Home
Posted By: Ducksanddogs Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I’m sure there are threads about it on here somewhere, but they’re probably old and I don’t feel like dealing with searching for them and then filtering through all the typical BS to find the information I’m looking for. I can think of no better way to ruin my MLK Day morning bourbon.

For those of you who have had a vasectomy, worth it? Out of commission for how long? Painful? Any other thoughts? I’m 35, happily married, have two kids, and we’ve decided we’re done.

Considering getting one and want to hear from some like-minded folk.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I am soon to be 37, happily married and have 3 kids.

I personally would not get a vasectomy.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I guess it depends on your lifestyle.

I considered it , god knows there were days when my kids were 3/4 years old terrorizing the house and getting on my last nerve I would have done it if I could get in that day.

Around 35 my wife got an IUD? Its lasts for 5 years and eliminated her having a monthly period. It was a godsend to our marriage.

If you are married and the vasectomy seems like a last resort, I would ask my wife to consider the IUD. I know several married couples that have them and no issues.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
More than worth it. Have it done on a Friday afternoon, ice it and drink a few beers that night. You will be back in the saddle on Sunday. Just remember it takes a while to flush all them little bastards out.
Things change.

Don't do it.
Posted By: Ducksanddogs Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by KFWA

I considered it , god knows there were days when my kids were 3/4 years old terrorizing the house and getting on my last nerve I would have done it if I could get in that day.

Around 35 my wife got an IUD? Its lasts for 5 years and eliminated her having a monthly period. It was a godsend to our marriage.

If you are married and the vasectomy seems like a last resort, I would ask my wife to consider the IUD. I know several married couples that have them and no issues.

We’ve had the IUD for a while but it is giving her health issues. Considering this as a longer term option that doesn’t have a negative impact on her.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Done Jan 31 1984 at 2:00 PM. I was at work at 3:30 PM. And taking care of Momma by Jan 2.

Get Momma off the pill. Takes all the worries out of shared pleasures. No more watching the calendar, and praying for a period.

What's not to love?

Though I have known couples where husband getting a vasectomy did not keep wife from getting pregnant. But that is a different issue.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Things change.

Don't do it.

Even if they do, I’ll get another dog.
Posted By: deflave Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Never.

Ever.

Fugk & no.
Originally Posted by deflave
Never.

Ever.

Fugk & no.

I wanna know who comes up with this scheit?

Bob Barker or the Feminists?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
A friend of mine had it done. That night his wife rolled over and knee'd him in the balls. He said they swelled up like a basketball for a week. eek
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

We’ve had the IUD for a while but it is giving her health issues. Considering this as a longer term option that doesn’t have a negative impact on her.

About 15 years after my Vas, my wife opted for a Merena IUD. Not for birth control, but for hormone stability and it also eliminated her period. It was a godsend to her.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
If you're sure you're done with kids, do it. Uncomfortable for a couple days, but that's it.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
More than worth it. Have it done on a Friday afternoon, ice it and drink a few beers that night. You will be back in the saddle on Sunday. Just remember it takes a while to flush all them little bastards out.

Yep, no big deal. I drove myself an hour to the Dr. and then home afterwards. Even though it's tempting to take a peak during the surgery, I recommend you do not.
Never.

Ever.

Fugk & no.

I wanna know who comes up with this scheit?

Bob Barker or the Feminists?

No clue.

I've never found a downside to having kids anyway. Ignore them until they're five or so, and then you have a new friend.

What's the big deal?
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I had a vasectomy, but it didn't work. It just changed the color of the kids. The last two have been black..
A man should remain as dangerous as possible for as long as possible.

Dont put yourself in that rocking chair just yet.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Make sure you have a vas on both sides.
If you dont, get a kidney xray before surgery.
Proly find out youve got one kidney.
Dont let the doc go exploratory during vasectomy.
Waiting for someone who had one to tell of any any negative issues.

My Dad used to holler, "But, but, but it will make you sterile."
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Have one side done. If it isn't too bad, go in and have the other one done.
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I had a vasectomy, but it didn't work. It just changed the color of the kids. The last two have been black..

Musta got the wires crossed or something.
Hernia repair and aching nuts....for 3 yrs

Of course i got the kidney xray after.....allergic to dye.
Told them allergic to shellfish....fugging cluster fork

Like being lit on fire and wrapped in fiberglass
On top of nuts un frying pan hit w hammer every 10 mins.

Good times
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

Yep, no big deal. I drove myself an hour to the Dr. and then home afterwards. Even though it's tempting to take a peak during the surgery, I recommend you do not.

Hell, my wife was looking over Doc's shoulder, "Tie ANOTHER knot in that son of a bitch".
Posted By: aalf Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Good friend and his wife had their 2nd girl. Wifey talked him into getting snipped. Marriage started getting rocky, so they went to a counselor, where she admitted to not loving him when the 2nd was born, knew the bliss was over, and getting him snipped was out of spite.....ouch.....

After the divorce, he married a gal, and they wanted a kid. He went back in for surgery and they managed to get one nut working. So after several in vetro attempts and 60 grand, they had a bouncing baby boy.
Originally Posted by aalf
Good friend and his wife had their 2nd girl. Wifey talked him into getting snipped. Marriage started getting rocky, so they went to a counselor, where she admitted to not loving him when the 2nd was born, knew the bliss was over, and getting him snipped was out of spite.....ouch.....

After the divorce, he married a gal, and they wanted a kid. He went back in for surgery and they managed to get one nut working. So after several in vetro attempts and 60 grand, they had a bouncing baby boy.

Moral of the story?

Don't do it.
White men are receiving vasectomies at over twice the rate of blacks and Hispanics.

Nearly three times the rate during certain years.

Just sayin.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
God forbid anything catastrophic should ever happen to your family....but at your age you are young enough to start over if the unforeseen worst would happen. Don't rush into this decision.
Made my kids.
Still paying too.

No more from this prick.

Shoulda got clipped way back. Could retire.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I've had one, No issues,

Both brothers had 'em too and had issues, One didn't wear underwear, the other didn't let it heal before he was up and about.

I had mine on a Thursday and was back at work - slowly and easy - Monday. By Friday I was fine and better than new.

