H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by TRnCO
remind me again, what law did Trump break?

Using the power of his office to affect the outcome of a US election as well as obstructing a congressional investigation.

What outcome? Whether Trump wins by even more electors than last time? Biden is a joke, people in hell have a better chance of getting ice water than he has of winning any election, dirt or no dirt.

Doesn't matter whether Biden has a chance or not. Trump used his power to ensure Biden could not win. That is an abuse of power.

That's your opinion! Facts are he is doing his job, investigating corruption! Sure you aren't in Florida, and fell out of a tree and landed on your head?

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
[quote=JimFromTNBiden was acting on behalf of the United States, the European Union, and the IMF.[/quote]
BS, Biden was acting on behalf of himself, and his son. That's all.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Jim, you keep forgetting the one time when Hillary was so pissed off she lost her cool and told her crew the truth backstage after the skin head queer MSM hero, Matt Lauer, embarrassed her with an unexpected question on TV.

Her words, if that bastard gets elected we will all hang from nooses. Now why would she say that?

Its a lovely whataboutism but it is not relevant to the topic

To even the most unbiased audience it rings true as connecting with the other skeletons in the Clinton closet ...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

There is no law against obstructing Congress, dumbass. That's called separation of powers.

What is the deal with dumbasses calling other people dumbasses? That makes no sense. Separation of powers don't apply. If it did then congress wouldn't be able to impeach a president. I love arguing with idiots.

Nixon was impeached for obstructing congress,

Obstruction of justice is the impediment of governmental activities. There are a host of federal
criminal laws that prohibit obstructions of justice. The six most general outlaw obstruction of
judicial proceedings (18 U.S.C. 1503), witness tampering (18 U.S.C. 1512), witness retaliation
(18 U.S.C. 1513), obstruction of congressional or administrative proceedings (18 U.S.C. 1505),
conspiracy to defraud the United States (18 U.S.C. 371), and contempt (a creature of statute, rule
and common law). All but Section 1503 cover congressional activities.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34304.pdf

Nixon wasn’t impeached you stupid bastard.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, you keep forgetting the one time when Hillary was so pissed off she lost her cool and told her crew the truth backstage after the skin head queer MSM hero, Matt Lauer, embarrassed her with an unexpected question on TV.

Her words, if that bastard gets elected we will all hang from nooses. Now why would she say that?

Its a lovely whataboutism but it is not relevant to the topic

It's amazing the fight that liberals will put up just for the privilege of drinking the poison Kool-Aid.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sprint11
The Dems arguing that Biden's threat to withhold aid is "consistent with official foreign policy" but somehow Trump, who didn't threaten to withhold aid, violated foreign policy. The President, and the President alone, sets official foreign policy, so how can Trump violate anything?

They might as well be arguing that he left the toilet seat up and that abused his male power.

Would love to see DOJ arrest all the House managers immediately at the conclusion of the trial and charge them with sedition.

Not to mention, how do you get a case of strong-arming the Ukrainians, when the Ukrainians had no idea the aid was ever held up?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

They want you to subscribe to read their propaganda.
That's pretty lame.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BS, Jim. No. Biden was acting to protect his son from a foreign investigator with US money.

If Hunter had been clean, he would have had no worries about letting the investigation continue.

Except for the fact that there was no investigation at the time

So your unnamed pro-Biden sources claim.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There is no law against obstructing Congress, dumbass. That's called separation of powers.

What is the deal with dumbasses calling other people dumbasses? That makes no sense. Separation of powers don't apply. If it did then congress wouldn't be able to impeach a president. I love arguing with idiots.

Nixon was impeached for obstructing congress,

Obstruction of justice is the impediment of governmental activities. There are a host of federal
criminal laws that prohibit obstructions of justice. The six most general outlaw obstruction of
judicial proceedings (18 U.S.C. 1503), witness tampering (18 U.S.C. 1512), witness retaliation
(18 U.S.C. 1513), obstruction of congressional or administrative proceedings (18 U.S.C. 1505),
conspiracy to defraud the United States (18 U.S.C. 371), and contempt (a creature of statute, rule
and common law). All but Section 1503 cover congressional activities.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34304.pdf

They had no authority to call for witnesses and documents prior to having a vote by the full House to proceed with the impeachment hearings. It's not "obstruction" to challenge them in court, but the House simply didn't want to go to court (knowing they would lose.)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Using the power of his office to affect the outcome of a US election as well as obstructing a congressional investigation.

What outcome? Whether Trump wins by even more electors than last time? Biden is a joke, people in hell have a better chance of getting ice water than he has of winning any election, dirt or no dirt.

Doesn't matter whether Biden has a chance or not. Trump used his power to ensure Biden could not win. That is an abuse of power.

Like what Hillary did to Trump and Sanders?
You're not very good at this.
You should get a new hobby.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If Trump was actually concerned with the corruption, he should have gotten Barr to start an investigation. We have agreements with the Ukraine to get their help. He can still do that today..

This is a straw argument. Had Barr investigated, the left would still have proclaimed it was a political investigation crying that Barr is just Trumps wingman. The investigation would have been sabotaged by leftist career employees that would have undermined and whistle blown in order to protect Biden.

Secondly, the idea that Congress has unlimited power to breach attorney client privilege, executive privilege and the 5th amendment should be terrifying to everyone. Nadler pronouncements that innocent people should not need the protections of the constitution is ludicrous.

This political theatre is angering that silent majority. It is very possible that the left looses the house.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Oh yeah. Like when Obama asked Putin to go easy on missile defense until after the election in 2012. Quid pro would. Obama said he would be more flexible after the election. Caught on an open Mike saying that to Putin's deputy. Now I get it.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Seriously? Have you read the Constitution of the US?

Foreign policy is the expressed domain of the Executive (that's the President for you illiterate morons), so there is no way the President doing anything relative to foreign policy is "obstructing Congress."

Even if Congress passes an unconstitutional "law" requiring the President to conduct foreign policy according to their dictates.

Savy?

Probably not...

Originally Posted by Sprint11

Well, ok dumbass. Nixon was not impeached. Obstructing Congress was not one of the articles being considered. CONTEMPT of Congress was article 3....ya know the crime that Holder was convicted of, both civilly and criminally. Obstruction of JUSTICE was article 1. I think you're confused.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I think you misunderstood my post. I was replying to Jim and actually agreeing with your response to him. Yes, I know that the President has sole authority over foreign policy, in fact look at the original post and another response to Jim where I wrote as such. And yes, I have quite a few copies to the constitution.

Last edited by Sprint11; 01/23/20.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Dumbass.

Obama weaponized the entire US Govt against conservatives, for 8 years...and activated intelligence agencies to spy on a rival political campaign... All illegally and unconstitutionally.

Did you get that from Alex Jones?

[b][/b]

I'd guess he got that from paying attention, unlike a CNN bootlikker like yourself!

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
@sprint11,

My bad. I apologize.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
David, no worries.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (3dtestify, 320090T, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 20 invisible), 1,223 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,939
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.