Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
mad Tell the RNC that you will leave any political party that allows amnesty for illegals. Let them know that 2008 will be a political blood bath for them if they don't get tough on the criminal illegals and start representing the middle Americans who are the backbone of the party. The party had Congress and the White House for six years...six years of unprecidented violation of our southern border.

If these impotent fat-cats don't get in lockstep with the American People, they will be walking the streets soon. It baffles me that we can't put together a Third Party with clout...maybe next year... wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
They don't Care.
They have decided to take the chance on 12 million grateful new overnight immigrant votes.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am done with them also!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm just about done with voting. Seems to not make a tinkers dam* who you vote for once they get to Washington drink the water and start chasing hookers they forget who brought them to the dance. The worst culprit is Baby Bush who wants to be a Mexican citizen so bad he'll do anything including sell the country to Mexico. To bad we can't yank his citizenship and send him to Mexico he wants it so bad. mad

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Just wait... within an hour, two tops, you'll be hearing how they are SO much better than the alternative (i.e. think that the only alternative is the Demoncraps) that you'd be a fool to leave the Republicrat camp.

FWIW, I left them a while back... they left me long ago.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Instead of leaving the Republican party,... why not vote for Ron Paul and reclaim it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bristoe, Ron Paul is one person, the RINO's in office would overpower him, and deep down you know it. I hate to put it that way. frown Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
a lot of old whiteguy republicans can't believe there is any other choice out there. they're in denial. they've built their whole life around supporting the republicans, and now it's clear the republicans weren't supporting them at all.

a true new party with effective leadership is essential. Otherwise we can shut down our part of the American system, because it will be gone in the bat of an eye.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Regardless of how shortsighted it might be. Throwing the baby out with the bath water never did much for the baby.

Sam......

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Violator22
Bristoe, Ron Paul is one person, the RINO's in office would overpower him, and deep down you know it. I hate to put it that way. frown Les

The RINO's have had their day.

http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/mulshine/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/117980934539710.xml&coll=1

The neocon moment is over
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
So-called "neo" conservatism has its roots in a Marxist view of the world. So it is not surprising that the neocons are trying to silence their most prominent conservative critic.

That would be Texas Rep. Ron Paul. He outraged the neocons dur ing the Republican presidential debate last week by advocating that the GOP return to the traditional conservative stance of noninterventionism. Paul invoked the ghost of Robert Taft, the GOP Senate leader who fought entry into NATO. And he also pointed out that messing around in the Mideast creates risks here at home.

That prompted Rudy Giuliani to interrupt Paul and demand that he retract his remarks. Paul not only refused to bow to Il Duce, but after the debate, Paul told the TV audience that the self-appointed saint of 9/11 might consider reading the report of the 9/11 commission, which makes the same point in some detail.

The following day, I wrote a column taking Paul's side in the debate. I expected the usual response from brainwashed Bush loyalists who believe the Iraq war is going so well that attacks on Iran and Syria are long overdue.

That didn't happen. Instead I was deluged with e-mails agreeing with Paul's position.

Something was up. I put in a call to Andy Napolitano, the Fox News legal analyst and my brother's old buddy at Notre Dame Law School. In addition to appearing on TV, Andy co-hosts a talk show called "Brian and the Judge" on Fox radio.

"Our calls have been going 10 to one in favor of Ron Paul," said Na politano, a former Superior Court judge in New Jersey who supports Paul's libertarian views.

I got a similar response from Lew Rockwell, who hosts a Web site (www.lewrockwell.com) fre quented by free-market fanatics. He attributed the outpouring of pro-Paul sentiment to the fact that "the people who are against the war were waiting for someone who wasn't Michael Moore."

That seems to be the case. Even on the Town Hall Web site, a sort of ongoing acid test for drinkers of neocon Kool-Aid, a blog showed overwhelming agreement with Paul, who is a physician in real life.

Clearly, the doctor had hit a nerve. The neocons are fond of ar guing that we can't simply retreat into "fortress America," as they call it. But the impulse to do so is deeply ingrained in the American psyche. If you doubt that, look at the polls on immigration. The neocon in chief is an open-borders guy, but that view has no support in the base of the GOP.

Giuliani is well to the left of Bush on immigration. As New York City mayor, he ordered his police not to turn illegal aliens over to the feds. If the plotters in the 9/11 at tack had been caught on immigra tion violations by the New York Police Department on 9/10, Giuliani would have had them released in time to make their planes. No wonder he believes we have to fight the terrorists over there.

As it now stands, all of the leading GOP contenders endorse some version of the neocon view of the world. They agree that it is the proper duty of the president to administer not just the United States but the Persian Gulf states. But the current Republican president has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that this idea is unworkable. No wonder the party politburo doesn't want Paul in the debates.