Get TWO jock straps and wear OUTSIDE your briefs, You'll have some leakage and stuff, keep the area clean,
When you wash one, you'll have the 2nd one for support, keep it tight for 2-3 days and you'll be fine.
Posted By: victoro Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20

My wife got an IUD when she 28 because she was having problems with birth control pills (sore boobs). I didn't like it because there a piece of the IUD sticking out of her uterus (I guess so the Doc could tell it was still in place) and it poked me when I was fully engaged. She went back on the birth control pills after about 6 months and I ended getting a vasectomy a few years later.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Oh, I gotta do this....
Go anal, and dont worry about it !!
You may get her pregnant, and have a Democrat tho !

ok that made me laugh
Originally Posted by victoro

My wife got an IUD when she 28 because she was having problems with birth control pills (sore boobs). I didn't like it because there a piece of the IUD sticking out of her uterus (I guess so the Doc could tell it was still in place) and it poked me when I was fully engaged. She went back on the birth control pills after about 6 months and I ended getting a vasectomy a few years later.

is this some kind of I have a big dick humble brag thing? (joking)
Originally Posted by flintlocke
God forbid anything catastrophic should ever happen to your family....but at your age you are young enough to start over if the unforeseen worst would happen. Don't rush into this decision.

God forbid!

But in that situation, there are millions of kids out there needing homes and parents. Does it really matter what DNA they carry?
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
The only downfalls are a slight loss in trajectory and payload.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I never heard of anything protruding through the cervix but a little bit of string. I thought it was there for increased stimulation.
White men are receiving vasectomies at over twice the rate of blacks and Hispanics.

Just sayin.

We plan ahead. They don't. They make up for that with increased abortion rates.
It aint enough.

Go forth and populate.
Posted By: Farming Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Did some home work. Found a Dr. that does lots of them with a good reputation. Drank a tall boy before walking in to calm nerves. Minor discomfort the first day but no big deal. Drove 900+ miles to Montana for family vacation a couple days later with no problem. I did decline the kids request to go horseback riding that week.
Well Flave.......looks like we is outvoted on this deal.

Amazing.
Posted By: hanco Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Had it done 32 years ago. Takes the worry out of fuucking!
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Neuterd Tom cat....
Just lay around on the sofa and eat mode.

Fugg that.....

Watch while the smoke rolls outta your nutsack when the sodering iron they use is in action
Balls swell up the size of a small grapefruit.

Fugg that.....

Knew several dudes that had it done while I was in the army.

None of it sounded any good.

Just have the old lady get her tubes tied.

Better yet
Just do money shots....
It don’t hurt.... too bad
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I got snipped a few years ago. Minor discomfort for a few days,everything was back to normal within a week.

I still feel like it's one of the better decisions I ever made
Posted By: tmitch Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Had it done 18 or so years ago. Nothing to the actual surgery..... local anesthetic, no stitches, no real discomfort. Couple days celibate, then back in the saddle to flush those swimmers out. The decision to get it done is another matter, one that only you can make. 35 seems a bit young to me, but again, a decision you have to be good with.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20

For those of you who have had a vasectomy, worth it? Out of commission for how long? Painful? Any other thoughts? I’m 35, happily married, have two kids, and we’ve decided we’re done.

Got one on my early 20s ( I don't like kids...to put it mildly..) Absolutely the best decision I ever made in my life. Not too awful painful, out of commission per se for about 4 weeks IIRC...other thoughts...if you ever end up single again, its like having a license to kill. Also..your wife doesn't have to be on BC pills with al the hormonal stuff going on there...its a win/win.
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
No big deal if you're sure you're done. The urologist who did mine, did his own. The ultimate DIY job.
two places I don't want someone with a scalpel

my balls and my eyes. ( I won't get lasik surgery either)
Originally Posted by ingwe

Got one on my early 20s ( I don't like kids...to put it mildly..) Absolutely the best decision I ever made in my life. Not too awful painful, out of commission per se for about 4 weeks IIRC...other thoughts...if you ever end up single again, its like having a license to kill. Also..your wife doesn't have to be on BC pills with al the hormonal stuff going on there...its a win/win.

Haha!

They got this new thing these days.......its called VD.
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
No big deal if you're sure you're done. The urologist who did mine, did his own. The ultimate DIY job.

Jesus Christ. Although, after a few too many when one of my kids does something particularly boneheaded, I’ve threatened to do my own. Only difference, I suppose, is that he knows what he’s doing. My plan involved a sharpened spoon and a towel to bite.
I got a vasectomy when I was 42 and was sure I didn't want to have any more kids other than the 2 I had. If I had it to all over I would have gotten my wife to have her tubes tied but at time I got my vasectomy her Doc wasn't doing the arthroscopic tube tying procedure.

I asked everybody I knew who had had a vasectomy about their experience with the procedure and they all lied and said there nothing to it. I got a shot in my scrotum where the Doc about a 1 inch incision. I thought all the pain over after the shot but when he cut the first tube it hurt so bad I got nauseous and starting sweating. The nurse ask if I was ok and I "Not Really" but it was too late to back out. When the other tube it was just as painful. After the surgery the Doc put my testicles in a little jock strap and sent me on my way without a prescription for pain medication. He told me if I had a any pain to take Ibuprofen as needed. This was on Friday morning so I figured I'd be ready to go to work Monday like all my friends said I would. By the time I got home my testicles had fallen out of the jock strap and I was beginning to feel some pain. I ended up spending the rest of the weekend in bed on my back with a pillow under my butt so my testicles couldn't hang down. I had no pain unless they hanging. The Doc didn't tell me that sometimes your testicles don't get the message to cut back on sperm production right away and you might temporary swollen testicles. I had swollen testicles by Monday and ended wearing a jock strap and walking funny because of my swollen testicles (couldn't put my legs together). All my friends who told me there was nothing to it thought it was hilarious. I wore a jock strap and walked funny for the next 2 weeks. About 6 months later I jumped out of pickup bed at the deer lease and when I hit the ground the ground and my testicles hit the end of their ropes it was very painful. It took another 6 months for the pain to end completely.
Posted By: hatari Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20

LMAO! smile
What year were you 42?
Originally Posted by UPhiker
If you're sure you're done with kids, do it. Uncomfortable for a couple days, but that's it.

I don't know anybody that had that experience.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
As others have said, have her get an IUD. Best of both worlds. It makes sex worry free and spontaneous. No way I’m getting my sack carved on
Posted By: slumlord Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I had my wife’s tubes stomped, tied and then burned and the hole filled up with concrete.

