəm,ˈnēəˌlizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless
That definition is incorrect. EVERYBODY has religious and moral principles. They just aren't necessarily Christian.

Politics is War by Other Means
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
You realize, you two brainiacs are not arguing the definition of the word with me, but yet the english language? I didn’t write the dictionary...

According to the “good book” in this sense, the dictionary, you two diddlers are wrong.... very very wrong.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You realize, you two brainiacs are not arguing the definition of the word with me, but yet the english language? I didn’t write the dictionary...

According to the “good book” in this sense, the dictionary, you two diddlers are wrong.... very very wrong.

So, I take it that you would rather forget your statement about ceasing to exist at your death.

You would rather stick to arguing word definitions.

Safer for you because you don’t have to back up what you say nor even explain your comments.

But, I will try again..... why do you seem certain that “you” will “no more” at your death? How could you possibly know this?

The answer is that you cannot know this, but you speak like it is incontrovertible fact.

Last edited by TF49; 01/15/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
"There are no atheists in foxholes"

My dad's best friend died on the operating table. When they brought him back he claims to have been to the other side. He stood outside the gates of Heaven but no one was there to let him in...then a vile woman on a horse came up on him, read his sons' names from a list and mentioned the whole "sins of the father" thing. Finally the woman was standing over his hospital bed just scaring him to death with Hell talk and a light would come from the corner of the room and she would retreat into the shadows. He got saved after that.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
He answers if you are listening.

Last edited by Huntz; 01/15/20.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

So, I take it that you would rather forget your statement about ceasing to exist at your death.

You would rather stick to arguing word definitions.

Safer for you because you don’t have to back up what you say nor even explain your comments.

But, I will try again..... why do you seem certain that “you” will “no more” at your death? How could you possibly know this?

The answer is that you cannot know this, but you speak like it is incontrovertible fact.

My man... I guess we are at an impasse..

As I keep posing the same question to you... how do you know other wise.

You see, the non believers, we incorporate logic.... meaning, if there is no hard evidence it isnt factual. This is pretty much how any actual scientist/historian/investigator would form a hypothesis.

You on the other hand are running with mythology.

my·thol·o·gy
/məˈTHäləjē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a collection of myths, especially one belonging to a particular religious or cultural tradition.

And thats all christianity is, myths, as there is no hard evidence to support anything.

Again, I ask, since the world is only populated by 29% Christians, but 24% islamic and 14% hindus, 8% buddists, meaning 46% of the worlds population that is religious believes something entirely different than your christian point of view... and 15% being unaffiliated.... how can the minority be so sure they are 100% correct?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
You havent the mental capacity to comprehend the fact that just because something hasnt been proven doesnt mean it isnt true.

There was a time cig smoking had not been proven bad. It was.

There was a time when science thought the world flat. Some thought it was spherical but they had no proof. They were correct.

Sorry you cant seem to grasp that or figure out such deep subjects by your own self and need the help of others to remember such. You would have spent your time explaining mythology.

You cant even grasp facts that provide proof like "The Bell Curve".

The fact your running blather confuses then convinces you is just more proof of your stupidity.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/15/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I just hope these believers aren’t prosecutors or jurors..

You peeps have trouble understanding what proper evidence is.

I did acid and shrooms a few times when I was younger, so I can relate to you guys not understanding what you are seeing.

Interesting comment....who will be your prosecutor and jury at your final judgment?

Again... your confused. When science decides I am no more,
I am no more... the same as you. I will just be accepting of whats happening, you on the other hand will still be dumb enough to be asking for forgiveness to an imaginary being.

Its weird, when I got older, the eastern bunny stopped visiting me....

Can you prove that you cease to exist when you are “no more?”

If not, why would you believe it?

The burden of proof isnt on me here. It would be on the “believers” with no evidence other than hearsay.

Ah yes, the “burden of proof argument”..... the unbelievers retreat, the last resort ....,

But, we will play your game.....you are the one that stated that when you are “no more,” then you are no more. So, as you say, the burden of proof is on you.

What say you?

Rather than a last retreat, burden of proof is, or should be standard practice.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You havent the mental capacity to comprehend the fact that just because something hasnt been proven doesnt mean it isnt true.

