Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The warranty is only as good as the company standing behind it..... Swarovski will not stand behind their warranty ....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well that blows.....

My original set of 8x30's had to go back due to one barrel fogging up on an Alaska hunt. Call them when I got back and told the gal that this was supposed to be the reason I didn't buy the 50 dollar blister pack binos.

She said "In a perfect world, you'd be right"......

They fixed me right up ASAP.

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I should have them send them back and tear them apart, I would bet money they have no cracked prism's. The glue that holds them in place probably gave out..... junk

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I remember GregW telling me about his Swaro CS problems. I 100% believe him, as I totally trust him and his experiences. I have no reason to doubt you either OP. I've had Swaro bino's for years, and currently use a 10x50SV. I have dropped mine in the sand a couple of times over the past several years, and have sent them back to Swaro to clean the sand out of the moving parts twice during that time. They've never charged me anything, and they come back as new. That is the puzzling thing after hearing you guy's bad CS stories.

Irfubar, if in your shoes I'd be pissed too, big time. Also, to attempt to answer your question, If it were me I'd start over with Meopta Meostar HD's, mainly because they are so superbly built I don 't think you could tear one up even if you tried. I love the Toric's I had, but I did send them back once for fixing the eyecups that wouldn't stay up. Superb optics though.

If you're after usable optics, backed by companies that absolutely will take care of any problems no matter what, a guy is left choosing between Athlon, Vortex, Leupold, or maybe another I can't think of right now.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider

If you're after usable optics, backed by companies that absolutely will take care of any problems no matter what, a guy is left choosing between Athlon, Vortex, Leupold, or maybe another I can't think of right now.

GPO, Steiner, Bushnell, Athlon, Vortex, Leupold & Burris

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by JGRaider

GPO, Steiner, Bushnell, Athlon, Vortex, Leupold & Burris

He just said he wasn't sure if the new guys would be around in 10 years. That includes GPO, and I can't think of one Burris bino I've ever even seen, anywhere.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
I have a question for Swarovski binocular owners regarding the warranty. I have a pair of SLC8x30 that quit focusing.
I pulled them from my pack in a padded case one day while hunting and they wouldn't focus. They had never been dropped or abused.
I sent them in for repairs. They sent me an estimate to repair and claimed the internal prisms are damaged and the bino's will need to be rebuilt.
Estimated cost $450.00. How can the internal prisms be damaged? they have never been dropped and the exterior shows no abuse.
What kind of warranty is this? Is this normal?
If this is normal for Swarovski , is it normal for other manufacturers? If not who has the best warranty?
I have never had to send bino's back for repairs. I have sent many scopes in of various brands and never been charged.

If you are the second owner how do you know if they've never been dropped?

My experience and observation of others with Swaro is they stand behind their workmanship, but the warranty says abuse isn't covered.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I thought their warranty service was pretty darn good when my brother left his on the side of the pick up and ended up driving over them and breaking them in half...I thought they were toast for sure..Sent them in and waited for the bad news..

The repair estimate was $150.00.. Labor free,parts at discount...Near as we can tell they just took his glass and placed then in a new housing. They came back just like brandy new..

Impressed me!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What kind of warranty is this?

I had always heard to ignore the warranty, from friends and others, as Swaro NA would basically make things right regardless of the warranty. Guess that isn't true. Or something changed at the service center.

I was impressed with their service when my LRF leaked. They even sent me a loaner while mine was getting fixed. And they basically rebuilt the sucker, with new glass. It looked like new. In hindsight, maybe all this fell under the 10 yr limit.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I have a question for Swarovski binocular owners regarding the warranty. I have a pair of SLC8x30 that quit focusing.
I pulled them from my pack in a padded case one day while hunting and they wouldn't focus. They had never been dropped or abused.
I sent them in for repairs. They sent me an estimate to repair and claimed the internal prisms are damaged and the bino's will need to be rebuilt.
Estimated cost $450.00. How can the internal prisms be damaged? they have never been dropped and the exterior shows no abuse.
What kind of warranty is this? Is this normal?
If this is normal for Swarovski , is it normal for other manufacturers? If not who has the best warranty?
I have never had to send bino's back for repairs. I have sent many scopes in of various brands and never been charged.

If you are the second owner how do you know if they've never been dropped?

My experience and observation of others with Swaro is they stand behind their workmanship, but the warranty says abuse isn't covered.

Do you work for Swaro? Things have changed since your guiding days...

I didn't abuse my three sets of bins either....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Santiam
Well, I thought their warranty service was pretty darn good when my brother left his on the side of the pick up and ended up driving over them and breaking them in half...I thought they were toast for sure..Sent them in and waited for the bad news..

The repair estimate was $150.00.. Labor free,parts at discount...Near as we can tell they just took his glass and placed then in a new housing. They came back just like brandy new..

Impressed me!!

When was this?

- Greg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This deer season.. Run over them in October..Got'em back in December

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This deer season.. Run over them in October..Got'em back in December

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thanks...

Swaro better get their crap straight. There's a lot of fantastic options out there right now.

- Greg

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Must be hit and miss. Sent some 15’s in last year that took a tumble, replaced all 4 lenses and focus wheel for $125.

Thought that was more than fair.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

- Greg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm not a hater or a fanboy of anything. Here's my experience for context.

- Greg

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Interesting the comments, seems Swarovski is all over the map on this..... I can only relate what happened to me today... A $450 bill to repair bino's that are going for $500 on the used market.

As to the comment by Alpinecrick they worked fine for 3yrs then schit the bed after a month in my pack. They have not been dropped by me and show no signs of ever being dropped.

Maybe the bean counters had a meeting and this is the result?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Interesting the comments, seems Swarovski is all over the map on this.

Maybe the bean counters had a meeting and this is the result?

Yes. They better be careful...

- Greg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd call an independent repair facility for a second opinion, or quote for diagnosis. I couldn't bring myself to pay $450 to repair those old 8x30 SLC.

Last edited by 4th_point; 01/17/20.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,424
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.