Sounds like all your friends did?
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
As others have said, have her get an IUD. Best of both worlds. It makes sex worry free and spontaneous. No way I’m getting my sack carved on

As I mentioned earlier, an IUD won’t work. We tried and she had health issues associated with it.
Posted By: JefeMojado Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Had mine done at age 25, bout 1978. Literally had to provide a note from the wife, the doc thought I was to young for procedure. The worst part of the whole affair, was the semen check after a couple weeks. Went to hospital, gal gave me a little cup, and pointed to rest room in the waiting room. Tough to give up a sample when you can hear kids scurrying around the waiting room and the receptionists knew exactly what your job was.
Posted By: papalondog Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I had it done years ago. Day after I went out and cut a load of wood. Get it done after thinking it through. If something would happen to your wife and you would remarry, would she want kids? Other than that, it was local anesthesia and the doc and I joked through the whole procedure. Come to think about it, I hope he got it right :_)
"is this some kind of I have a big dick humble brag thing? (joking)"

Not really my wife was the only woman I had sex with in my that had an IUD and who occasionally complained about me "hitting bottom". Short vagina maybe?

As I mentioned earlier, an IUD won’t work. We tried and she had health issues associated with it.

thats too bad. A woman without her monthly period makes life much easier
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Hell to the [bleep] no. 52 and still humpin like rabbits. I think it turns her on more knowing I aint shooting blanks.

lmao

thats too bad. A woman without her monthly period makes life much easier

Thats happening naturally.

Buck up buttercup.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I never heard of anything protruding through the cervix but a little bit of string. I thought it was there for increased stimulation.

It was stiff and sharp like the end of 50lb monofilament fishing line but I was able to work through the discomfort.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Never.

Ever.

Fugk & no.
For a bunch of big tough he man hunters on this site, I never would have guessed the %age population scared schittless of a ten minute snip.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
But in that situation, there are millions of kids out there needing homes and parents. Does it really matter what DNA they carry?

Yes, it does matter. Not that adopting is bad, it certainly isn’t. But DNA matters. It isn’t just looks that are passed down. Mannerisms, personality, and more are affected by DNA. Your children are modern versions of you. Especially if you raise them right.

We need all the good men making more of themselves, not bringing foreign children with foreign DNA here to raise. The foreigners breed like rabbits with no plan for raising productive and moral children in many cases. They are changing America, and not for the better. And white Americans are not having children even at a rate to maintain the population. Many of them are adopting the children of foreigners. Still more have kids, but let them grow like weeds, with the school forming their thought processes. See a problem? Try adopting a white kid. It ain’t easy, or cheap. Easier to adopt a foreign child. Why is that?

Yes DNA, does matter. We need to be having all the kids we can raise. And raising them to understand their place, and their responsibilities to the family and the nation. Raising them to be good parents, and to continue the lineage and the culture.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20

Got mine done back in early '79 soon after our 3rd child was born. Three children was all we could provide a decent life for and raise properly.

The procedure itself was quick, for the most part pretty much painless and relatively quick recovery back to normal, whereas if my wife would have went with surgical sterilization it wouldn't have been so easy, longer recovery, possibly more complications with some potentially long term.

The downside to mine was once the initial anesthetic wore off I had pain that lasted longer than typical. Although I went back to work the very next scheduled work day any physical movement from the waist down was painful for about a week after. Simply stepping up or down as I normally would've hurt like the dickens. I quickly learned to move as slowly and gently as possible. Mine wasn't the norm, though.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Scared or macho, the kind of guy who won't use a c ondom.
I was damaged....hernia from exploration during vasectomy. Stepson came over to push mow my yard.
Couldn't get mower started.

Vasectomy and nut/gut damage on Friday. This was Sat afternoon.

Pushed my guts in and mowed my own yard.
Hell, I couldnt feel any worse.
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf

Yes, it does matter. Not that adopting is bad, it certainly isn’t. But DNA matters. It isn’t just looks that are passed down. Mannerisms, personality, and more are affected by DNA. Your children are modern versions of you. Especially if you raise them right.

We need all the good men making more of themselves, not bringing foreign children with foreign DNA here to raise. The foreigners breed like rabbits with no plan for raising productive and moral children in many cases. They are changing America, and not for the better. And white Americans are not having children even at a rate to maintain the population. Many of them are adopting the children of foreigners. Still more have kids, but let them grow like weeds, with the school forming their thought processes. See a problem? Try adopting a white kid. It ain’t easy, or cheap. Easier to adopt a foreign child. Why is that?

Yes DNA, does matter. We need to be having all the kids we can raise. And raising them to understand their place, and their responsibilities to the family and the nation. Raising them to be good parents, and to continue the lineage and the culture.

With the exception of certain genotypic anomalies, most personality traits are acquired through environmental influence during the formative years, not a phenotypic expression of alleles that yield a predisposition to suck.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Had mine done at age 25, bout 1978. Literally had to provide a note from the wife, the doc thought I was to young for procedure. The worst part of the whole affair, was the semen check after a couple weeks. Went to hospital, gal gave me a little cup, and pointed to rest room in the waiting room. Tough to give up a sample when you can hear kids scurrying around the waiting room and the receptionists knew exactly what your job was.
Should have asked the receptionist to help a brother out...
The way some kids act/ think has to be genetic.
Posted By: skinnyjimmy Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I'm glad I had it done. Minimal discomfort. It cost me $25.99. $25 for the insurance co-pay and 99 cents for the bag of frozen peas.
Posted By: johnw Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by Rooster7

lmao

Guy's got eyeballs like Achmed

Posted By: Valsdad Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
This has been a hilarious morning read.
Ducks and dogs,

Good luck coming to a decision based on what I've read so far.

Geno
No kidding. If I do it, I’m destroying the white race. If I don’t, I’m a wuss.
Originally Posted by skinnyjimmy
I'm glad I had it done. Minimal discomfort. It cost me $25.99. $25 for the insurance co-pay and 99 cents for the bag of frozen peas.

While I appreciate your input, I refuse to take any vasectomy advice from a dude named “skinnyjimmy.”
Posted By: ironbender Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20

There is a “ no needle; no scalpel “ method.

Good thing my grandparents were "foreigners" that bred like rabbits then..........or Dad wouldn't have 5 brothers and sisters for me to call Aunt and Uncle, and they wouldn't have had 4-5 kids each for me to call cousin, and I wouldn't have 4 siblings..............................and all that's not even counting the Mic side of the family. There may be more of them than the Dago side even.

Most of the progeny of them "foreigners" turned out to be pretty decent citizens............ (although many of us did learn to be pretty "pro-labor" shocked )

Geno
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
[quote=KFWA]I guess it depends on your lifestyle.

+1 here. late 40's, couple awesome kids and a great wife. I'd have more kids but its just not in the cards for us.

Wife has done all of the birthcontrol heavy lifting, and Dr said its time to give it a rest (paraphrasing of course). So, my turn.

