Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Agreed Beav, my focus has shifted also. We are learning this lesson with rifle scopes, hence the popularity of Super Sniper. I think it may be time to shift our focus with bino's and to a lesser extent spotters.

Tough durable and good optics... we wan't it all. I would rather have durable and good resolution than the best resolution and fragile, especially if they won't warranty them anymore.

I think of bino's as a long term item. Maybe I am out dated in todays disposable society..... I am feeling like a damn dinosaur

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by irfubar
Agreed Beav, my focus has shifted also. We are learning this lesson with rifle scopes, hence the popularity of Super Sniper. I think it may be time to shift our focus with bino's and to a lesser extent spotters.

Tough durable and good optics... we wan't it all. I would rather have durable and good resolution than the best resolution and fragile, especially if they won't warranty them anymore.

I think of bino's as a long term item. Maybe I am out dated in todays disposable society..... I am feeling like a damn dinosaur

I completely agree on taking good and durable/warranty vs. best but no warranty and told to pound sand if there’s a problem.

Quality glass is a big investment for me. I can’t afford to be shelling $1000+ on glass only to need to replace or spend a big chunk on repairs. If optics can’t handle field use then no matter how good the glass they’re of no use to me.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Anyone here have same warranty issues with Meopta as some here have had with Swarovski binoculars?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Question to GregW:
What’s your feelings on build strength of the MeoStar bins? Glass I know is excellent. I’m asking for your impressions on ruggedness of the internals and housing protection.

😎

Just finished Year 2 with 12x and 15x Meopta averaging about 60-80 days in the field a year, each. I'm on Year 4 I think of the S2. No failures thus far on bins. They have been treated just like the Swaro 15x failures I have had, 3 in the past 5 years. Padded case in pack, to tripod, back to padded case. No fall events, no nothing but technicians observed impacts to the body of the bins not covered by warranty ( nothing visible to me on the outside until the interior fogged up), and a $500 bill every other year on average.

I've used the Meopta warranty 1 time in 4 years and it's not been their bins. After an epic hunt in the dust storms of caliche dust NM, (ehh Clint) I had my 82mm S2 power knob spin in circles. Nice Meopta lady said send the whole thing in. I did. 7 days later I called to see if they received it/status update, the same nice lady said I should be in receipt of a package the next day or so. I was. It was a brand new eyepiece and body. The body wasn't messed up, it was just scratched and beat to piss. I got free of charge a new eyepiece and body, no questions asked. This was 3 years ago. This is my only experience with Meopta CS. But it was pretty good. Just sharing my experiences.

YMMV...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Without a valid warranty it seriously lowers the value of something like a binocular, scope etc..... Swaro was suppose to be high value and quality....It seems they have decided to become a disposable junk company....

With the no external damage present policy they have adopted they no longer have to honor any warranty claim.... they can simply argue, you abused the product....

Swarovski warranty has never covered damage from accident. Cracked prisms don't crack from use--they crack from impact.

How do you explain the folks who had free stuff when they ran their bins over with a truck? Google it a bit. It's everywhere, even on this thread. Do a bit of research, if you want....

You're not the only fish in the bowl who has been out a lot on this site. Just because your experiences differ don't make it how it is. You should know that by now...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by GregW

I've used the Meopta warranty 1 time in 4 years and it's not been their bins. After an epic hunt in the dust storms of caliche dust NM, (ehh Clint)....This was 3 years ago.

I'm still farting dust.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I"m a self professed optics junkie.....I love trying out different optics and have been doing so for years now. The two very best binos I've ever owned or used, from a toughness/build quality standpoint with great optics are the older Leica Trinovid BN/BA, and the Meostar HD's. The Meostar HD's are just as tough and rugged and better optically, IMHO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I generally buy Swarovski or Leica. I have been leaning to Swarovski because they had better customer service. So is this true? Is Leica better or worse on warranty service?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

How do you explain the folks who had free stuff when they ran their bins over with a truck? Google it a bit. It's everywhere, even on this thread. Do a bit of research, if you want....

You're not the only fish in the bowl who has been out a lot on this site. Just because your experiences differ don't make it how it is. You should know that by now...

Buying second-hand, 10-15 year old damaged binos, throwing a Epic Whine Fest when the manufacturer won't repair them without a fee, and accusing the manufacturer of a Vast Conspiracy as though prisms just explode into a mushroom cloud all by themselves. Not even happy when Swaro offers to work with him on the price of repair.

Google that and tell me what the results are........

Even when run over by a truck, Swaro is willing to work with the customer.........

Originally Posted by Santiam
Well, I thought their warranty service was pretty darn good when my brother left his on the side of the pick up and ended up driving over them and breaking them in half...I thought they were toast for sure..Sent them in and waited for the bad news..

The repair estimate was $150.00.. Labor free,parts at discount...Near as we can tell they just took his glass and placed then in a new housing. They came back just like brandy new..

Impressed me!!

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Buying second-hand, 10-15 year old damaged binos, throwing a Epic Whine Fest when the manufacturer won't repair them without a fee, and accusing the manufacturer of a Vast Conspiracy as though prisms just explode into a mushroom cloud all by themselves. Not even happy when Swaro offers to work with him on the price of repair.

Even when run over by a truck, Swaro is willing to work with the customer.........