Out in the heartland, however, isolationism is the default setting. The American people supported the Iraq war only because the neocons convinced them that Saddam Hussein was a threat to America. When that fib fell apart, Americans were supposed to be ecstatic that Iraqis were finally going to the polls -- while ignoring the fact that the parties they were voting for had longer histories of anti-American terrorism than Saddam.

In other words, these foreigners are nuts. Paul made that point more politely last week in endorsing Ronald Reagan's decision to pull out of Lebanon in 1983 after the bombing of the Marine barracks. "I think Reagan was right," he said. "We don't understand the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics."

As for Giuliani, he doesn't even understand American politics. He mistakenly believes his views on Mideast interventionism are conservative, but he ignores the fact that his views are indistinguishable from those of Hillary Clinton.

That will change, though not on Giuliani's side. He's too busy looking for his personal Abyssinia to in vade. But Hillary comes from the heartland, not New York. She is smart enough to recognize the seismic shift in American politics that occurred last week. Any day now I expect her to begin wistfully recalling how she organized her kindergarten class to support Robert Taft in the 1952 presidential race.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Just wait... within an hour, two tops, you'll be hearing how they are SO much better than the alternative (i.e. think that the only alternative is the Demoncraps) that you'd be a fool to leave the Republicrat camp.

Unfortunately, both conditions can exist simultaneously. The Republicans ARE a bunch of corrupt losers, AND they are orders of magnitude better than the alternative.

Hobson's choice, indeed.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Regardless of how shortsighted it might be. Throwing the baby out with the bath water never did much for the baby.

Neither did having your throat cut, or back stabbed, by the lesser of two evils, just because you couldn't try to find a way to avoid either evil.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If you work for a living, are a legal citizen, and follow the law, neither party is representing you. As for throwing out the baby, maybe we need a retroactive abortion!

I will no longer be forced to accept the lesser of two evils as a choice. All we get now is a bit lesser evil...helluva way to run a great country... smirk

Last edited by luv2safari; 05/24/07.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
actually, i tend to see the demopublican consortium as a single party, with a left wing and a right wing.

wonder what a new party might look like, taking into account folks from the demo, lefthand group, and the publican right hand group, along with others who wish to participate in this great democratic (representative) republic?

no tellin' what a true gathering of the roundtable could bring about, if carefully thought out and structured?

somebody out there is wanting to be a true leader and not just work for a "prestigious" job-title aren't there?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Gus
actually, i tend to see the demopublican consortium as a single party, with a left wing and a right wing.

EXACTLY!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would say I left the Repubs. The gentile discourse I have seen here has made me realize I am a libertarian (thanks Barak) at heart (albeit with a conservitive Repub bend).

Of the 2 choices I more closely align myself with teh Repubs only because the Dems are so repulsive to me.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Neither did having your throat cut, or back stabbed, by the lesser of two evils, just because you couldn't try to find a way to avoid either evil.

I see a long, hard road ahead. The Ron Paul's of America can't win, because they appeal to so few people. America is right at the tipping point, where those that benefit from the liberal agenda outnumber those that are having to pay for it.
I don't see it getting better Sean, the numbers are against us. Times are truely, a changing. What the kids learn in school reflects virtually nothing of the values we hold. What constitutes "American culture" now, is out of synch with what we feel it should be. One thing is certain, America is never again going to be what Ward Cleaver and Ozzy Nelson experienced.
The only political, peaceful thing we can do is to be as active in local politics as possible. Short of that, well, I hate to hazzard a guess as to what may be just over the horizon for us.

Sam

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Instead of leaving the Republican party,... why not vote for Ron Paul and reclaim it?

As much as I hate to agree with your cantankerous old asss...Well said Bristoe....I need a beer now....

Last edited by Bart185; 05/24/07. Reason: can't spell...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I see you wear blinders. If you work for a living, are a legal citizen, and follow the law, neither party is representing you. As for throwing out the baby, maybe we need a retroactive abortion!

I will no longer be forced to accept the lesser of two evils as a choice. All we get now is a bit lesser evil...helluva way to run a great country... smirk

no blinders safari, but some sense of practicality, and reality. Just because we don't like things, does not mean they will change. Hard work, and being politically active might help, but then its easier to just bitch here, right?

Sam......

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bart185
Originally Posted by Bristoe

As much as I hate to agree with your cantankerous old asss...Well said Bristoe....I need a beer now....

Paleo conservatives of the libertarian bent have damned good reason to be cantankerous,...

Wouldn't you agree?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1911a1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 79 invisible), 14,723 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,072
Posts18,541,338
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.