I have not yet heard any negative impacts aside from "what if things change etc etc", which I respect but is not a concern.

Good thread.

Is this true? I hadnt heard it, but it makes some sense i guess.

Huh.
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Is this true? I hadnt heard it, but it makes some sense i guess.

Huh.

It’s a jo, ah say a joke, son!
Posted By: smarquez Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I know several women including my wife that had tubes tied. She went from light periods and mild PMS to her periods being a blood bath. Horrible cramps and dragon like PMS. The other women I spoke of had an increase in all their symptoms too. If I had it to do again I would get cut. No man I know ever complained about any after affects for a vasectomy.

Sounds like all your friends did?

No they didn't, they all had bad experiences and went to same Doc.
Posted By: Robster Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Had it done in my mid 30's. 48 now. Procedure was nothing. A day or two of taking it easy. After that, Worry free sex for life!!!! Well worth the minor discomfort.
I have two kids, but I would NEVER want another. I'm just selfish with my time. Would not want to go back in time and have more and never want another.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Never.

Ever.

Fugk & no.

+1
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Jesus Christ. Although, after a few too many when one of my kids does something particularly boneheaded, I’ve threatened to do my own. Only difference, I suppose, is that he knows what he’s doing. My plan involved a sharpened spoon and a towel to bite.

LOL. He is now a member of Congress and a really strong conservative.
For a bunch of big tough he man hunters on this site, I never would have guessed the %age population scared schittless of a ten minute snip.

How did you get that so fugged up in your head?

You say there are no after effects! Hahahah! Bullshit!

You have normalized getting neutered. An obvious side effect if there ever was one.
Posted By: utah708 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Git er done.

(Its been about 25 years since mine.)
Just teasing.....kinda. whistle
OK...

I've held off, but here it goes.

After the snip your nads are supposed to cut back production and eventually stop completely. In a percentage of cases that doesn't happen.\

My best buddy cousin had it done in the early 1990s and was Ok for a short while. Then persistent pain began.

One day while working at home the pain got severe and he knocked off for the day and jumped in the shower to clean up. While washing, he found that he had a "3rd" and very painful ball.
This was on a Saturday afternoon and he played hob getting hold of his doctor.

That evening in the hospital he was told that one nut had "calved" for lack of a better word, from the pressure of unreleased production. Surgery recommended...

Yup....
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
We had 2 boys and wanted no more children. Procedure was simple no issues other than my son whining about me using his lunch ice pack instead of the frozen peas (I hate waisting food and for the record the ice pack was inside a plastic baggie).
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
After momma had 3 miscarriages I went in and got snipped, 6 months later the wife had a hysterectomy Talk about a fugged up deal for me.

Did it on friday at noon, sat around w frozen veggies on the sack all weekend and stitches fell out 10 days or so later.

Momma helped me w a sample a month or so later.

No real discomfort for me at all.
And I've known various guys who had wives/girlfriends who really insisted that they get snipped. Then when they wanted a baby insisted that the guy have it reversed...
Posted By: BRISTECD Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I did. Worst money I ever spent.
Posted By: gritsnfishin1 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
I had it done. Lil pain but not unbearable by any means. The most uncomfortable part was the prostate exam. Felt like I needed to take a crap for the rest of the day. Everything went well afterwards and nothing is different except the jewels seem to ride a little lower now. Even the warden made a comment about it a few weeks ago. I thought it was just my imagination.
I also heard it affects memory, but I cannot remember who I heard that from. 😄
You would think by now medical "science" would have come up with a simple shut off valve to install, turn the flow back on in case of the divorce (+/- 40% chance of one or so it seems) or a change of heart.

Heck, I have a valve on the oil pans of my vehicles so I don't have to pull a plug every 6000-10000 miles.

I figure with all the modern tech available now they could even do the blue tooth thingie and you could just turn the flow back on from your smart phone at the same time as you're dimming the lights upstairs and turning on the Barry White to set the mood.

Geno
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Had it done on a Friday. Busting truck tires with a tire hammer on Monday...
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You would think by now medical "science" would have come up with a simple shut off valve to install,
Geno

It's called "pulling out."
You would think by now medical "science" would have come up with a simple shut off valve to install,
Geno

Or the "Dump Truck Method"

Back up and dump! lol
You would think by now medical "science" would have come up with a simple shut off valve to install, turn the flow back on in case of the divorce (+/- 40% chance of one or so it seems) or a change of heart.

Heck, I have a valve on the oil pans of my vehicles so I don't have to pull a plug every 6000-10000 miles.

I figure with all the modern tech available now they could even do the blue tooth thingie and you could just turn the flow back on from your smart phone at the same time as you're dimming the lights upstairs and turning on the Barry White to set the mood.

Geno

It’s already available
Posted By: jpb Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by ironbender

I've heard of that...

[Linked Image from www2.b3ta.com]

sick eek

John
Tell your wife this:

“Honey, my next wife might want kids”.

You won’t need to worry about sex for a few weeks, I know. And don’t believe that crap about ‘but we can have sex more often’. That is a lie!
Originally Posted by jpb

I've heard of that...

[Linked Image from www2.b3ta.com]

sick eek

John

😳😳😳
Geno

If I wasn't so drunk that I forgot,

it was my preferred method for many years.

Who knows, maybe a few little Genos running around the world, none I've ever been informed of though.

Another good reason to avoid the 23&me swabs.

Geno

Geno

It’s already available

If you say so, I'll take your word for it. Doesn't like my ad blocker.

But, is it blue tooth capable?

Geno
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
From the internet:
“During spermatogenisis, your testicles make several million sperm per day —- about 1500 per second. By the end of a full sperm production cycle, you can generate up to 8 billion sperm.”

I refuse to create 8 billion POWs per graduating class, then pretend I’m still a decent human being. grin
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Had it done 35 years ago. While I was up on the table, exposed in all my glory to the nurses wandering in and out, I asked the doc "How long until I can get "back in the saddle"?

He said "As soon as you're comfortable."

I was chasing my wife around the next day. She referred to it as getting fuqqed by Barney's dick, I was so bruised and purple.

No side effects at all. Still works as good as ever.
Posted By: las Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
30 years ago for me. Women tend to have more medic probems when neutered than men do, so there is that.

As said, drove myself to and from the clinic the day of - a Friday.

Don't do ANYTHING strenuous for 5 days (3 is probably OK- but why take chances). I moved a half dozen concrete blocks my second day and had one nut swell up to about 3X for a few days.

If swabbed down with sterilizing goop, be sure to carefully wash it off right after. The itching that night about drove me to cut everything off!

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have done it at 18....

