Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
When I was in HS, a lot of the neighborhoods around here were being built. No houses but miles and miles of roads. My buddy in his new car takes his girlfriend to park one night on one of these paved, sprawling but houseless developments where you could see a car coming from a mile away. As he pulls in the entrance he doesn’t see the 3/4 steel cable stretched across the road between to steel posts. The cable slide all the way up and over his new car. That was expensive.

A different buddy’s wife back out of the garage with a car door opened, it went 180* open then.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A couple years ago I was in the drive thru line at the bank.
Lady ahead of me couldn't roll her window down apparently, so she opened the door, but when she did, she couldn't reach the tube, so she backed up.
yep you guessed it, pushed her door into the side of the car. Sprung the hinges and dented the fender so much that you couldn't ever close the door again.
I just about pissed myself laughing.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Youse guys wat dont like videos, dont look.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Several years ago, where I live, a college student was riding his bike while listening to his Walkman, he was on the sidewalk, but ran into a train and got killed. Baracades were down for the cars, and the light was flashing. There wasn't any on the sidewalk right next to the street. I guess he was looking down, going to fast on his bike and boom, hit the train.

I inspected gas pipeline contractors and was inspecting a new line going in. There was a bike lane that he put up a "Men Working" large 4'x'4 sign orange sign in the bike lane. He was excavating right beside the bike land and had the lane closed. Guy on a bike ran into the sign. Tried to blame the contractor, but if the sign wasn't up, he would have rode right into a hole about 5' deep a few yards ahead. Oh, contractor also had a row of cones out, guy had to weave around to stay in the bike lane.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I'm waiting out a red light at a 4 way intersection. My side of the intersection has two left turn lanes, and one lane to go straight ahead, and one lane to go straight or make the right hand turn. There are two signs saying no right turn on red, as it's a very busy intersection with lots of crossing traffic. There's a lady up at the front of the line with her turn signal on waiting out the light to make her right hand turn. The dude behind her is having a hissy fit because she's not turning right on red-gesturing, yelling at her and honking his horn. The elderly lady gets out of her car and marches back to his door, with the stinkface going big time. She knocks on his window, points at him, points at the no turn on red sign, flips him the bird and marches back to her car, all before the light even changes. The tough guy's white as a sheet, pops his clutch and stalls his truck. (not surprising as it's a Ford) Lo and behold, he can't get it started! 'Best part was the car next to him is a Po Po. Pretty sure the cop wasn't too amused with him. I laughed so hard my ribs hurt.

Last edited by gophergunner; 01/17/20.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elecgun
Witnessed a similar situation years ago. Middle aged woman took her Honda through the cones and drove into 6" of fresh concrete in the left turn lane of a divided highway. She was sitting in her car excitedly talking on cellphone. I was running late, so I couldn't see how things ended. Wonder how it turned out?

Maybe that Honda is a speed bump now.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
I love those charming folks who give a left turn signal, apply the brakes, then ease into the wide freaking open left turn lane after forcing those behind them in the thru lane to come to a near-complete stop. There's a left turn lane, it's open, for gosh sakes use it!

They're too stupid to be driving. Fort Worth is full of peckerheads who drive like that. They're probably the same morons who approach a slow moving vehicle from behind, apply brakes, then give a turn signal to move to to a lefthand lane. Not only that, the turn signal entitles them and you must accommodate them by slamming on your own brakes...then watch them drive like an idiot from behind.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
remember guys.... you never want to be in front of an erratic or inattentive driver. play "fighter pilot", get him in front of you, and get some separation.
Kid out

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
No kidding. smile

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
I love those charming folks who give a left turn signal, apply the brakes, then ease into the wide freaking open left turn lane after forcing those behind them in the thru lane to come to a near-complete stop. There's a left turn lane, it's open, for gosh sakes use it!

Yep, they only use it to make the turn, not for slowing down. Unreal traffic folks cant figure this out and have that be on the drivers test.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My dad worked for a large lumber company for most of his life. When he first started he drove fork lift and kind of enjoyed it. There was a sign at the entrance NO PRIVATELY OWNED VEHICLES posted on the gate.
One day a wife of one of his coworkers drove inside the compound in her station wagon to drop off his lunch. My dad was coming around the corner on a forklift and the forks went under her car and banged it up pretty good. He jumped off to make sure she and her kids were ok. They were all shook up and crying but not hurt. My dad thought he was fired for sure, but not even a minute later one of the white shirts came running down from the watch tower and said he saw the whole thing and the lady was in the wrong for entering the gated compound.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When you combine selfish and stupid, shyte happens.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Was at a Red light yesterday. One left turn lane and 3 lanes to go straight. The on ramp to the freeway is about 15 yards past the light and to the far right of the outside straight lane. Lady in the turn lane still has a red but takes off when the straight lane turns green to try and cut across all 3 lanes and get on the on ramp. Everyone honking and barely missing her and she never looks up

Last edited by Kellywk; 01/18/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
When you combine selfish and stupid, shyte happens.

Well said!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Another one,..

Many years ago I was on the circle 4 loop bypass that encircles Lexington, Kentucky,...driving in the outside lane.

All of a sudden the car in front of me locks up his brakes. I climb on my brakes just barely in time to keep from rear ending him. 2 cars behind me can't stop in time and hook off onto the median,..which is grass covered, rough, and about 3 feet lower than the pavement. Once everybody gets stopped, back on the road and on their way, we all went by 2 women in a car who were in the outside land when they decided to take the exit,....which came off of the inside lane,...so they just stopped in the fast lane of a limited access highway!

It's obvious that the driver was just going to sit there until the inside lane cleared and they could take their exit.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Another one,..

Many years ago I was on the circle 4 loop bypass that encircles Lexington, Kentucky,...driving in the outside lane.

All of a sudden the car in front of me locks up his brakes. I climb on my brakes just barely in time to keep from rear ending him. 2 cars behind me can't stop in time and hook off onto the median,..which is grass covered, rough, and about 3 feet lower than the pavement. Once everybody gets stopped, back on the road and on their way, we all went by 2 women in a car who were in the outside land when they decided to take the exit,....which came off of the inside lane,...so they just stopped in the fast lane of a limited access highway!

It's obvious that the driver was just going to sit there until the inside lane cleared and they could take their exit.
that happened to me in houston traffic once.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Was she texting too? Around here women will sit in a turn lane that has a green arrow waiting for the whole light to turn green and they're usually texting. Our turn lanes have real shorts lights so only 2-3 cars can make the turn before it turns red.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If that was here, she would have drove a block or two in an emergency lane or turn lane to get there, swerved back into traffic, and then made the left hand turn through a red light in front of oncoming traffic, all at great danger to anyone else around her. smile

I am unfortunately not kidding..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
They can't read a map, construction zone or a road sign. Yet they will endanger others because their GPS told them to turn.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.