Well, I thought their warranty service was pretty darn good when my brother left his on the side of the pick up and ended up driving over them and breaking them in half...I thought they were toast for sure..Sent them in and waited for the bad news..

The repair estimate was $150.00.. Labor free,parts at discount...Near as we can tell they just took his glass and placed then in a new housing. They came back just like brandy new..

Impressed me!!

Think of it as public service announcement...... Swaro WILL weasel out of their end of the warranty ! I understand alpinecreek you are a fanboy and your worth is based on possessions you own.
For normal people who work hard for their money they do not like to be lied to and cheated..... and their possessions do not define them.

Tell us more about your amazing $500 dollar Swaro's that are now as good as $1800 glass because you sent them in..... Bwahahahahhaa you define fanboy... pathetic

Of your 23,000 post the only thing before this I recall is you claiming to shooting dozens of elk with a 243..... that's it, no cool pictures, no cool rifles etc...... simply a fool bragging he used a marginal weapon on a majestic game animal.

Your reputation is well deserved......

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Terryk
I generally buy Swarovski or Leica. I have been leaning to Swarovski because they had better customer service. So is this true? Is Leica better or worse on warranty service?

Worse. In the past much worse. Doug has mentioned several times Leica is attempting to improve. With apologies to Doug, Leica has said that before. I'm taking a wait and see approach. Having said that, a Leica RF is on my short list. If you buy Leica, buy it from Doug, CameralandNY has the chutzpah to get the manufactures attention........

Swarovski made an effort to have a significant presence in North America, and 15+ years ago built a full blown repair center with the ability to repair all of the products sold in North America and some of the their European products. After the war, Swaro started an update program in part to distinguish themselves from Zeiss and Leica. When possible, Swaro will replace older optics with newer, improved parts and in some cases (such as the 30mm SLC's) design and manufacture improved parts when they run out of the old parts. I don't know of any other foreign optics manufacturer that has the former on the scale that Swaro has, or does the latter.

If you want a No Fault, No Whine warranty, buy Vortex, Athalon, and maybe a couple others.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If you aren't on Swaro's payroll you should be..... holy crap

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Impressed me!!

Think of it as public service announcement...... Swaro WILL weasel out of their end of the warranty ! I understand alpinecreek you are a fanboy and your worth is based on possessions you own.
For normal people who work hard for their money they do not like to be lied to and cheated..... and their possessions do not define them.

Tell us more about your amazing $500 dollar Swaro's that are now as good as $1800 glass because you sent them in..... Bwahahahahhaa you define fanboy... pathetic

Of your 23,000 post the only thing before this I recall is you claiming to shooting dozens of elk with a 243..... that's it, no cool pictures, no cool rifles etc...... simply a fool bragging he used a marginal weapon on a majestic game animal.

Your reputation is well deserved......

Show me where the warranty covers damage by the customer.

And it's only 5 elk I've personally killed with a 243, the other 4 dozen have been with a slingshot........

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The point is the mythical damage you speak of is determined by Swaro..... despite zero evidence.... the fact you can't see a problem with that speaks volumes about you..... and your character

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The point is the mythical damage you speak of is determined by Swaro..... despite zero evidence.... the fact you can't see a problem with that speaks volumes about you..... and your character

The "mythical" damage occurred will be determined by ANY manufacturer a person sends their optics to for repair, you idiot.

You have yourself worked into such a toddler-like rage you can't even think straight.

Geez........

Edited to add:

I'm still waiting for you to show me where the warranty covers damage by the customer.

Last edited by alpinecrick; 01/19/20.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Impressed me!!

THIS... They have ALWAYS been ABOVE and BEYOND customer service for the last 40 years I have dealt with them through 6 pairs of binos and 10-12 scopes that I have owned. If I ever had a problem they were on it...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I like good optics as much as the next guy and trust Doug to steer me in the right direction for things that I’m not sure of. He sold me Leica binos and a Leica Visus scope that I’m very satisfied with and it didn’t hurt that they were on sale. I have a Leica 1000-R rangefinder that I’ve had for 7 years (?) that has served me well. I’ve also never ever had a Burris product fail and I have several. Kahles is pretty spiffy glass, too. They fixed a sticking power ring for free on an older Helia C although it had to go back to Austria for repair. I only paid shipping and insurance to the US facility. Everyone that I know (small sample) that has Swarovski optics has been uber satisfied so far. I think sometimes we tend to attempt to pick the fly schit out of the pepper. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

The "mythical" damage occurred will be determined by ANY manufacturer a person sends their optics to for repair, you idiot.

You have yourself worked into such a toddler-like rage you can't even think straight.

Geez........

Edited to add:

I'm still waiting for you to show me where the warranty covers damage by the customer.

This is kinda like the FBI investigating themselves..... nothing to see move along...
Integrity matters..... too some

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Still waiting for the report on the Swaro warranty.

For your optics education, I can tell you most optic manufacturers have very similar warranties other than the previously mentioned outfits.

Meanwhile, Carry On.........

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I understand most optic companies have similar wording in their warranty..... the point you keep ignoring is the integrity of the company to stand behind the warranty.
I am through trying to explain it to you... you seem too dense or have an agenda to understand.

The curious thing is why are you so determined to defend Swaro? the fanboy must be a powerful emotion for you....

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 57 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.