Originally Posted by flintlocke

God forbid!

Not me. I have gray hair and a Dell computer.
Sounds like a tampon commercial.

Look at me! I can go swimming, horseback riding...jogging.....cant even feel it!

Your friends wont ever know....

Half these guys want to take away women's suffrage and the other half allow women to talk them into getting fixed.

Yowsa!
Posted By: 117LBS Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20

As long as its not the same scalpel. Wouldn’t that be a crazy al la carte menu?
Posted By: Ralphie Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Done Jan 31 1984 at 2:00 PM. I was at work at 3:30 PM. And taking care of Momma by Jan 2.

If it took 11 months to get back to taking care of momma I’m not sure it was worth it.😀
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by Ralphie

If it took 11 months to get back to taking care of momma I’m not sure it was worth it.😀

laugh
I gotta a sazall, fix you up cheap, special today!
Posted By: 79S Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Sounds like a tampon commercial.

Look at me! I can go swimming, horseback riding...jogging.....cant even feel it!

Your friends wont ever know....

Half these guys want to take away women's suffrage and the other half allow women to talk them into getting fixed.

Yowsa!

Just admit it your ol lady has your balls in her purse. We are onto you .
Originally Posted by 222Rem
From the internet:
“During spermatogenisis, your testicles make several million sperm per day —- about 1500 per second. By the end of a full sperm production cycle, you can generate up to 8 billion sperm.”

I refuse to create 8 billion POWs per graduating class, then pretend I’m still a decent human being. grin

I used to say I dont want a Vasectomy because I felt like I was cheating evolution, and humanity, of the potential for more of my genes. Doing society a favor and all...

But your quote above? I'm stealing it.

Fantastic man.

Bravo.
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Interesting that the ones who are venomously opposed haven't had the operation. If your marriage is solid and you truly do not want any more children then go ahead. It is your decision not some one else. Had mine about 46 years ago and never regretted it.
Those opposed have opinions not experience.

Jim
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Interesting that the ones who are venomously opposed haven't had the operation. If your marriage is solid and you truly do not want any more children then go ahead. It is your decision not some one else. Had mine about 46 years ago and never regretted it.

Jim

This!
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Best money I ever spent.
A filling at the dentist's office is more difficult.
Get it done asap.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Best money I ever spent.
Get it done asap.

I never had any dental work that made my nuts swell up and ache for weeks.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Best money I ever spent.
Get it done asap.

You had a piss poor doctor.
Posted By: jpb Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by gritsnfishin1
I had it done. Lil pain but not unbearable by any means. The most uncomfortable part was the prostate exam. Felt like I needed to take a crap for the rest of the day. Everything went well afterwards and nothing is different except the jewels seem to ride a little lower now. Even the warden made a comment about it a few weeks ago. I thought it was just my imagination.

That reminds me of a joke... grin

An attorney arrived home late, after a very tough day trying to get a stay of execution for his client convicted of murder. His last minute plea for clemency to the governor had failed and he was feeling worn out and depressed.

As soon as he walked through the door at home, his wife started on him, 'What time of night to be getting home is this? Where have you been? Dinner is cold and I'm not reheating it'. And on and on and on.

Too shattered to play his usual role in this familiar ritual, he poured himself a shot of whiskey and headed off for a long hot soak in the bathtub, pursued by his wife’s predictable sarcastic remarks as he dragged himself up the stairs.

While he was in the bath, the phone rang. The wife answered and was told that her husband's client, James Wright, had been granted a stay of execution after all. Wright would not be hanged tonight.

Finally realizing what a terrible day he must have had, she decided to go upstairs and give him the good news.

As she opened the bathroom door, she was greeted by the sight of her husband, bent over naked, drying his legs and feet.

'They're not hanging Wright tonight!' she said.

He whirled around and screamed, 'For the love of god woman, don't you ever stop?'

John

Zero bruising. Packed nuts in ice first night.
Taking the suture out when ready, was weird..........sat on the floor and slow pulled, thought it'd bust open and my nuts roll out LOL
Think I was banging the ol lady a week after, even though i was in extreme pain.
She had a nice ass back then.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Snip Snip - 01/20/20
Best money I ever spent.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Ducksanddogs: I have had a personal policy of NEVER, I repeat NEVER allowing sharp objects of any kind anywhere near my cock and balls!
EVER!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: hardway Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Had it done 3 years ago.... have a boy and a girl with my wife.....regardless of what the future brings I don’t want any more kids..... bunch of pu$$ies...... on top of that....I know 3-4 guys who got divorced and remarried..... paid 7 or 8 grand, had em sewn back together and fathered more kids.......chit, I tell every dumb azz 18 year old kid I know to get it done......when they can save the 8 grand to get it reversed they are responsible enough to be a parent.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20

About 15 years after my Vas, my wife opted for a Merena IUD. Not for birth control, but for hormone stability and it also eliminated her period. It was a godsend to her.

Different people, different effects.
My wife had that for almost 5 years.
Very effective. Shut her completely off.
Ended up with depression, on happy pills.
New veterinarian (Beaver doc) said it was time to
remove it. And expressed his dislike of the product and it's
side effects. In 6 months my wife was back.

She had a new procedure tgat blocks the fallopian tubes.
No cutting necessary.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
I did it 14 years ago more or less. My reasons are my own, but boil down to not wanting the potential for a bastard and all the attendant bullschidt of half siblings. I had my kids, and didn't want them to have to share me if things went south with their mom. FWIW they haven't. smile

But to do over, I'd not do it unless my wife was in danger of dying were she to become pregnant. Was an easy in and out procedure, but anybody tells you they're the same after as before are lying or didn't have much to start with.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Woman gets her period?

Who knew?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I did it 14 years ago more or less. My reasons are my own, but boil down to not wanting the potential for a bastard and all the attendant bullschidt of half siblings. I had my kids, and didn't want them to have to share me if things went south with their mom. FWIW they haven't. smile

But to do over, I'd not do it unless my wife was in danger of dying were she to become pregnant. Was an easy in and out procedure, but anybody tells you they're the same after as before are lying or didn't have much to start with.

Bless you my son.
If i get cut now.....i might have to pay back those stud fees i get from the Hutterites!
Posted By: 458Win Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
I am 71 years old, had it done when I was 35, sat up and watched the MD do it, asked for the pieces. The doc asked why and I told him I wanted them bronzed to make my wife earrings. He didn't have a sense of humor

Went shopping with my wife and kids, got back in the plane and flew home. That was abit uncomfortable.

One of the best decisions of my life.
Posted By: efw Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
No negative issues here.

