Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave

I'm a believer that CTE can cause massive swings in a human being's behavior.

But I didn't care for the way it was presented in this documentary. They did a poor job of that IMO.

Still, worth a watch.

Can you elaborate on that? Interested to hear more on this.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm not that familiar with the situation.

How many people is he suspected of killing?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Watched all 3 parts. I remember and already knew most of it. But not in that much detail. Good documentary. Bad dude. Don’t believe his bad side was due to CTE, though. They tried hard to make that connection.

There is an unsolved shooting during Hernandez's internship in Gainesville . I doubt he had the effects of CTE in his teenage years.

Linkie

Watch the show. The Dr said he had a very advanced case of CTE "probably at least a decade". A decade would put him at around 13!

CTE doesn't make you kill other people unless you are really brain fried, in most cases you take your own life much like Junior Seau did. How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years and how did the Dr exactly know it was 10 years ? grin

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

CTE doesn't make you kill other people unless you are really brain fried, in most cases you take your own life much like Junior Seau did. How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years ? grin

You're either joking or need to watch the documentary again.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Netflix you say?

I think we can get that now, the wife watches some stuff. I'll have to look into the show.

But, from the talk going on here so far, can we determine if his actions were a result of nature vs nurture?

F'd up home life, drain bamage at an early age, one of those feeding on the other? Toxic masculinity with underlying gay tendencies?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

CTE doesn't make you kill other people unless you are really brain fried, in most cases you take your own life much like Junior Seau did. How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years ? grin

Gangbanging doesn't make one kill people either???

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Link FWIW

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Watched all 3 parts. I remember and already knew most of it. But not in that much detail. Good documentary. Bad dude. Don’t believe his bad side was due to CTE, though. They tried hard to make that connection.

There is an unsolved shooting during Hernandez's internship in Gainesville . I doubt he had the effects of CTE in his teenage years.

Linkie

Watch the show. The Dr said he had a very advanced case of CTE "probably at least a decade". A decade would put him at around 13!

CTE doesn't make you kill other people unless you are really brain fried, in most cases you take your own life much like Junior Seau did. How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years and how did the Dr exactly know it was 10 years ? grin

Maybe! They don't know and like anything else it can effect people differently.

Not a fact just my opinion, "How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years" I suspect he had his eye on the big prize and tried to behave as best he could to get there. I also think College provides a little better support network and had more rules.

how did the Dr exactly know it was 10 years ? His Family donated his brain to Boston University for research. They don't know exactly how long. She said she suspects at least a decade.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 01/23/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I believe he is convicted of Shooting and killing the one he went to prison for, then there was two in a stoplight shooting that were killed, and the friend he shot in the face and wounded testified he witnessed him shoot the two at the stoplight, but jury acquitted him for those two stoplight murders.

He was never charged for shooting his friend, friend thought he was going to make out $$$, but didn’t.

So four shot, three killed, one wounded, only convicted of the one, Odin Loyd.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I think Hernandez had enough internal demons to make him do what he did, Maybe the CTE had some effect maybe it did not. He did commit suicide correct?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I think that was a person that had a lot more than "internal demons."

And while he certainly had CTE the documentary did a poor job of making that their argument for the life Hernandez lived.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Linkie

Maybe! They don't know and like anything else it can effect people differently.

Not a fact just my opinion, "How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years" I suspect he had his eye on the big prize and tried to behave as best he could to get there. I also think College provides a little better support network and had more rules.

how did the Dr exactly know it was 10 years ? His Family donated his brain to Boston University for research. They don't know exactly how long. She said she suspects at least a decade.

Urban Meyer kept him in line and probably covered some stuff up for him to keep him eligible. Meyer said in the interview that he called the brother frequently whenever Aaron went home for extended spells to make sure he was staying out of trouble.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think that was a person that had a lot more than "internal demons."

And while he certainly had CTE the documentary did a poor job of making that their argument for the life Hernandez lived.

I don't think they ever intended to Make an argument for the life he lived. I think they wanted to tell the story and leave it up to the views to decide what may have effected his life. They have two sides to tell and very strong and hurt emotions on both sides. I think they walk a thin line and did it well. The Documentary wasn't about CTE, it was about Arron Hernandez.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 01/23/20.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
deflave I agree though I would like to have heard more on the CTE.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
He knew he was killing people when he shot them full of holes.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
He knew he was killing people when he shot them full of holes.

I don't think anyone here doesn't agree with that.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
Dude wanted to be a black gangbanger, talked like one, acted like one, threw away his and his family's future like one, pissed away a career as an athlete like many of them and ended up in jail like one. Sad picture of our society that he valued being a gangster more than a pro football player but its obvious he did. CTE may have fughed him up at the end and we will never know how bad all the drugs he took for pain or the pain itself messed with his head. In the end he wanted to be a gangster thats where he headed as soon as his dad died.

All I can say is you are very misguided and do not know what you are talking about.

Was he bad? Yes Did he do stupid sh_t? Yes Did he hang around a few bad apples? Yes

Those don't make you a gangbanger. To the best of my knowledge he had no affiliation with a gang. Yes he had friends that where in gang's. He was known by HPD to hang out on and around Park Street. He liked weed! I am guessing it provided him temporary relief from his pain both physically, emotionally and mentally. Again that doesn't make one a gangbanger.

It is easy to cast judgement on others. None of use can or ever will know what he went through in life. We will never know why he did what he did. There is know denying that he had CTE and from a very early age! He had a [bleep] home life with or without his father in the picture. There were a lot of things in his life that in my opinion set him up for failure.

In the end he was a very talented TE with a bright future and he threw it all away with bad choices. Maybe just maybe some of those choices were made because of his CTE. Either way it is a sad story for everyone involved.

Come on man, he could hang around anyone. He chose to hang with his weed dealer who was 10 years his senior, not an old highschool buddy. This guy was a known drug dealer and gangster, not a "bad seed". The lawers called him a drug kingpin. He had multiple violent cases pending. You dont roll with a dude like that and expect to stay out of trouble. He was involved in multiple shootings and other [bleep] stemming from altercations at " da club". He killed 3 people with a pistol that we know of because they did nothing more than piss him off or spil a drink on him.If that aint gangster behavior im not sure what is.

I never said anything about him smoking weed, if i had to guess i would guess he smoked alot to calm him. The drugs that i think helped fug him up were the big doses of pain killers he lived on from.college to the pros.

He wasnt raised in a getto. Nobody beat him. He didnt have to sell drugs to eat. He chose to hang with gangsters, he chose to act like a gangster and he paid the price. Was he a messed up kid, sure but lots of kids dont have a good home life and dont commit multiple homicides.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you listen to his phone conversations with Pouncey you can tell who he is imitating. He didnt talk that that when talked to his agent or highshool buddys.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
If you listen to his phone conversations with Pouncey you can tell who he is imitating. He didnt talk that that when talked to his agent or highshool buddys.

Right, you prove my point right here! If he was a true gangbanger he would talk to everyone like that. He didn't, and he knew his place in society for the most part.

He was a pothead, where do you get pot from? So he interacted with gangbangers that had the best pot. It isn't like he was running with a gang 24/7 or hell even infrequently. He associated with some gangbangers. That is far from being a gangbanger.

I guess in your mind anyone that associates with gangbangers is a gangbanger. His crimes are his crimes, they don't make him a gangbanger. They make him a very troubled man.

I'll add that in my opinion he didn't have what it takes to be a gangbanger. Just killing people isn't enough, read up on the Bloods, Crips, Angel's, Latin Kings, MS13 and a number of others.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 69sportfury, 21 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,117
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.