-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Generally painless. The tugging sensation was a odd. The sound and smell of cauterized ball meat was a bit unnerving. I looked like Mike Tyson punched me in the sack. It stayed colorful for a while. Definitely worth it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cinch
Question for those that have done the deal in the last 4-5 years... what did this cost?

Nothin.... insurance was happy to pay for it vs. my wife and I having more children.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You guys have lost me....I found my twin girls "under a cabbage leaf".....:) either that or the Stork brought them, I forget. I also have forgotten "which arm its under", if you know what I mean? lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got snipped about 45 years ago.

Had a Daughter, then two years later, my (EX)Wife insisted we have another child so the first one wouldn't be raised by herself.

I went down and got snipped while the second one was in the "hanger" just to make sure "we" didn't have any more kids!

Smartest thing I ever did. should have done it after the first one.

Not much pain, and thing were good as new in a few days.

After my first wife and I split and I was dating, I always reassured my dates that they didn't need to worry about me getting them pregnant.

Virgil B.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well....i guess he is probably skipping off to the doctor this morning.

You bastids. His balls were in your hands!

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew a guy that had it done, but it was done half ass.

His wife got pregnant a year later and he was fit to be tied. They were very close to getting a divorce before they found how he wasn't shooting blanks.

To this day, he doesn't see the humor in it (and it raising a kid to boot). Not sure if he sued the doc over the cost of raising a kid or not.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/21/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Generally painless. The tugging sensation was a odd. The sound and smell of cauterized ball meat was a bit unnerving. I looked like Mike Tyson punched me in the sack. It stayed colorful for a while. Definitely worth it.

That tugging sensation is when you realize your balls are connected clear up to your eyelids. Make sure you have a couple bags of frozen peas to rotate out. Don't do anything but sit on the couch for a couple days and it goes pretty good. You'll be black and blue for a week or two but well worth it in the end. Mine was done in 2000 and I get chills thinking about that tugging sensation'. lol

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hardway
Question for those that have done the deal in the last 4-5 years... what did this cost?

Nothin.... insurance was happy to pay for it vs. my wife and I having more children.

Mine was about 5 years ago and I had it done by a urologist , not a family Dr in his office. I paid cash about $1100

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
I knew a guy that had it done, but it was done half ass.

His wife got pregnant a year later and he was fit to be tied. They were very close to getting a divorce before they found how he wasn't shooting blanks.

To this day, he doesn't see the humor in it (and it raising a kid to boot). Not sure if he sued the doc over the cost of raising a kid or not.

Whata a fugging crybaby!

Hope the kid tells him to visit with himself when he is in the nursing home!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. The wife asked and I declined.

Worked with a guy that got cut when he was 29. Thought he was crazy.
Miserable fugger. He is likely doing any unborn children a favor.

I’m pretty awesome though. Anymore kids outta me will be lucky.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
34 years ago, zero regrets. Better investment than index funds.

Scariest part was watching the field be cleared with a STRAIGHT RAZOR. Old rural doc.

It's called a two-ball ligation. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by ironbender
I've had three vasectomies. Aint no thing.

Yeah.....well everything is bigger in Alaska.

For best results however, it’s always a good idea to have an actual doctor perform the procedure no matter how willing your buddy is to do it or how cheap your buddy will do it for.....as I’m sure you’ve learned by the third time.

First time the novocaine didn’t gitRdone. Right side basically without anesthetic.

Second time; Got referred to a urologist who assured me “I know what I’m doing”
mmhmm
Same result anesthetic-wise, but chose to not tough it out again.

Third time; went to surgery and got put under.

Yeah, I’m a tough SOB.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Scared or macho, the kind of guy who won't use a c ondom.

Condoms are damned expensive.....when you are going through 100 a month. And they break frequently. Besides, they are really not that effective. Sources state condoms are 98% effective birth control IF used perfectly.

But in real life they are 85% effective.

So if used perfectly, and you are making it an average of three times a day, she is going to get pregnant twice every month.

All I know for sure is, we were using condoms WITH spermicide foam and I knocked her up twice in the first year I knew her. But never again after the vasectomy.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Vasectomy: Spoil the rod - Spare the child

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You would think by now medical "science" would have come up with a simple shut off valve to install,
Geno

It's called "pulling out."

OMG, I hope you don't tell that to you sons or daughters. That's a great way to become a grandparent early.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Ralphie
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Done Jan 31 1984 at 2:00 PM. I was at work at 3:30 PM. And taking care of Momma by Jan 2.

If it took 11 months to get back to taking care of momma I’m not sure it was worth it.😀

Wow, that's quote a typo.
I got it done New Year's eve, as I already had the deductible covered for the year, and our healthy baby girl had been born Nov 25.

Back in the saddle just in time to coincide with Momma's post partum rest and recovery period.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Had it done with kids were around 6 and 4 or so (27, 29 now). Do what they tell you you will have no issues, no pain, just a bit of discomfort for a day or so.

Had mine Friday morning, spent the weekend on the couch with Dr's orders (how often can you do that, no nagging!). Take about a week "off" from activity with the wife. Then have at it. Takes several loads to clean out the pipes, then you have to give a couple of samples to make sure you got none left. Wife can help in that department, like my dr told us, timing of getting the sample isn't critical, we know you're guys work, now we want to just make sure no more are there.

No difference in performance, desire etc.

The pressure of needing birth control of any type is gone and that can be a freeing experience. It's the much simpler of the surgical options (you or her).

Now they have the no knife method.

Those that don't want to do it are either not secure in the marriage, or just illogically afraid of a knife to the nuts

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"First time the novocaine didn’t gitRdone. Right side basically without anesthetic."

The anesthetic only numbs the location in the middle of your scrotum where the only incision is made. There is no anesthetic for what happens next. They pull each sperm duct out of your scrotum separately, cut out a section of the duct and then tie off ends of the duct. I was ok until the Doc started separating the duct from the other stuff so he could cut it. It felt like it feels when you take a good hit to the nuts. I watched the whole thing so I knew what was coming and gritted my teeth when he pulled the second duct out. The nurse was VERY pretty so I didn't want her to think I was a sissy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bro, don’t do it!

I must have walked in the wrong door and ended up with my junk in the hands of a veterinarian because he treated my precious like they were rubber balls. Still hurts thinking about it...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

That tugging sensation is when you realize your balls are connected clear up to your eyelids. Make sure you have a couple bags of frozen peas to rotate out. Don't do anything but sit on the couch for a couple days and it goes pretty good. You'll be black and blue for a week or two but well worth it in the end. Mine was done in 2000 and I get chills thinking about that tugging sensation'. lol

I house sat for my boss for two days following mine. There wasn't a cold thing in her house I didn't use to comfort the codsack.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 56 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.