We have 5 awesome children and I had mine done about 10 yrs ago.

Not fun for a couple of days; I preferred peas to corn. Sat at my reloading bench and loaded several thousand rounds.
Posted By: SMalloy805 Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Large number of Vasectomits done durring March Madness.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
I had it done about 20 years ago. 3-4 days of lessening discomfort. 15 minutes for the procedure? No issues.

IUDs have been known to cause infection and other issues. It is a foreign object in the body. I would not ask my wife to get one.

A vasectomy is more or less non-invasive compared to a hysterectomy.
Posted By: EdM Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Best money I ever spent.
Get it done asap.

You had a piss poor doctor.

Bingo.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
If i get cut now.....i might have to pay back those stud fees i get from the Hutterites!

Crap, there goes the profit on that 500 acres of hay?

Geno
Posted By: Otter Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Daughter was born mid-December in 1981. I got cut the first Friday in 1982. No problems after the procedure and never regretted the decision. Then my bride had to have a full hysterectomy a few years later and that sealed the worries of watching the calendar.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
I'll turn 40 next month and we are finished having kids. I haven't scheduled it yet but it's happening in the next couple months. I'm not looking forward to it. I don't expect it be fun. I expect it will be uncomfortable, if not painful. This is all minor bs compared to having to work extra years to pay for another college education, vehicle, possible wedding etc. should one slip by the goalie. I know a guy in his late 40s that has a kid in college and just found out he has another on the way. No thanks
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
I guess kids don't work to buy their own vehicles anymore?

Geno
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
I got mine done when I was 25. Best money I ever spent.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
A bunch of us friends from the fire department had to load a buddy up into the bed of a pickup and take him to the ER. He couldn’t wait and got frisky with his wife too soon after the snip-snip and he wound up having a couple of grapefruits for nuts....they got better but he sure seemed to be in serious discomfort at the time. 😂. At the time I didn’t think there was enough ice in Antarctica to deal with that swelling. You know it’s bad when a bunch of paramedics and EMT’s with a 100 years of experience between them are standing around staring at another man’s testicles saying.....”WOW dude that’s crazy, I’ve never seen anything like it before”. 😁

Our last child was born by C-section so my wife had her tubes tied then. I don’t regret the testicular reprieve I was given.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
I've had three vasectomies. Aint no thing.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20

Yeah.....well everything is bigger in Alaska.

For best results however, it’s always a good idea to have an actual doctor perform the procedure no matter how willing your buddy is to do it or how cheap your buddy will do it for.....as I’m sure you’ve learned by the third time.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Done about 6 months ago. No biggie.
Buddy just had an unexpected bundle of joy at the age of 42. Happy for him and his wife, but so glad I'm not in his position. Lol
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Interesting that the ones who are venomously opposed haven't had the operation....................

I haven’t had the experience of getting my arm cut off either but I’m pretty sure I’d be opposed to it.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20

Just sayin.

Some guys want a share of baby mommas govt check every month, you know, for doing such a good job. We pay, they play whistle
Posted By: Cinch Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Question for those that have done the deal in the last 4-5 years... what did this cost?
Posted By: TheKid Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Next time you’re in Anchortown run down and ask Steve about it. He says if you take all the pills at once before you go in you’ll hold yer old wacker back out of the way by yourself while the doc does the cuttin, just to be helpful. smile
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20

Best comment so far! laugh
I’ll bet I could make a fortune if I invented a miniaturized hydraulic coupler quick disconnect!
Posted By: deflave Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by Cinch
Question for those that have done the deal in the last 4-5 years... what did this cost?

Your soul.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Generally painless. The tugging sensation was a odd. The sound and smell of cauterized ball meat was a bit unnerving. I looked like Mike Tyson punched me in the sack. It stayed colorful for a while. Definitely worth it.
Posted By: hardway Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20

Nothin.... insurance was happy to pay for it vs. my wife and I having more children.
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
You guys have lost me....I found my twin girls "under a cabbage leaf".....:) either that or the Stork brought them, I forget. I also have forgotten "which arm its under", if you know what I mean? lol
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Got snipped about 45 years ago.

Had a Daughter, then two years later, my (EX)Wife insisted we have another child so the first one wouldn't be raised by herself.

I went down and got snipped while the second one was in the "hanger" just to make sure "we" didn't have any more kids!

Smartest thing I ever did. should have done it after the first one.

Not much pain, and thing were good as new in a few days.

After my first wife and I split and I was dating, I always reassured my dates that they didn't need to worry about me getting them pregnant.

Virgil B.
Well....i guess he is probably skipping off to the doctor this morning.

You bastids. His balls were in your hands!
Posted By: KFWA Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
I knew a guy that had it done, but it was done half ass.

His wife got pregnant a year later and he was fit to be tied. They were very close to getting a divorce before they found how he wasn't shooting blanks.

To this day, he doesn't see the humor in it (and it raising a kid to boot). Not sure if he sued the doc over the cost of raising a kid or not.
Posted By: centershot Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Generally painless. The tugging sensation was a odd. The sound and smell of cauterized ball meat was a bit unnerving. I looked like Mike Tyson punched me in the sack. It stayed colorful for a while. Definitely worth it.

That tugging sensation is when you realize your balls are connected clear up to your eyelids. Make sure you have a couple bags of frozen peas to rotate out. Don't do anything but sit on the couch for a couple days and it goes pretty good. You'll be black and blue for a week or two but well worth it in the end. Mine was done in 2000 and I get chills thinking about that tugging sensation'. lol
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by hardway

Nothin.... insurance was happy to pay for it vs. my wife and I having more children.

Mine was about 5 years ago and I had it done by a urologist , not a family Dr in his office. I paid cash about $1100
I knew a guy that had it done, but it was done half ass.

His wife got pregnant a year later and he was fit to be tied. They were very close to getting a divorce before they found how he wasn't shooting blanks.

To this day, he doesn't see the humor in it (and it raising a kid to boot). Not sure if he sued the doc over the cost of raising a kid or not.

Whata a fugging crybaby!

Hope the kid tells him to visit with himself when he is in the nursing home!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Nope. The wife asked and I declined.

Worked with a guy that got cut when he was 29. Thought he was crazy.
Miserable fugger. He is likely doing any unborn children a favor.

I’m pretty awesome though. Anymore kids outta me will be lucky.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
34 years ago, zero regrets. Better investment than index funds.

Scariest part was watching the field be cleared with a STRAIGHT RAZOR. Old rural doc.

