Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Morality is a human construct. Nature cares not in the slightest about suffering, whether a lion eats a lamb while it's still alive, or a child is left to die of starvation.

Wrong. You justify your animal like nature.
God gave a spirit and made the difference between human and animals.
Many elect to reject that and remain as lower class animals, as you do. You hardened your heart, not the hearts of others. You hardened your heart, not Him.
Others know what's inside them. A God given spirit.

So, here you are, a base animal, yet you will be a mind reader and tell others what's in them? Take your pick, dumb animal or psychiatrist.

If most humans were dumb animals like you, they wouldnt have the ability to form moral constructs.

You disprove your own words. Here you are, an unmoraled animal trying to push your amorality on others, that in itself is an attempt at building a social construct.
What drive do you have that forces you to do that? Hummm.

An education might help. There must be adult courses on science, sociology
psychology, erc, available in your town or city? Just a suggestion.

People are alive who were blind like you, and now some can see. But, geniuses, like you, can be blind and still tell people who have learned to see, what things really look like? Right. wink

You just keep on telling folks who have seen both sides of life that both sides of the coin look the same as the only side you have seen. You dont even have the intelligence to comprehend what I'm saying.

Go ask a deaf person what a meadowlark sounds like.

A Christian has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If there were no Jesus Christ it would be impossible for a relationship to exist.

Youre too stupid to realize some on this earth experience things you dont, or you're pissed off about it and attack Believers and Christ because you aren't so blessed.

You're too stupid to consider some people may have prayers answered, regardless whether you do or not.

HE said the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. You lie. Not Him.

That's not a rational argument. You are preaching in a defensive manner. It only fools those who are of the same mind, defending their faith.

It's quite understandable.

Doc went off the rails about 3 years ago.

That's about when he started loosing his ability to make rational arguments. He hasn't been the same since.

Jag-off is a Doc? You're joking right? I wouldn't see him for an in grown hair!

Yes,
Doc, as in Doctor of Optometry.

Don't worry, I doubt you would ever have to see him. I imagine your insurance is way to good. His patience are all welfare cases.

And here I had him figured for a proctologist!

Tarquin
GB1

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It can't be falsified! That was Karl Popper's point and his criticism remains valid today.

Well, OK, let's see what Karl Popper had to say on Evolution:

What we call the evolutionary hypothesis is an explanation of a host of biological and paleontological observations—for instance, of certain similarities between various species and genera—by the assumption of common ancestry of related forms.

. . . I see in modern Darwinism the most successful explanation of the relevant facts. [Popper, 1957, p. 106]

There exists no law of evolution, only the historical fact that plants and animals change, or more precisely, that they have changed. [Popper, 1963b, p. 340]

I have always been extremely interested in the theory of evolution and very ready to accept evolution as a fact. [Popper, 1976, p. 167;]

The Mendelian underpinning of modern Darwinism has been well tested and so has the theory of evolution which says that all terrestrial life has evolved from a few primitive unicellular organisms, possibly even from one single organism. [Popper, 1978, p. 344;

''Furthermore, in his book, Objective Knowledge, where he uses the Darwinian paradigm as a basis for his own theory of knowledge, Popper not only discusses Darwinism at length as a scientific explanation but offers as an additional component a scientific hypothesis of his own—genetic dualism—which is intended to strengthen the orthodox neo-Darwinian framework (Popper, 1972, ''

Last edited by DBT; 01/23/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by hanco
This is proof[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Well, He did indeed create woman for man. He did a good job too.
Sorta grotesque. Too much tits and too hard looking. Tits need a little give. GOD created her and man mutilated her. Rather have 'em natural.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT

It can't be falsified! That was Karl Popper's point and his criticism remains valid today.

Well, OK, let's see what Karl Popper had to say on Evolution:

What we call the evolutionary hypothesis is an explanation of a host of biological and paleontological observations—for instance, of certain similarities between various species and genera—by the assumption of common ancestry of related forms.

. . . I see in modern Darwinism the most successful explanation of the relevant facts. [Popper, 1957, p. 106]

There exists no law of evolution, only the historical fact that plants and animals change, or more precisely, that they have changed. [Popper, 1963b, p. 340]

I have always been extremely interested in the theory of evolution and very ready to accept evolution as a fact. [Popper, 1976, p. 167;]

The Mendelian underpinning of modern Darwinism has been well tested and so has the theory of evolution which says that all terrestrial life has evolved from a few primitive unicellular organisms, possibly even from one single organism. [Popper, 1978, p. 344;

''Furthermore, in his book, Objective Knowledge, where he uses the Darwinian paradigm as a basis for his own theory of knowledge, Popper not only discusses Darwinism at length as a scientific explanation but offers as an additional component a scientific hypothesis of his own—genetic dualism—which is intended to strengthen the orthodox neo-Darwinian framework (Popper, 1972, ''

I notice that you conveniently fail to quote his criticism of neo-Darwinian theory. It created a firestorm at the time. Here is one summary of what Popper said:

Abstract: Karl Popper argued in 1974 that evolutionary theory contains no testable laws and is therefore a metaphysical research program. Four years later, he said that he had changed his mind. Here we seek to understand Popper’s initial position and his subsequent retraction. We argue, contrary to Popper’s own assessment, that he did not change his mind at all about the substance of his original claim. We also explore how Popper’s views have ramifications for contemporary discussion of the nature of laws and the structure of evolutionary theory. – Popper’s Shifting Appraisal of Evolutionary Theory, Mehmet Elgin and Elliott Sober
HOPOS: The Journal of the International Society for the History of Philosophy of Science 2017 7:1, 31-55

Tarquin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Just for fun, can any of you prove to us that YOU exist? If you do exist, can you prove who you are?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by achadwick
Lots of haters posting on this thread site. As usual. crazy

fixt

LOL
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Morality is a human construct. Nature cares not in the slightest about suffering, whether a lion eats a lamb while it's still alive, or a child is left to die of starvation.

