Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Editorial in today's "Wall street Journal."

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott this week honored Jack Wilson with a new award called the Governor’s Medal of Courage. Mr. Wilson, a voluntary security guard for the West Freeway Church of Christ, earned the award for shooting dead a gunman—six seconds after he’d opened fire—who had just shot and killed two members of the Texas church.

Most of America rightly regards Mr. Wilson as a hero who used his gun to save innocent life on that December Sunday. But apparently not Michael Bloomberg. At a campaign stop in Alabama before the New Year, the former mayor of New York City and Democratic presidential candidate weighed in on the shooting.

“I wasn’t there,” Bloomberg told his audience. “I don’t know the facts—that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people. But it’s the job of law enforcement to have guns and to decide when to shoot. You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place.”

As critics pointed out, if the Bloomberg rule had prevailed and the people in those pews had to wait until cops arrived, many more innocent citizens would have been maimed or murdered. As Gov. Abbott noted, “Only God knows who is alive today because of Jack Wilson.”

We’re glad Mr. Bloomberg is in the presidential race as an alternative voice on education, economic, and foreign policy. But on gun rights he is on the leftward end of the spectrum. If by chance he wins the nomination, he’ll need a better answer than telling innocent church-goers to wait for police to arrive while a shooter mows them down.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bloomberg is amazingly good at picking the wrong side of an argument. He cannot win that one and I am happy he is so far left and transparent about it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bloomberg is a left wing nut, but a very wealthy and dangerous left wing nut.
He would willingly start a 2nd civil war to disarm the public, and has openly stated so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Having him as POTUS...

What could go wrong? eek

Blithering idiot.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Bloomberg has schit for brains.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When seconds matter, Paul Blart is 45 mins away

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All that has to be pointed out is that, statistically, legally-armed citizens have not created a problem anywhere.

And I would hazard a guess that most are better shots than most Cops.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I honestly don't think Bloomberg thinks he can win the whitehouse, if he did he would start distancing himself from statements/issues that would play poorly in swing states. He must have some other ploy like picking the DEM candidate or at least helping to exclude some.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
When seconds matter, Paul Blart is 45 mins away

LOL

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sounds to me like with his business background experience Bloomberg must believe he can draw moderate Democrat, Independent, undecided and 'fence straddler' Republican voters per the economy and still appease the more extreme Leftists voters by publicly voicing his anti-gun philosophy.

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
People can remind "Dumb-berg" that's what is happening at other churches and gun free zones and people are dying before help arrives.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
“I wasn’t there,” Bloomberg told his audience. “I don’t know the facts—that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people. But it’s the job of law enforcement to have guns and to decide when to shoot. You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place.”.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Gov't gonna save you all.

If it fails.... "Oh well... Maybe next time."

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DougD
Bloomberg is a left wing nut, but a very wealthy and dangerous left wing nut.
He would willingly start a 2nd civil war to disarm the public, and has openly stated so.

Michael Bloomberg is the Joseph Stalin of the Anti Gun crowd and the Nation's Chief of the Communist Globalists...

people need to get that thru their heads...

he ain't your friend and he's no lover of this nation...

there isn't a thing he's involved in, that his number one reason is Michael Bloomberg..

compare that to Donald Trump.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
People can remind "Dumb-berg" that's what is happening at other churches and gun free zones and people are dying before help arrives.

don't confuse "he needs to be reminded".. (he doesn't need to have that explained at all)

with

He doesn't really give a Fudk....about people getting killed while waiting for a government ran Police Force showing up...

he cares a lot more about Government Control than he does about People's lives...

like any Globalists, they believe that this planet has way too many people on it...and they have goals to reduce the population of this planet by 90%....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Guy who's had his own personal armed security for decades. I'd love to see him answer that as a debate question. Would love more to see someone rub his nose in it with "You First".

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Proves once again you don't have to have intelligence to become wealthy!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everyone does not pay that close attention to politics. Had a friend tell me as far as democrats were concerned he liked the sound of Bloomberg. When I told him Bloomberg’s stance on gun control , he was surprised. He said he had never had that. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Get rid of all your bodyguards and guns, you phugking elitist commie hypocrite.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Damn Swedes...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by horse1
Guy who's had his own personal armed security for decades. I'd love to see him answer that as a debate question. Would love more to see someone rub his nose in it with "You First".

The shill moderators would never ask him those questions. They throw rose petals and blauxjobs at those commies.

Nothing stopping them from eating their own, though. Like The Bernie and Lieawatha Show.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 25 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,202
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.