-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Actually shot three different ones. Two pistol grips, and one english straight stock. The straight stock was configured the same as the one I have on order, with the exception of the self opener. Never did like fighting with it, while closing the action. It was easier than some of the English ones, that I`ve shot, though. The 14 3/4 length of pull fit me better than the shorter stock, as I tend to swing the shorter gun erratically. All three guns broke the birds with regularity, when I did my part, on the 80 target Sporting Clays coarse. Both single and double triggers performed with out a hitch, but I was aware of some creep in the double trigger.
The finish of the gun, and the wood to metal fit was very good. The finish looks like a hard urethane, wih the filler added to it, instead of being applied and sanded before hand. There was some crazing, or cracking of the finish, around the trigger guard tang, as two of us shared the gun, and heated it up, on some of the eight bird stations. This was very minor however. I understand, the guns leaving the factory now, have an oil finish. I`m keeping my fingers crossed, that mine comes through, this way.
There are a few blank areas, that should have some engraving on, on the forend metal, and the trigger guard tang on the pistol grip. There could have been more attention to detail, on the forend release button. It looks too much like an after thought.
Am I glad I ordered mine, all those long seventeen months ago?.....I can`t wait.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is it worth the call to csmc to ask for the finish that you like?
Gary

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Gary, I think it is worth the call, but here`s an interesting side note. There was a woman shooting one at the shoot. She ordered it after I ordered mine, but got it first. I called, to change the length of pull on my order, some six/eight months ago. Did this cause my order to slip a few notches. I think the real answer, more than likely, is the guns are being built in groups of like comfiguration. Say all of the double trigger, case color, beavertailed forends, are in one group.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 66 invisible), 3,383 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,580
Posts18,532,251
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.