Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

You need to read the article. The only Hoppes he mentions Benchrest Copper Bore Cleaner. Not an 80s product from my memory anyway.

I agree with him on nylon brushes. Copper is much better.

Nylon brushes ? huh. When did they make those ?
shocked , whistle
All mine are copper !

You’re not cleaning Teflon coated bores R U ? crazy
grin

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
GB1

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I’ve met him...at shot a number of years ago. Great guy...I enjoy his writing and sense of humor very much.

Imho he is the last great writer of his generation...one of my top 3.

Some people don’t get him or his humor. That speaks to their intelligence and lack of education

GOD Bless America
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by SU35
He turned me off for good when his so called dry wit slandered the Vice President of the United States.

I respect the office of Vice-President as much as anybody, but I'm sure whatever Petzal said about Joe Biden, Joe Biden deserved it!

Sycamore

Likely it was Cheney shooting a hunting partner in the face being referenced. Dave was critical of a hunter shooting his companion in the face with a 12 gauge. Crazy right?

Last edited by Quak; 02/29/20.

GOD Bless America
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
A guy like Dave Petzal has a right to sound a little arrogant, though I don't think he really is. I've been reading him as long as he's been writing. He does remind me of Warren Page a little. Both of them are very knowledgeable. I would love to meet him and talk for a few.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Never saw a copper bore brush? Bronze yes, copper no....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Quak
Likely it was Cheney shooting a hunting partner in the face being referenced. Dave was critical of a hunter shooting his companion in the face with a 12 gauge. Crazy right?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by fremont
You're not a curmudgeon when you back it up by knowing your schit. Always one of my favorites, both on TV and print.

Search Results
DICTIONARY
Search for a word
cur·mudg·eon
/kərˈməjən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a bad-tempered person, especially an old one.
Similar:
bad-tempered person

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I really enjoy Mr. Petzal's writing. I always enjoy reading his article "The Ten Commandments of Elk Hunting". I have contemplated putting a copy of it on my reloading room's wall.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I've enjoyed watching Mr.Petzal on screen and reading his writings. The hunting/shooting culture is lucky to have such men sharing their knowledge. Personally I wish more people were as frank as he is. No doubt in today's thin skinned world some may be sensitive to his verbal manner. When I was young you were indoctrinated to appreciate no nonsense mentoring. You were also taught to interpret helpful input and not misinterpret those with unique communicating skills. As is the case with Mr. Petzal. Sorry kiddies but mommy is not going to always be there to sugar coat everything for you. lol And a great big giant THANK YOU MR.PETZAL is in order.
One more thing: Some may call others a curmudgeon. I say you can learn a lot from a curmudgeon. Many of them are merely no nonsense types and willing to stand against the consensus-which often is a good thing. I wish there were more curmudgeons around to learn from.

Last edited by Vinootz; 03/01/20. Reason: add
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
When I call someone a curmudgeon...it’s meant as a compliment!

GOD Bless America
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
He turned me off for good when his so called dry wit slandered the Vice President of the United States.

I respect the office of Vice-President as much as anybody, but I'm sure whatever Petzal said about Joe Biden, Joe Biden deserved it!

Sycamore

He pizzed off Biden one time by writing that Biden acted as if he’d had a history of head injuries. Biden’s staff asked for an apology saying Biden really did have a serious head injury so he gave one that one Biden sound worse than in the original article

Last edited by Kellywk; 03/01/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kellywk

Sycamore

He pizzed off Biden one time by writing that Biden acted as if he’d had a history of head injuries. Biden’s staff asked for an apology saying Biden really did have a serious head injury so he gave one that one Biden sound worse than in the original article

grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If he wasn't eccentric and a bit of a curmudgeon, He would be as non-remarkable as a lot of other gun writers we only read for data and not for entertainment.

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I bought a rifle from him some years back--an ULA IN 7in WBY. The barrel was shot out so I had Melvin rebarreled it to .257 WBY. But before I knew the barrel was toast I emailed Dave and he kindly sent me loading data.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Sycamore

Actually a 28 ga. Perazzi.O/U.

DF

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by fremont
You're not a curmudgeon when you back it up by knowing your schit. Always one of my favorites, both on TV and print.

Search Results
DICTIONARY
Search for a word
cur·mudg·eon
/kərˈməjən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a bad-tempered person, especially an old one.
Similar:
bad-tempered person

I've used that term in my sig line for over 15 years - and always figured it meant "Grouchy Old Phart" !
smile smile smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

If you mean Dickless Cheney, who could possibly slander that draft dodging SOB? Too chickenshit to go fight for his country, but more than happy to send others overseas to fight & die. I can't wait for that energizer bunny to croak, I'll throw a glad you're going away party.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok ok ok. I am a patriot and always will be. Dick Cheney and a bunch of others to include many presidents are not true patriots. Many were in one way or another a draft dodger and few since Eisenhauer served in combat. I think the elder Bush did. Most of them were in the reserves and made sure their children were and out of harms way.

When we stopped having generals being killed in battle, things took a turn for the worse. It became to easy to send young off to war. When we stopped having a bunch of combat veterans in our senate and house, it became to easy to send young men off to war.

Lord please bring our nation good leaders, fearless leaders, leaders with a warriors heart. Leaders who have been "down range".

I enjoy most of what Petzel writes.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Who?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Sycamore

Actually a 28 ga. Perazzi.O/U.

DF

It might have been wrong, but it was classy!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,459
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.