It's called a two-ball ligation. ;-{>8
Posted By: ironbender Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

For best results however, it’s always a good idea to have an actual doctor perform the procedure no matter how willing your buddy is to do it or how cheap your buddy will do it for.....as I’m sure you’ve learned by the third time.

First time the novocaine didn’t gitRdone. Right side basically without anesthetic.

Second time; Got referred to a urologist who assured me “I know what I’m doing”
mmhmm
Same result anesthetic-wise, but chose to not tough it out again.

Third time; went to surgery and got put under.

Yeah, I’m a tough SOB.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Scared or macho, the kind of guy who won't use a c ondom.

Condoms are damned expensive.....when you are going through 100 a month. And they break frequently. Besides, they are really not that effective. Sources state condoms are 98% effective birth control IF used perfectly.

But in real life they are 85% effective.

So if used perfectly, and you are making it an average of three times a day, she is going to get pregnant twice every month.

All I know for sure is, we were using condoms WITH spermicide foam and I knocked her up twice in the first year I knew her. But never again after the vasectomy.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20

Vasectomy: Spoil the rod - Spare the child
Geno

OMG, I hope you don't tell that to you sons or daughters. That's a great way to become a grandparent early.
Originally Posted by Ralphie

Wow, that's quote a typo.
I got it done New Year's eve, as I already had the deductible covered for the year, and our healthy baby girl had been born Nov 25.

Back in the saddle just in time to coincide with Momma's post partum rest and recovery period.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20

Had it done with kids were around 6 and 4 or so (27, 29 now). Do what they tell you you will have no issues, no pain, just a bit of discomfort for a day or so.

Had mine Friday morning, spent the weekend on the couch with Dr's orders (how often can you do that, no nagging!). Take about a week "off" from activity with the wife. Then have at it. Takes several loads to clean out the pipes, then you have to give a couple of samples to make sure you got none left. Wife can help in that department, like my dr told us, timing of getting the sample isn't critical, we know you're guys work, now we want to just make sure no more are there.

No difference in performance, desire etc.

The pressure of needing birth control of any type is gone and that can be a freeing experience. It's the much simpler of the surgical options (you or her).

Now they have the no knife method.

Those that don't want to do it are either not secure in the marriage, or just illogically afraid of a knife to the nuts
Posted By: victoro Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
"First time the novocaine didn’t gitRdone. Right side basically without anesthetic."

The anesthetic only numbs the location in the middle of your scrotum where the only incision is made. There is no anesthetic for what happens next. They pull each sperm duct out of your scrotum separately, cut out a section of the duct and then tie off ends of the duct. I was ok until the Doc started separating the duct from the other stuff so he could cut it. It felt like it feels when you take a good hit to the nuts. I watched the whole thing so I knew what was coming and gritted my teeth when he pulled the second duct out. The nurse was VERY pretty so I didn't want her to think I was a sissy.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20

Bro, don’t do it!

I must have walked in the wrong door and ended up with my junk in the hands of a veterinarian because he treated my precious like they were rubber balls. Still hurts thinking about it...😎
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by centershot

That tugging sensation is when you realize your balls are connected clear up to your eyelids. Make sure you have a couple bags of frozen peas to rotate out. Don't do anything but sit on the couch for a couple days and it goes pretty good. You'll be black and blue for a week or two but well worth it in the end. Mine was done in 2000 and I get chills thinking about that tugging sensation'. lol

I house sat for my boss for two days following mine. There wasn't a cold thing in her house I didn't use to comfort the codsack.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
Lmao

Lots of emotion in this thread. Who knew how many other men would care if another got fixed.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
After our third child was born, my wife and I agreed that I would be the one to get cut. It was a mutual agreement.

My wife made the appointment and I never bothered to ask the doctor's name. When he walked in I knew immediately that his name wasn't Dr. Smith. He had an East Indian type bearded face and his head was wrapped in a dark blue bath towel. By then I was on my way out from the anesthesia, but I didn't see a scimitar before I went blank. When I woke up it was all over.

This was on a Friday morning. I spent Friday on the couch at home and felt good enough by Saturday afternoon that I went out in the yard and pulled some weeds growing in our new lawn. I went back to work on Monday and I have never looked back. For me it was easy peasy...........

And maybe a week later, everything worked just like it had before I met "Dr. Smith"........... laugh
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Lmao

Lots of emotion in this thread. Who knew how many other men would care if another got fixed.

Its the fugging principal.

Get the snip and you are headed towards coat rack status. Just a place to hang her purse.
Posted By: Slope77 Re: Snip Snip - 01/21/20
I think I was about 40 when i had it done, a few months after the birth of our third.

Didn’t bug me much - a little swelling, a little pain, gone in a few days.

For some time after that, i would occasionally get a little aching. Don’t recall when that stopped entirely, probably a couple years and it was infrequent. Less painful than a sore throat.

Wife had previously taken care of birth control - she was on the pill when we weren’t trying to have kids. Vasectomy is a lot easier and less invasive than a woman having her tubes tied.

It is nice not to have to worry about it, and function seems to be the exact same as it always was.

Would I do it again? Sure, but I would wait longer. We were “done” having kids. I wouldn’t have minded another, but she had had enough, and that’s ok.

I wouldn’t get it done when I thought “we were done” having kids, I’d have it done when I was dang sure I didn’t want to be father to another baby. At this point, I’m almost 50 and I know that my late nights will be waiting for teenagers, not changing diapers. But in retrospect, I wouldn’t do it at 40 again.

Like Jim said, things change.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

First time the novocaine didn’t gitRdone. Right side basically without anesthetic.

Second time; Got referred to a urologist who assured me “I know what I’m doing”
mmhmm
Same result anesthetic-wise, but chose to not tough it out again.

Third time; went to surgery and got put under.

Yeah, I’m a tough SOB.

Sorry to read such a painful series of events! I was almost feeling sympathy pains. Sounds like paying a buddy a case of beer would have been a better bet than the first two clowns.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
They weren't clowns. The first was family practice, and he was a good doc. I'd seen him prior. The urologist was pro ably good, Literally a pompous ass.

I also have issues with lidocaine, novacaine, and the other permutations of anesthetics at the dentist. Couple years ago I needed a molar filling replaced. Took three injections to get numb enough for the old filling to be drilled out. Literally Half my face was numb the rest of the day.

Posted By: deflave Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Geno

OMG, I hope you don't tell that to you sons or daughters. That's a great way to become a grandparent early.

My kids don't talk to me.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Next will be the prostate cancer,, it takes about ten years after the steralization..
Originally Posted by centershot

I house sat for my boss for two days following mine. There wasn't a cold thing in her house I didn't use to comfort the codsack.

