Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
I can vouch for the fact that Darrik is alive and well..

He sold me a gun! laugh

What did you get?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
Originally Posted by Seafire
scanning this thread is just depressing...

you have some guy like Darrik come on here and shows us good intentions up and beyond anywhere else you can find that level of service and special pricing offers...and then he gets complainers.. and people who just resell a rifle to pick up a couple of hundred bucks...

as some one pointed out to me, a while ago...of all the ones who love to do personal attacks at the drop of a hat all the time, and then their minion followers.. that number is actually a small group in ratio to the number of people on the campfire..

and its always the same few usual suspects... Sadly if Darrik is just tired of that being the rewards for his efforts, who can blame him? at the same time, its ridiculous that its a small number of those type of clowns that ruin it for everyone...

Agreed! This forum needs to take some trash out.

Then when you see some of your bros getting the hehove, you will start bitching how this site sucks because the moderator is not fair..

Fact...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am just sorry he is skipping SHOT this year.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I got a text about this thread. I’m still alive...

Truth be told, I’m just busier than I used to be. My kids are getting older and I’m more involved with things that interest them. They’re now 15, 12 and 8.

I’m also not at my computer as much as I used to be and when I am, I’m always answering emails, dealing with customers, distributors or manufacturers.

I hadn’t forgotten about this place and I’m still working a few neat exclusives. Maybe they’ll get produced this year? Last summer was tough in the gun world, so maybe manufacturers will have some time this summer to pump out some special stuff.

And yeah, I got a little tired of the crap on here. Maybe I need to spend more time here in the next few months catching up?

Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to whittaker's exclusives

NRA lifetime member
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I asked him to see if he can’t get Tikka Actions w/ trigger in stock.... smile

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Tag

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Well, I appreciate Darrik's effort to provide us with things that we tell him we want and then don't rush to buy, like the Rugers in 22-250 with the 1-8" ROT and the 17HM2s.

I have one of each of those special runs of Rugers and have been happy with them.

I told him I'd buy one of the HM2s and did. I can't really find anything flattering to say about it. Reading here an over on RFC, that seems to be the norm. The bolt on mine takes more effort to open and close than it does on any of my other rimfires. It's obnoxiously heavy even compared to my other American rimfires. To be fair, I have only tested one load so far. Accuracy was not good. It split cases from the same box of ammo that my Marlin shoots well and doesn't split cases. I think if Ruger had executed that rifle really well Derrik would have sold out quickly.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My HM2 functions perfectly. Accuracy has been spotty, with uncalled flyers. Last time out was Friday, with a 14x scope. Three ammo types still producing flyers. With the bedding blocks and fully floated barrel, I don't see much that can be going wrong with the rifle. I think it's the ammo. When the M2 came out, there was speculation that it might become a new match cartridge because it was so accurate. Most who played with it back then agree the Eley ammo was the best, and you had Annies and other nice rifles available. Now it's mostly plinker-grade stuff. I suspect the effort required to make really good ammo just isn't being made.

If anyone with an Annie or other quality rifle is getting stellar accuracy with current ammo, I'd like to hear about it. What I have heard is about guys with dwindling supplies of the old Eley scouting gunshows for more.

A half-inch trajectory over 100 yards makes this a squirreler's dream, if it can be depended on to hit them.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 42 invisible), 1,524 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,238
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.