Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Mauser06
Don't know anything about them...but I just saw Kimber revealed a carbon barreled mountain rifle at the SHOT show.

^^^This^^^ kimber calls it their Open Range Pro Carbon model, it would be my choice and probly my next rifle (308 win) when they become available...Proof research carbon barrel on a Kimber 84 action sounds mighty hard to beat 👍......Good luck...Hb

HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have handled a fierce fury (non-carbon barrel) and I own a CT Edge with the carbon barrel in .300WSM. I don't have experience with the other companies.
I bought the fierce lightly used from my friend who decided to have a new, completely custom rig built up for him.
Unfortunately for my friend, he had a super terrible experience dealing with customer service (mostly the owner). It was ugly, and I truly hope that was a one-off experience. This was a few years ago, so I am hopeful this isn't the case anymore.
Lucky for me, I bought the rifle after all those issues with the company had been resolved. FYI, it was never a function or accuracy issue.

The fierce rifles are pretty sweet IMO, and I love the actions (think sako 85). Accuracy is awesome, and I have yet to hear from a fierce owner whose rifle isn't very very accurate. I'm generally in 0.3-0.4 range with handloads if I can get my act together. I think the fury line is a good value for what you end up with. I did not notice huge differences in the build quality between the fury and edge line. Triggers on the fierce rifles are really nice. I have my adjusted to 2.5lbs and it is super crisp with no creep.

If you're used to a shorter bolt throw, I believe the furys have the same 70degree as the edge. Not 54, but also not 90.

The carbon barrels can take a beating. I certainly feel better about it hitting a rock than a pencil barrel steel mountain gun hitting a rock.

Also, 4+1 in a flush-fitting detachable box mag in .300WSM is fantastic.

Essentially the only reason I didn't get another fierce is because I wanted a different barrel length than what was offered for a 6.5CM, and at that price I didn't want to rebarrel as soon as I bought it.

All that being said, I'm heavily considering the Kimber open range pro-carbon. I do like the fierce's stock ergos better, though.

Last edited by 907brass; 04/26/20.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.