Serious question for those that were gelded:

Why would you care if you had more kids?
Posted By: 79S Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Geno

My kids don't talk to me.

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]
Posted By: viking Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
4 kids were enough.
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Originally Posted by 458Win
I am 71 years old, had it done when I was 35, sat up and watched the MD do it, asked for the pieces. The doc asked why and I told him I wanted them bronzed to make my wife earrings. He didn't have a sense of humor

Went shopping with my wife and kids, got back in the plane and flew home. That was abit uncomfortable.

One of the best decisions of my life.

Mule Deer did your vasectomy????
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20

Yes, I was under water trying to keep shoes on and a roof over the heads of the three I had.

The stress of caring for an additional kid or two would have probably killed my wife. She was not made to change diapers for twelve or fourteen years straight.

It ain't like you can just send the older ones out to the field to plant extra crops to feed the younger ones anymore.

I stuck around my parents place and helped work the farm or handed earnings over to help support younger siblings until I was twentyfive years old and met my wife. I knew exactly what I was doing and why. No way in Hell where any of my kids ever going to have to worry about the welfare of younger siblings.

Yes, I was under water trying to keep shoes on and a roof over the heads of the three I had.

The stress of caring for an additional kid or two would have probably killed my wife. She was not made to change diapers for twelve or fourteen years straight.

It ain't like you can just send the older ones out to the field to plant extra crops to feed the younger ones anymore.

I stuck around my parents place and helped work the farm or handed earnings over to help support younger siblings until I was twentyfive years old and met my wife. I knew exactly what I was doing and why. No way in Hell where any of my kids ever going to have to worry about the welfare of younger siblings.

Damn! Sounds like you made the right call given the situation.

I always figured if I made more kids, the wife would just have to work more.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Originally Posted by Hubert
Next will be the prostate cancer,, it takes about ten years after the steralization..

BS many on here, including me are WAY past 10 years no issue.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20

Simple, didn't want more kids. Had 2, #3 gets expensive (bigger house, cars, daycare etc.) At 2 we figured it was a fair fight: 2 against 2, other silly reasons, you only have 2 hands, one for each kid etc.

Lots of reasons, but boils down to, just didn't want any more
Posted By: centershot Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20

Done having kids, not having sex.
Posted By: killerv Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Rabbit hunting buddy of mine's wife had her tubes tied after a couple kids. Dang it if she didn't get pregnant at 46. I guess he should have been snipped along with her.
I think a lot of you guys worry too much.

If God wants another little one on the planet, so be it.

Why do you think there is a relationship between the two?
Posted By: Windfall Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Had it done 25 years ago and my PSA is still under 1.0 and the pecker pump still works just fine. Find a good urologist, not a gp if you are going to have a vasectomy. Why would you not? Titanium clips and cauterization of the vas deferens is pretty darn permanent to my way of thinking. Kids are expensive little organisms and after raising four of them that came with the marriage licence and one of my own, enough was enough. It was major surgery for her, but minor surgery for me. A weekend being waited on hand and foot with the cold compresses and a pile of gun magazines was all the discomfort that I had. I was in no hurry to get it on again and neither was my urologist until the samples were clean. No way that I was watching the procedure because they put a big view blocking sheet screen over your stomach. None of you have mentioned the slight aching in your scrotum the next day after an ejaculation, but I just chalk it up to all those little swimmers going back to be reabsorbed. No big deal compared to the possible alternative.
Posted By: victoro Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
I've never known a women that had problems after having her tubes tied. I've known a lot of men who got vasectomies and had problems afterwards including myself. Your wife can still get pregnant after you get neutered.
Posted By: jcadejr Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Had it done in 1978. Part off it I remember, part of I don't. Wife, sitting in the waiting
room said after about 25 minutes, I came wandering through wearing nothing but
a blanket around my shoulders and a string hanging from the parts Dr. had been working
on. Small town, small clinic, Dr. worked without a nurse and had to put me on pause
while he fetched more thread for stitches. I saw him walk out and thought we were finished;
still a little groggy, I was leaving but forgot to put on my levis. That's the only problem
I ever had with the surgery.
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20

With the exception of certain genotypic anomalies, most personality traits are acquired through environmental influence during the formative years, not a phenotypic expression of alleles that yield a predisposition to suck.

Uncounted herdsmen over the millennia would disagree. As would anyone engaged in empirical observation...or heavily involved in genetic research.
Posted By: jds44 Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20

Get the snip and you are headed towards coat rack status. Just a place to hang her purse.

You do realize they don't actually cut your balls off, right?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
keep the nut juice flowing, lots of hungry women out there.
Posted By: champlain_islander Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Had it done and I think they used a dull knife and a rough sledge hammer. What a gut ache that lasted for what seemed months. Just kidding. Procedure lasted 6 minutes and the Valium made it painless. Spent the next day watching TV and drinking beer with an ice bag chilling it all down. Wear a jock strap for a week for support and it was just that easy. Day 2 at midnight got called out at work to go fix a printer at the weather service
Originally Posted by stxhunter
keep the nut juice flowing, lots of hungry women out there.

And again, the nut juice flows undiminished. A guy can still care for the entire harem as well as before the snip, he just can not knock em up. Hell, she will not even notice a difference in taste, let alone volume.
I've never known a women that had problems after having her tubes tied. I've known a lot of men who got vasectomies and had problems afterwards including myself. Your wife can still get pregnant after you get neutered.

If I had that concern, I would already have a new wife.
Just can’t call it baby batter anymore.
"A vasectomy is more or less non-invasive compared to a hysterectomy.'

Why do you think a woman has to get a hysterectomy? They can have their tubes tied and the women I know that had it done said there was nothing to it and reversible.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Nothing to it for me. Urologist. Did get the infection, was a bit sore for a day or so due to that.

Have had no issues since and its so many years ago I simply don't remember when.

My nephew I think shopped on line for the cheapest rate... he said his hurt... Duh.. cheap when dealing down there? Stupid.

Me, I watched em do mine as did the wife.

More kids? Nope. Actually no kids before this and could care less if things ever changed, no kids is fine and its damn near a requirement at our ages.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20
Several guys I work with have done it and said it was the best thing they ever did. I haven't because my wife is fixed.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Snip Snip - 01/22/20

I'd offer the answer for him but I suspect his will be more fun.
Originally Posted by rost495

I'd offer the answer for him but I suspect his will be more fun.

I got cut 35 years ago and no cancer yet. I'm 77 today and the secret is to have sex everyday to exercise your prostate.
Amen!
© 24hourcampfire