There was a time when science thought the world flat. Some thought it was spherical but they had no proof. They were correct.

Sorry you cant seem to grasp that or figure out such deep subjects by your own self and need the help of others to remember such. You would have spent your time explaining mythology.

The fact your running blather confuses then convinces you is just more proof of your stupidity.

Is astrology real?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by DBT
Experience alone does not prove a belief.
Not to others maybe, but it ‘does’ to oneself.

What is true and factual remains true and factual regardless of anyone's belief or disbelief.

AT LAST!!!

Finally something true.... and factual!

Jesus reigns....

True, whether you believe or disbelieve.

Please prove this.

You are saying show me and I will believe...
The bible principle teaches a God who says believe me and I will show you. Psalm 27:13 I had fainted unless I had BELIEVED TO SEE the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living...believe to see...not see to believe...by the way, it is the goodness of the Lord that leads one to repentance. Roman's 2:4

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake. 2 Corinthians 4:5
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave

Is astrology real?

It's all fine Travis. AAs are as smart as the Japanese. They are 11 % of the general and prison population.

They dont put lieberals or commies or muzzies in office. They dont use welfare more than the Chinese. Detroit is doing great. Afreka is doing wonderful.

Yadayadayada.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/15/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this to be or not to be back and forth reminded me of this -

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rick1977
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by DBT
Experience alone does not prove a belief.
Not to others maybe, but it ‘does’ to oneself.

What is true and factual remains true and factual regardless of anyone's belief or disbelief.

AT LAST!!!

Finally something true.... and factual!

Jesus reigns....

True, whether you believe or disbelieve.

Please prove this.

You are saying show me and I will believe...
The bible principle teaches a God who says believe me and I will show you. Psalm 27:13 I had fainted unless I had BELIEVED TO SEE the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living...believe to see...not see to believe...by the way, it is the goodness of the Lord that leads one to repentance. Roman's 2:4

The Qur'an may say something different, the Tibetan book something else again, the Gita differing from both.....

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
God does answer prayers, according to His will. Where we often fail is in praying for a particular thing to be a particular way, while giving not the slightest thought to His will and its effect on whether our prayer is answered as we expect or in some other way. We were counseled to pray in accordance with the will of God, and then we can’t figure out why we didn’t get what we asked for when we pray for the satisfaction of our selfish desires. Like a three year old asking for a Corvette and a 1911 for Christmas, we get all butthurt when the Father seemingly ignores what we want...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Is astrology real?

It's all fine Travis. AAs are as smart as the Japanese. They are 11 % of the general and prison population.

They dont put lieberals or commies or muzzies in office. They dont use welfare more than the Chinese. Detroit is doing great. Afreka is doing wonderful.

Yadayadayada.

You are ever vigilant for an excuse to interject your virulent racism into a discussion having nothing to do with race---and this while defending the divinity of God. You are precisely why many people conclude that those who profess deep religious devotion are, fundamentally, frauds and fakes. You are Exhibit A of that evidence.

Tarquin
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Is astrology real?

Of course it is. Even satan has been given some power to work for and against those who open themselves to him. Witchcraft, astrology, and the like can seem very real when the author of those things sees it as useful to make something happen to cause a misled person to fall deeper into confusion.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Is astrology real?

Yadayadayada.

You are ever vigilant for an excuse to interject your virulent racism into a discussion having nothing to do with race---and this while defending the divinity of God. You are precisely why many people conclude that those who profess deep religious devotion are, fundamentally, frauds and fakes. You are Exhibit A of that evidence.

Coming from you I appreciate that. Of course the skewed prison populations are the result of racism. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Because you saw it on the internet, it must be right?! I explained why the def is wrong and that's what you come up with? Of course, I'm correct. That definition is demonstrably false.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Is astrology real?

Yadayadayada.

Coming from you I appreciate that. Of course the skewed prison populations are the result of racism. wink

No. They're not, you idiot. But the fact that the IQs of Asians and Ashkenashi Jews are substantially higher than Caucasians is no reason to deny Caucasions their equal rights under the law or to refer to them as sub-human.

Tarquin
Page 19 of 34 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,952
Posts18,519,295
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.