Wrong. You justify your animal like nature.
God gave a spirit and made the difference between human and animals.
Many elect to reject that and remain as lower class animals, as you do. You hardened your heart, not the hearts of others. You hardened your heart, not Him.
Others know what's inside them. A God given spirit.

So, here you are, a base animal, yet you will be a mind reader and tell others what's in them? Take your pick, dumb animal or psychiatrist.

If most humans were dumb animals like you, they wouldnt have the ability to form moral constructs.

You disprove your own words. Here you are, an unmoraled animal trying to push your amorality on others, that in itself is an attempt at building a social construct.
What drive do you have that forces you to do that? Hummm.

An education might help. There must be adult courses on science, sociology
psychology, erc, available in your town or city? Just a suggestion.

People are alive who were blind like you, and now some can see. But, geniuses, like you, can be blind and still tell people who have learned to see, what things really look like? Right. wink

You just keep on telling folks who have seen both sides of life that both sides of the coin look the same as the only side you have seen. You dont even have the intelligence to comprehend what I'm saying.

A Christian has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If there were no Jesus Christ it would be impossible for a relationship to exist.

Youre too stupid to realize some on this earth experience things you dont, or you're pissed off about it and attack Believers and Christ because you aren't so blessed.

You're too stupid to consider some people may have prayers answered, regardless whether you do or not.

HE said the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. You lie. Not Him.

That's not a rational argument. You are preaching in a defensive manner. It only fools those who are of the same mind, defending their faith.

It's quite understandable.

That's about when he started loosing his ability to make rational arguments. He hasn't been the same since.

Yes,

Don't worry, I doubt you would ever have to see him. I imagine your insurance is way to good. His patience are all welfare cases.

That proves you to be a liar, but I know you don't mind. Your kind never do. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
.[/quote]

HE said the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. You lie. Not Him. [/quote]

It's quite understandable.[/quote]

That's about when he started loosing his ability to make rational arguments. He hasn't been the same since. [/quote]

[/quote]

Yes,

Don't worry, I doubt you would ever have to see him. I imagine your insurance is way to good. His patience are all welfare cases.[/quote]

And here I had him figured for a proctologist!
[/quote]

If you were smart, that would give you a clue as to how smart you are. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
AS, I guess you think it's pure genius that scientists presumed the ordered arrangement present in life on earth came about from an explosion which causes destruction and disorder.

I guess they decided any explanation was better than accepting that like and order came from a creator.

Its evident any with your tendencies couldnt let that get past them.

Of course, you're so smart, you understand what others have experienced, even if they dont, sucker. smile

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/23/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just look at the perfection of the human hand as proof of God's existence:

The thumb, able to oppose any of the fingers.
The pinky, just the right size to clean out your ear.
The index finger, just the right size to pick your nose.
And two more fingers - one for getting married, and one for getting divorced.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

The thumb, able to oppose any of the fingers.
The pinky, just the right size to clean out your ear.
The index finger, just the right size to pick your nose.
And two more fingers - one for getting married, and one for getting divorced.

Without which we would have never shot a gun or flown to the moon, or eaten bowl of peach ice cream.

…13For You formed my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works, and I know this very well. 15My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.…

Yep, woven together fearfully and wonderfully. Hell of an explosion, huh?

In our likeness, and not the likeness of animals, but with a spirit, everlasting.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth…

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/23/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Or the [bleep]'s hand.

Or the elephant's trunk,

Or...or...

If God exists, what would any of that have to do with it?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It’s a damn good day to be alive and living in the US, no matter how fuuucked the liberals try to make it!!!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Tarquin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Or the [bleep]'s hand.

Or the elephant's trunk,

Or...or...

If God exists, what would any of that have to do with it?

No thanks. I still prefer the hand. I can still peel nuts with the best of them and shoot a gun.

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Why would God choose to look like an evolved primate (namely us) with vestigial organs like an appendix, wisdom tooth problems caused by the face shortening, back problems caused by incomplete evolution from quadripedalism, and an inner ear incapable of hearing prayers beyond a short distance and from more than a few people at a time? Especially since God, so the story goes, had not invented those life forms yet.

Indeed, if God wanted to create the universe, about the worst form imaginable would be to look like Homo sapiens or any other animal. Not to mention the susceptibility of "our likeness" to radiation, zero air pressure, temperature extremes, and other things that God, for some reason, put into the reaches of space if indeed God was there to create them.

Christianity would be more credible if it would shed the stone age myths of pre-literate people and concentrate on the central message.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
we are the result of evolution this far.. but we are still evoloving more to come just wait another billion years... dumb asses.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have all the proof I need.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I have all the proof I need.

Do you believe in talking snakes?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you not?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1badf350, 204guy, 260Remguy, 222ND, 257 roberts, 61 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,253
Posts18,525,148
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.