-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did mine last year. First came back with a touch of North African/Middle East and a smaller touch of Manchuria/Mongol. The rest was all European with most from British Isles, France, and Germany. The backed off the Manchurian/Mongol and now that part is 'Unassigned'.

No close relatives other than my mom.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I did mine and they told me there was no way to distinguish between French and German. Same genes.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
When you only get charged for 22 you know it's not going to turn out well...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by slumlord
Haha

You gonna find out you got 12% Nubian negro in there.

They like to add a little Ashkenazi and Sub Saharan African in there just to mess with you. I think someone there even admitted it, at one point.

Schit like this is made up to make people like JamesJr feel better after he discovers that he's part eggplant.

I don't know what's going to turn up. I can trace the lines of 3 of my Grandparents since they got off the boat, AND my 1st cousin on Mom's side has had this done(90+% Irish ia what he got). My Grandfather on Dad's side can trace EVERYONE in his lineage back to Bohemia(now Czech Republic), doesn't necessarily mean there isn't some other DNA, but should be mostly central Europe. My Grandmother on Dad's side...hard to say. I've heard that that branch originally came over on the Mayflower, but an ancestor lied about his age and changed his name to enlist in the Civil War where he fought in the "Iron Brigade" at 14. Dad told me once that there was good possibility of a very small percentage of either Native or African in there, I believe from sometime in the Colonial times, but no one is really sure.

I'm just curious myself.

I did FamilySearch and I'm a descendant of the Howlands/Tilleys off the Mayflower. Turns out there are about 30M people descendants of the Mayflower with most from Elizabeth Tilley.

At one time it show that I was also a descendant of Powatan, Pocahontas' either father or grandfather. But they since limited relatives searches to 15 generations.

Here I thought I was just pure trailer trash...

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by slumlord
Haha

You gonna find out you got 12% Nubian negro in there.

They like to add a little Ashkenazi and Sub Saharan African in there just to mess with you. I think someone there even admitted it, at one point.

Schit like this is made up to make people like JamesJr feel better after he discovers that he's part eggplant.

I don't know what's going to turn up. I can trace the lines of 3 of my Grandparents since they got off the boat, AND my 1st cousin on Mom's side has had this done(90+% Irish ia what he got). My Grandfather on Dad's side can trace EVERYONE in his lineage back to Bohemia(now Czech Republic), doesn't necessarily mean there isn't some other DNA, but should be mostly central Europe. My Grandmother on Dad's side...hard to say. I've heard that that branch originally came over on the Mayflower, but an ancestor lied about his age and changed his name to enlist in the Civil War where he fought in the "Iron Brigade" at 14. Dad told me once that there was good possibility of a very small percentage of either Native or African in there, I believe from sometime in the Colonial times, but no one is really sure.

I'm just curious myself.

I did FamilySearch and I'm a descendant of the Howlands/Tilleys off the Mayflower. Turns out there are about 30M people descendants of the Mayflower with most from Elizabeth Tilley.

At one time it show that I was also a descendant of Powatan, Pocahontas' either father or grandfather. But they since limited relatives searches to 15 generations.

You may be kin to Elizabeth Warren.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm just curious myself.
I'm told that's what Jello said.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

You may be kin to Elizabeth Warren.

Uugg!

Last edited by Steve; 01/18/20.

Carpe' Scrotum
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I got interested in genealogy a little before the DNA testing was in vogue. Problem with that is it just assumes that the man who married your mother is your father.
I can trace one line of my family back to Richard Warren on the Mayflower—however I knew from the conventional records that since my great-great grandfather was adopted that I shared no DNA directly with Richard Warren.
I would have guessed my nationality prior to DNA testing would be 1/2 Norwegian-1/4 German and 1/4 Irish & English admixture.
DNA says 1/2 Scandinavian—3/8 Irish and 1/8 German—I’m good with that.
I’m also glad that Great-Uncle George has passed on—I suspect he is responsible for that revanoor agent that went missing down in Henry County in 1936.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Let us know what percent Neanderthal you are. I am 3 percent, some of the highest Neanderthal dna ever tested for.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by reivertom
I might bribe the Mormons to make me 1/2 Cherokee so I can get a Gubmint check.

You could be a full blood, but if you don't have an proven ancestor on the government roll you aint no Indian.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's my understanding that those home DNA tests can only reveal probabilities of what racial group(s) your DNA matches closest to that of highest concentrations of others sampled in other areas of the world. They can not determine specific countries, nor tribes, and can vary in percentages between full siblings, parents and even identical twins, triplets, etc..

Our son's wife bought him a 23 and Me DNA test for this past Christmas. He said his results showed he is something like 98+ % Northern European .

My sister wanted to try one herself and offered to get me one too and pay for it but I thanked her and declined. I have no real interest in knowing just out of curiosity and at my age a genetic predisposition to possible health concerns is pointless.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Girls like that have always been around. A lot...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw

And teenage me thanks them!

Carpe' Scrotum
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by johnw

And teenage me thanks them!

First record I have been able to find of what is LIKELY an ancestor in the Colonies, was a William Wills, who bought what was later known as Wills Island in 1638...I'll have to wait for the report to go back any further than that.

That 25% of my gene pool has been here over 200 years longer than the other 75%...

Last edited by CowboyTim; 01/18/20.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I did mine and they told me there was no way to distinguish between French and German. Same genes.

Gaul and Germania were basically the same culture and people when Rome started their expansion into those regions.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Statistically, IIRC about one in six kids aren’t fathered by the legal father. Interestingly, that is about the same percentage as most monogamous songbird species. This is why in biology class they no longer have the kids construct blood type family trees 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Statistically, IIRC about one in six kids aren’t fathered by the legal father. Interestingly, that is about the same percentage as most monogamous songbird species. This is why in biology class they no longer have the kids construct blood type family trees 🙂

Races differ widely in this regard.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Back in the old days when a mother died it was a fairly common practice for her adolescent children and especially girls to be taken in and raised by other two parent families or older women who may or may not be blood kin. Sometimes when there were several siblings they would be split up and raised by different families and it wasn't uncommon either for the children to take the surname of the family that raised them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am who I am and need no DNA company to tell me that. Matters not who my ancestors are/were.

"I am he
As you are he
As you are me
And we are all together"

(J Lennon)

I understand the French/German thing though. Mom told me her grandma was from Alsace Lorraine. I asked "where is that?". She said "well it depends on who was winning whichever war they were fighting, it's either France or German".

Now, is it true that's where my great grandma was from? Matters not to me, I learned some political geography that day.

Geno

PS I love eclairs and pork with sauerkraut......................so maybe it is true. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Gaul and Germania were basically the same culture and people when Rome started their expansion into those regions.

I hope you weren’t a history teacher.

MAGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,295
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.